Q: What food defines American culture?

Aside from the Thanksgiving tradition of roasted turkey, brown gravy, dressing, green beans, and cranberry sauce, each region has its own distinctly popular foods. In the south, it’s mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried oysters, and steak.

In the Northeast, it’s clam chowder and boiled crabs. In the West, it’s vegetarian food and burgers.

In the Midwest, it’s lake trout and cheese.

Comments would be welcome. :p
Did you read a tourist guide in the back of your coach seat on Stereotype Air?

I didn’t actually.

It was just something to say.

Petro; you’re a Polack?
My nickname since I was a kid is Petro Polack. Many friends still call me that.
Petro is a short version of my impossible to pronounce last name. The Poles in my family have been in northern MN since the late 1800's as miners in the Mesabi Range also known as the Iron Range..

Petro; you’re a Polack?
Petro is a short version of my impossible to pronounce last name. The Poles in my family have been in northern MN since the late 1800's as miners in the Mesabi Range also known as the Iron Range..

Best blinis ever, in Poland.

Baked beans.
Real baked beans made with heirloom King of the Early or Jacobs Cattle baked slow all day with a hunk of salt pork, a whole onion, and a wee bit of brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. WEE bit.

Aside from the Thanksgiving tradition of roasted turkey, brown gravy, dressing, green beans, and cranberry sauce, each region has its own distinctly popular foods. In the south, it’s mashed potatoes, cornbread, fried oysters, and steak.

In the Northeast, it’s clam chowder and boiled crabs. In the West, it’s vegetarian food and burgers.

Steamed Maryland blue crabs with fried chicken and corn on the cob.

I‘ve seen queues stretching around blocks in DC, for those crabs. On sale from street vehicles.

I‘ve seen queues stretching around blocks in DC, for those crabs. On sale from street vehicles.

Is that all you think about?

Food and sex?

In that order?

I thought I posted in this thread... but I couldn't find it - so if this is a duplicate... so be it.
Food America is known for - that is easy, depending on where you live in the world it is either going to be one or a combination of these three things...
Subway
McDonalds
KFC
The really good food that exist in America is almost exclusively only known to Americans/Canadians and those that have been here. Everyone else - it is the above.

Petro; you’re a Polack?

:biggrin:
Blinis - Ricetta Blinis di Misya

Love them.
Unfortunately I've never eaten them but I think they're so tasty :eek::)

Petro; you’re a Polack?

That doesn't look right, what is that?

Is that all you think about?

Food and sex?

In that order?

Yes. Well, there's a few things prioritized b4 sex..
That's almost in IDGAF land.

Last edited:
Petro; you’re a Polack?

These are blinis! :)
To me this food really looks right! ;)

Petro; you’re a Polack?

What kind of meat is that?

Petro; you’re a Polack?

Smoked salmon.

As if you didn’t know. :rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:

Petro; you’re a Polack?

I think Mindful is right! This is smoked salmon :):adoreheart:

Petro; you’re a Polack?

I think Mindful is right! This is smoked salmon :):adoreheart:
Blech! To each their own.

Petro; you’re a Polack?

Smoked salmon.

As if you didn’t know. :rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:
I'm not too hip on Polish food.

I know Kielbaska and idk if pierogies are even Polish.

In my world, pierogies are from Ukraine.
That doesn't sound like something I'd like. Pancakes with salmon..blech!
Looks like hoecake. :aargh:

Forum List

Back