QE4Ever!

Very few condemned it. If it's wrong, and it is, why did Obama do it for eight years?

Many followed Ryan's lead and condemned it.

With interest rates at the lower bound, QE makes sense to get the economy going in a depressed economy. Now, in the best economy the country has ever seen (Trump), it's wholly inappropriate.

The economy is no better than it was under Obama. It's just the markets that are doing well. That's all that Trump and Obama cared about.

The economy is no better than it was under Obama. It's just the markets that are doing well. That's all that Trump and Obama cared about.

Really. Bernanke announced, in Dec. 2014, QE3 would taper out. At that time, the unemployment rate was around 6.8% - about double today's rate.

But yeah, the "economy is no better than it was under Obama."

You're a smart guy, pknopp. You must know that neither Obama nor Trump initiated a QE program. At least you should. And, what's more, you should know better than to peddle that Both-Sides bullshit. President Obama, even as far into the recovery as 2014, still tried to extricate the U.S. economy from the fallout of Bush's all-out arson, while a Republican Congress thwarted whatever they could. Trump tries artificially to inflate the big finance bottom lines by urging loose money policies be followed by folks who are supposed to be independent of political influence, while mostly helped by a compliant, mostly Republican Congress with massive spending. The differences, that is to say, are stark.

The New York Fed has been pumping Tens of Billions of dollars into the banking system for several weeks now. And they are re-expanding their balance sheet.

All part of the fallout from trillion dollar deficits. Not enough liquidity in the system.

I hope Deficit Donald has the courage to at least tweet a thank you to the Fed!

New York Fed Injects $104.15 Billion in Short-Term Liquidity

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York injected $104.15 billion in temporary liquidity into financial markets Thursday.

The intervention came in two parts. One was via a term-repurchase-agreement operation that will last for 15 days that added $30.65 billion. The other was via a one-day repo operation that totaled $73.5 billion.

Fed repo interventions take in Treasury and mortgage securities from eligible banks in what is effectively a loan of central bank cash, collateralized by dealer-owned bonds. Last month, the Fed ramped up its repo operations for the first time in over a decade to help tame spiking short-term borrowing costs.

<snip>

On Wednesday, the Fed also began buying large amounts of Treasury bills to help expand the size of its balance sheet as part of a longer-term solution for money-market volatility.

Theyre propping up western europe ........western europe financially collapses it will start a chain reaction ....which I'm all for

Really. Bernanke announced, in Dec. 2014, QE3 would taper out. At that time, the unemployment rate was around 6.8% - about double today's rate.

But yeah, the "economy is no better than it was under Obama."

You're a smart guy, pknopp. You must know that neither Obama nor Trump initiated a QE program. At least you should. And, what's more, you should know better than to peddle that Both-Sides bullshit. President Obama, even as far into the recovery as 2014, still tried to extricate the U.S. economy from the fallout of Bush's all-out arson, while a Republican Congress thwarted whatever they could. Trump tries artificially to inflate the big finance bottom lines by urging loose money policies be followed by folks who are supposed to be independent of political influence, while mostly helped by a compliant, mostly Republican Congress with massive spending. The differences, that is to say, are stark.

Under Obama just as now, the rich are doing very well while to poor falls further behind.

Eventually, all those trillions of dollars the Fed has pumped into the system will start to move around, pick up velocity.

THEN we will see inflation.

I explained it all in my Federal Reserve Bond Bubble Doomsday Machine topic.
How else do you get an innocent price and tax increase?
Trillion dollar deficits are easier to pay off with a weak dollar.

Here's the brilliant plan our 'stable genius' came up with: Donald Trump: U.S. will never default 'because you print the money'
Wasn't Obama in charge during our only credit downgrade?

Eventually, all those trillions of dollars the Fed has pumped into the system will start to move around, pick up velocity.

Here's the brilliant plan our 'stable genius' came up with: Donald Trump: U.S. will never default 'because you print the money'
^^^
More fake news from CNN.

If you go to the link, there's a video of Donald saying it, butthead.

^^^
More fake news from CNN.

If you go to the link, there's a video of Donald saying it, butthead.

The Trump worshipers actually think the videos are fake.

QE1, 2, and 3 added $2 trillion to the money supply.

As for depreciation of the dollar, nope. In fact, Trump was recently whining about how strong the dollar is and was tantrum demanding the Fed weaken it.

So...he should be tweeting a thank you to the Fed right about now...
The $4.5 trillion experiment rattling markets
Markets Now
The $4.5 trillion experiment rattling markets
You know ,you are a fucking idiot and it isnt even fun trying to prove that you are an idiot. If you fail once again to be truthful, then I will again put your sorry ass on ignore. Dumbass.

Under Obama just as now, the rich are doing very well while to poor falls further behind.

Thanks for not even trying to pretend you had a counter to my argument. That's ... something.

You have nothing to counter with. Obama had an amazing chance to set things right. He had the White House, the House and a large majority in the Senate.

He blew it. Well, from my point of view he blew it. In hindsight it turned out he was simply who he was.

You have nothing to counter with. Obama had an amazing chance to set things right. He had the White House, the House and a large majority in the Senate.

For about six weeks

Humm, well, the next time Trump nominates a hard-money conservative for the Fed, you liberals might try not smearing them but supporting them. And, gee, all during the Obama years, you liberals did nothing but ignore or minimize Obama's enormous deficit spending.

Humm, well, the next time Trump nominates a hard-money conservative for the Fed, you liberals might try not smearing them but supporting them. And, gee, all during the Obama years, you liberals did nothing but ignore or minimize Obama's enormous deficit spending.

As you are doing with Trump's.

And, gee, all during the Obama years, you liberals did nothing but ignore or minimize Obama's enormous deficit spending.
Well, since he implemented less new spending than any president in a long time, I guess that shows they have a grip on reality.

Forum List

Back