Q for USMB Progressives

Okay, sure... You typed all that data from memory. You copied it from some favorite Thom Hartmann hack style site or previous document you created, added commentary (which looks remarkably like other stuff I've seen before) and it's still the same nonsense it was back then.

This Reagan is satan crap doesn't fly here.

We have the number 1 economy on the planet and got here in a relatively short time by adhering to free markets.

My question: Why do you think Redistribution is a better deal?

Why not ask when did they stop beating their wives, as well…

I know of no liberal/progressive who believes in ‘redistribution’ of any kind.

We have the number one economy on the planet as a result of both the public and private sectors working together: government regulation and oversight protects business from its darker side as well as providing the foundational infrastructure needed to allow businesses to succeed and flourish; tax dollars and sound public policy are as much contributors to a given business’s success as the hard work and dedication of that business owner.

That’s the essence of progressivism – a pragmatic approach rejecting blind dogma from both the left and right, having nothing to do with ‘redistribution.’

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqI5PSRcXM]Obama-Spread the wealth around - YouTube[/ame]

The idea that we got here with out creating debt is hilarious. We haven't had a balanced budget in 60 years. The debt was at 5 trillion before the wars. We increased our debt with 2 wars and unregulated Government social programs. It did not happen over night, or did it happen just under Bush or Obama.

By the way Obama is running up the debt twice as fast as Bush did.

Obama inheirited an annual interest payment of about $450 billion because of the money Reagan and the Bushes borrowed. Three years of that comes to about $1.2 trillion. Kindly subtract that from Obama's debt and add it to the Reagan-Bushes.

Trillions of that borrowed money ended up in the pockets of those in this country who least needed it:

Total U S Debt

Snipped for bullshit
well SOMEONE is hitting his favorite cut-and-paste links.

Like the numbers on their own actually mean something! :lol: Other than highlighting the stupidity of Cammpbell, they are meaningless. Context - always kind of puts the numbers into... well.... context. :lol:

We have the number 1 economy on the planet and got here in a relatively short time by adhering to free markets.

1. The United States has a Mixed Economy.

2. So your question is just utterly fucking stupid. The only redistribution of wealth that has been going on in this county is to the top 1%.

A. Ronald Reagan inherited a national debt of about $3 Trillion and left office with a national debt close to $5 Trillion.
B. When St. Ron assumed office, the top 1% of Americans obtained 10 percent of the wealth.
C. When Barack Obama assumed office, the top 1% of Americans obtained 22.4 % of the wealth.

In other words, there has been a massive redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the upper class. Today, the top 20% of Americans control 80% of all wealth in the country. The middle class today is worse off than it was in 1980 when St. Ron took office. A central question for this nation is whether the current distribution of wealth will allow us to have a vibrant economy producing middle class jobs and enabling middle class people to purchase homes and have a comfortable retirement.

REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH IN AMERICA

And yet again, this troll bozo neglects to continue the numbers for when Obamalama took over, spending at record rates...

Filthy progressive scum

I told you....he started off having to pay $450 billion a year of interest on the Republican's debt. Three years of that is more than a trillion dollars.

In case you don't reali e how much $450 billion is we spend about $100 billion on education and less than that on the infrastructure. I don't blame you...I'd be desperate for a way to hide the reckless spending and borrowing of Reagan and the Bush family myself.

And yet you don't hold that standard for others... hmmm... I wonder why that is....??? Troll

What's the difference in "redistribution" policy between Bush and Obama?

Bush Tax cuts+crazy spending we can never afford+increasing debt to pass on to our kids/grandkids

Look at the above 3 items, is there one that doesn't pertain to either individual?

The problem is... due to "trickle down" we don't have a "Free market". we have a rigged market that panders to big business and kills labor and most recently.. small business.

The problem is... due to "trickle down" we don't have a "Free market". we have a rigged market that panders to big business and kills labor and most recently.. small business.

We have a gov't that selects a couple big businesses and panders to them, both parties are equally guilty of this.

These lobbies/big corporations buy off the 2 status quo parties, you think they don't get a good return on their investments?

Thanks for the deregulation depression and for gutting the nonrich and our infrastructure. Time for intelligent gov't again....Your party is batshytte crazy....

What the fuck are you talking about???

Wilson created the FED and FDR took us off the gold standard..

Those two apes are responsible for the depression and our dictated economy.

Our money is worth shit because of those two...

In what universe do you believe a government can just dictate an economy??

Dictated economies don't work and they NEVER WILL work...

Why not ask when did they stop beating their wives, as well…

I know of no liberal/progressive who believes in ‘redistribution’ of any kind.

We have the number one economy on the planet as a result of both the public and private sectors working together: government regulation and oversight protects business from its darker side as well as providing the foundational infrastructure needed to allow businesses to succeed and flourish; tax dollars and sound public policy are as much contributors to a given business’s success as the hard work and dedication of that business owner.

That’s the essence of progressivism – a pragmatic approach rejecting blind dogma from both the left and right, having nothing to do with ‘redistribution.’

Guess you missed Barry telling Joe the Plumber about wanting to spread it around, huh?

oh gawd.

When was this period of "adhering to free markets" that got us to the "number 1 economy on the planet"?

The industrial revolution - when our money was backed by gold.

oh gawd.

When was this period of "adhering to free markets" that got us to the "number 1 economy on the planet"?

oh, you mean when workers were little more than slaves? Gotcha...

Frank does not understand that capitalism, regulated or not, is a system of redistribution of wealth.

I think the issue for him is that the government plays a role in our capitalistic system.

oh gawd.

oh, you mean when workers were little more than slaves? Gotcha...

Bullshit....

Did employers abuse employees? yes that has happened, however you make it sound like it was common and it wasn't..

The funny part is that I can surely list more examples of abuse er exploitation of labor than you can and you're the one making bold accusations.

Last edited:
Frank does not understand that capitalism, regulated or not, is a system of redistribution of wealth.

I think the issue for him is that the government plays a role in our capitalistic system.

Capitalism is the creation of wealth..

I believe Franks issue is that government is looking for ways to manipulate capitalism.....and that is an issue of mine as well.

Forum List

Back