Punkass Trolls

Okey dokey I'm placing a seed order and planning my garden.

I waltz into my fave new message board and it appears all hell is breaking loose. Can someone anyone just give me a quickie synopsis on what the heck has just happened because I am seeing "banned" under a whole batch of names?

Obviously as I have been comparing prices of broccoli seed the earth has moved here.

Can anyone fill me in? Can anyone just get me up to speed?

Thanks in advance,

td

The problem with labeling a person a troll is if you have a weak moderator and a site member starts being a crybaby and cries to the moderator or the owner of the site because another is whipping that crybaby in a debate then the word troll is used to ban someone.

I see it all the time on other sites and have been banned myself for being a supposed troll while all the time I have kept the debate to the issues at hand. As long as it does not get personal and name calling then it all should be open game for debate.

There are alot of babies out there. Especially on the left.

The problem with labeling a person a troll is if you have a weak moderator and a site member starts being a crybaby and cries to the moderator or the owner of the site because another is whipping that crybaby in a debate then the word troll is used to ban someone.

I see it all the time on other sites and have been banned myself for being a supposed troll while all the time I have kept the debate to the issues at hand. As long as it does not get personal and name calling then it all should be open game for debate.

bite me

bite me

draculaEMU6732.jpg

So what happened to Madeline? I see she's been banned.

To keep up with all that takes place on these boards, one needs to spend a considerable amount of time here. Question is ... am I willing?

When people start talking about trolls, I have to wonder. Because I've seen situations where people whose opinions are unpopular are called trolls.

What the heck is it that gets people banned here? From what I've seen of the climate, you can get pretty nasty and it's accepted here. I've even seen a couple of mods make comments that were combative and contained profanity. Obviously the use of profane language is accepted. Just how far can one go? Is there a list of acceptable cuss words or something?

Please, please, please tell me the banning is not administered at the whim of mods just because the don't like someone.

Last edited:
When people start talking about trolls, I have to wonder. Because I've seen situations where people whose opinions are unpopular are called trolls.

What the heck is it that gets people banned here? From what I've seen of the climate, you can get pretty nasty and it's accepted here. I've even seen a couple of mods make comments that were combative and contained profanity. Obviously the use of profane language is accepted. Just how far can one go? Is there a list of acceptable cuss words or something?

Please, please, please tell me the banning is not administered at the whim of mods just because the don't like someone.

I would suggest reading the rules.

It takes a lot to get you banned here. One of the hard and fast rules is one account per person. Sock poppets are not allowed. If you are banned and come back as someone else..that is a sock. Having several nics is being a sock.

It has nothing to do with unpopularity or whim..... if it were many of the people you will see here would have been banned long ago.

i generally ban people because of their avatars.

you suck

you suck

you're lucky i like birds

It takes a lot to get you banned here. One of the hard and fast rules is one account per person. Sock poppets are not allowed. If you are banned and come back as someone else..that is a sock. Having several nics is being a sock.

It has nothing to do with unpopularity or whim..... if it were many of the people you will see here would have been banned long ago.

I DID read the rules. It's the first thing I did when I registered here. I see what the rules say, but wonder what actual practice is.

I've already been zinged for a "rule" that is not written. I was told we are not to bring drama from other forums here. Why isn't that in the rules? How many other "rules" are there that aren't written in the rules.

And actually, some of the rules, such as concerning foul language, are at the mods' discretion. Foul language will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion. Hmmm.

Doesn't really matter, it's a helluva lot better here than where I came from! :up:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

I DID read the rules. It's the first thing I did when I registered here. I see what the rules say, but wonder what actual practice is.

I've already been zinged for a "rule" that is not written. I was told we are not to bring drama from other forums here. Why isn't that in the rules? How many other "rules" are there that aren't written in the rules.

And actually, some of the rules, such as concerning foul language, are at the mods' discretion. Hmmm.

the rules that really matter are the family rule, the no threats rule, the arguing in public with mods rule and the sock puppet rule. as to drama from other boards, we've found that letting arguments, disagreements, character assassination etc from other boards transfer to over here just makes for a big mess that we'd rather not deal with. if you've got questions aout the rules, you can PM anyone on staff. welcome to the monkey house

And actually, some of the rules, such as concerning foul language, are at the mods' discretion. Hmmm.

the rules that really matter are the family rule, the no threats rule, the arguing in public with mods rule and the sock puppet rule. as to drama from other boards, we've found that letting arguments, disagreements, character assassination etc from other boards transfer to over here just makes for a big mess that we'd rather not deal with. if you've got questions aout the rules, you can PM anyone on staff. welcome to the monkey house

Hey!

Hey!
i can guarantee liberals make the most complaints about posts they don't agree with or cannot refute.typical liberal cry babies.this damn thread says it all.:clap2::clap2:

Hey!
i can guarantee liberals make the most complaints about posts they don't agree with or cannot refute.typical liberal cry babies.this damn thread says it all.:clap2::clap2:

*yawn*

Forum List

Back