Quarter of Canadian companies considering move to U.S. amid NAFTA uncertainty

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
You're welcome America. Our security apparatus in their efforts to destroy the liberty and self determination of businesses has ensured businesses will be leaving, I am sure you will be seeing many U.S companies headed back to America also.

The only good news in all of this for Canadians is that it will force Canada to compete and there will be less revenue to support the covert police agencies. We already have the highest personal debt levels on earth, 170% of citizens income.

Quarter of Canadian companies considering move to U.S. amid NAFTA uncertainty

OTTAWA — More a quarter of Canadian firms could move part of their operations to the United States amid uncertainty over the future of the NAFTA trade pact, the nation’s export credit agency said on Friday.

The semi-annual forecast by Export Development Canada underlines the challenges posed by the more isolationist approach to trade of U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration.

Canada sends 75 per cent of all goods exports to the United States and could be badly hit if Washington walks away from the North American Free Trade Agreement. One way to cushion the potential blow is to set up shop in the United States.

EDC said 26 per cent of the 1,002 firms surveyed “indicated that they are moving – or are considering moving – part of their operations inside the U.S. border in response to the elevated uncertainty regarding U.S. trade policy.”

I can’t recall hearing of corporations looking to move to the USA, in the past few decades.

I can’t recall hearing of corporations looking to move to the USA, in the past few decades.

Wait until the Tax Bill passes. Canada is in deep trouble, I warned them for over a decade. Now we all get to go down together, how Canadian of us...

Forum List

Back