Purchased two recent Willie Nelson CD's......

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
.....and they're superb! I picked up Willie's My Way, a tribute to the songs of Frank Sinatra and Ride Me Back Home, his latest release. My Way, released last year, finds Willie in fine form vocally, and the backing musicians are excellent. Ride Me Back Home, released a couple months ago, finds Willie still in fine form vocally and the backing musicians and production are top-notch. And Willie's version of the song "My Way", from the Sinatra tribute, is THE best version I've heard. Willie's vocals and his backing on this one are sublime. So if you're a fan of Willie's music, pick these ones up!

Are you per chance watching the history of country music on PBS?

My favorite Willie Nelson song is Angels flying too close to the ground. I have seen him in concert too.

My favorite Willie Nelson song is Angels flying too close to the ground. I have seen him in concert too.
Nope, I'm not watching the PBS series. My sister and I don't have television! We ditched it about four years ago, when our cable bill kept going up. Neither one of us misses it. I did see the CD box set for the series. The five CD's in the set seem to touch on every era of country music, from the beginnings to current country music. I may purchase this.

Nope, I'm not watching the PBS series. My sister and I don't have television! We ditched it about four years ago, when our cable bill kept going up. Neither one of us misses it. I did see the CD box set for the series. The five CD's in the set seem to touch on every era of country music, from the beginnings to current country music. I may purchase this.

Ken Burns is an excellent historian.

Ken Burns is an excellent historian.
Yes, he IS. I've enjoyed watching some of his series in the past. I enjoyed what I saw of his series on baseball, and what I saw of his series on jazz music.

Yes... Last night was the first night and it was all right... I have watched just about every documentary on Country Music there is but there was a few things I learned last night... Lot of history of Country Music on You Tube... I am going to watch all of it though and I know I will enjoy...

Nope, I'm not watching the PBS series. My sister and I don't have television!

I would about just bet the farm you will be able to stream this PBS doc somewhere on line... Maybe not right now, but sometime in the future...

My favorite songs from Willie are his duets.

"Fire To Fire"
"Mendicino County Line"
"The Highway Man"
"Pancho And Lefty"
"Beer For My Horses"

God bless you and him and his collaborators who are still here always!!!

Holly

P.S. I don't know why, but I am currently not able to copy and paste the clip links to my message.

Forum List

Back