putin again cuts off gas supply to Germany. I SAY - BUILD THE nuclear power plants NOW !

Green energy is the future, but not the near future. To have shut down their nuclear power plants and rely on Russian gas imports before they could fully convert to renewables was reckless and irresponsible behavior, but also enabled the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Germany and Denmark have already struck a deal to build a 9 billion dollar offshore wind park which will power 4.5 million homes. The future is now.

I suspect Germany will end up relying on Norway and the Netherlands for all of their gas needs. Their own gas reserves are at over 90%. Germany will be fine, for now.

The UK relies on 43% renewable energy, nearly as much as Germany, to power their country, but their electricity prices are more in line with the US.

View attachment 690768

Would you like to amend your claim?

Nope.

Current average cost per kwh in the UK is 21 cents. In the US, it's over 15 cents. These have been updated as of this month, not from one year ago, as your figures show. Nice playing with you.

Germany and Denmark have already struck a deal to build a 9 billion dollar offshore wind park which will power 4.5 million homes. The future is now.

I suspect Germany will end up relying on Norway and the Netherlands for all of their gas needs. Their own gas reserves are at over 90%. Germany will be fine, for now.
Fine might be an overstatement, but I suspect Europe will experience more inconvenience than disaster.

Nope.

Current average cost per kwh in the UK is 21 cents. In the US, it's over 15 cents. These have been updated as of this month, not from one year ago, as your figures show. Nice playing with you.

Current average cost per kwh in the UK is 21 cents.

Where do you see that in your link?

Was it here.........

According to official figures, the average electricity bill in the UK was around £764 per year for 2021, but it will be significantly higher in 2022—possibly 3X higher.

LOL, very soon :

clit7crumaeth4g-svapg.jpg

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Current average cost per kwh in the UK is 21 cents.

Where do you see that in your link?

Was it here.........

According to official figures, the average electricity bill in the UK was around £764 per year for 2021, but it will be significantly higher in 2022—possibly 3X higher.

18.9 pence is equivalent to around 21 cents.

Why don't you post, to help the ignorant,
the average number of hours your typical solar panel generates output?

I have. There is zero evidence that wind and solar are unreliable, as you keep stating. If this were true, the UK and Germany would have constant blackouts and brownouts, except the opposite is true. These are extremely rare events and half their energy comes from wind and solar. In contrast, we in the United States have the most blackouts of any developed country in the world. Even the military is quickly moving to renewables to power their army bases and get off the US grid.

I have. There is zero evidence that wind and solar are unreliable, as you keep stating. If this were true, the UK and Germany would have constant blackouts and brownouts, except the opposite is true. These are extremely rare events and half their energy comes from wind and solar. In contrast, we in the United States have the most blackouts of any developed country in the world. Even the military is quickly moving to renewables to power their army bases and get off the US grid.

So it's a reading issue?

I have.

You posted the number of hours a solar panel generates output? Nice!
How many hours?

So it's a reading issue?

I have.

You posted the number of hours a solar panel generates output? Nice!
How many hours?

A reading issue for you perhaps, but not for me. How difficult is it to convert pence to usd?

All my responses were in reply to you stating how "unreliable" wind and solar was, so yes, "I have." When you couldn't rebut a single thing I said, probably because it wasn't in your script, you deflected with a question about solar output, which has zero to do with reliability. Nice try. Better update your script with more right wing misinformation next time.

Moscow horde´s war record :- 1856 defeated by Britain and France 1905 defeated by Japan 1917 defeated by Germany 1920 defeated by Poland, Finland, Estonia and all Baltic states 1939 defeated by Finland 1969 defeated by China 1989 defeated by Afghanistan 1989 defeated in the Cold War. 1996 defeated by Chechnya 2022 defeated by Ukraine WW2 won USA/Britain , meanwhile Stalin's officers were shot or sent to the Gulags. Millions went to the Gulags, including Solzhenitsyn Moscow's only victories come from invading smaller countries :- a) Hungary 1956 b) Czechoslovakia 1968 c) Moldova 1992 d) Georgia 2008

A reading issue for you perhaps, but not for me. How difficult is it to convert pence to usd?

All my responses were in reply to you stating how "unreliable" wind and solar was, so yes, "I have." When you couldn't rebut a single thing I said, probably because it wasn't in your script, you deflected with a question about solar output, which has zero to do with reliability. Nice try. Better update your script with more right wing misinformation next time.

1662309792904.png

You claimed their current cost, "updated as of this month", was 21 cents, but your own source
shows 28p or about 32 cents. And in less than a month it will jump to 52p or about 64 cents.
I guess it is your reading issue, eh?

All my responses were in reply to you stating how "unreliable" wind and solar was

If solar generates power less than 50% of the time, that's reliable?
I could post an article about the 2021 drop off in UK wind power if you'd like.

Where'd you go?
Still working on your reading?
What's the current UK price per kWh?

Gazprom has released a video titled “And winter will be big”, which appears to mock Europe’s gas shortage.

It'll be yuge

Germans and other western euros go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Forum List

Back