Q for Followers of Jesus

Originally posted by dilloduck
No a virgin birth is what you claim to have happened in order for you to try to prove that Jesus was sinless. Common sense would call for a biological father.

Isn't all this supposed to be a "miracle" anyway?

I'm not sure what you are asking/stating here.

Yes - Jesus was born from a virgin. Without miracles, other virgin births have been recorded in history; Having a mother who is a virgin doesn't mean there was no father.

In THIS case, God created the life within her - she didn't have intercourse w/ Christ's 'father'.

God is Jesus' biological father. :)

What I'm saying is that sense has nothing to do with it because god is such a vast concept that it is beyond mans ability to make sense of it all. If there are other virgin births in history are the all sinless too?

Originally posted by -=d=-
I'm not sure what you are asking/stating here.

Yes - Jesus was born from a virgin. Without miracles, other virgin births have been recorded in history; Having a mother who is a virgin doesn't mean there was no father.

In THIS case, God created the life within her - she didn't have intercourse w/ Christ's 'father'.

God is Jesus' biological father. :)

What other virgin births have there been?? I only know of one. Dillo is right; common sense dictates that a mother would have lost her virginity in order to get impregnated. However, dillo, the miracle of it all is the God created the human form of Jesus within Mary's womb, like -=d=- said.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
What other virgin births have there been?? I only know of one. Dillo is right; common sense dictates that a mother would have lost her virginity in order to get impregnated. However, dillo, the miracle of it all is the God created the human form of Jesus within Mary's womb, like -=d=- said.

Ever watch The History Channel?

(shrug) they did an hour-long show on Virgin Births.

:)

I suppose it would be possible with a sperm-filled turkey baster or an implanted embryo. But that medical technology wasn't available until the 20th century.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I suppose it would be possible with a sperm-filled turkey baster or an implanted embryo. But that medical technology wasn't available until the 20th century.
Sperm also can live for some time outside the body. When the juices get flowing, well, just think of swimming up stream. It has happened when kids are just "fooling around" and no intercourse has taken place. However, I would not call that "sinless" virginal conception!

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Sperm also can live for some time outside the body. When the juices get flowing, well, just think of swimming up stream. It has happened when kids are just "fooling around" and no intercourse has taken place. However, I would not call that "sinless" virginal conception!

But the woman would be a 'biological' virgin...that's the point for the example of "other virgin births have happened".

Originally posted by -=d=-
But the woman would be a 'biological' virgin...that's the point for the example of "other virgin births have happened".

Agreed. My emphasis was on the "sinless" part! lol (or the lack thereof)

Virgin birth also can happen now with cloning technology.

The Earthly father side will be there obviously, and therefore sin remains.

The point is that as technology gets better, and we prove the Bible could have been accurate through our new viewpoints, discrediting it on science becomes more and more difficult.

In the whole virgin birth thing, the only leg anyone could stand on is that God was the father.

Virgin birth is now provable scientific fact.

Dillo, both the creation of Adam and the impregnation of Mary with Jesus' embryo (fertilized egg?) were the miraculous workings of God. No real way to chalk either one up to science.

Forum List

Back