Punishing The Innocent

And if you were unable to afford that bond, they would have seen you in court in a few days where the judge would have lowered your bond. That is how it usually goes.

You really are clueless aren't you?

You really think the judge is going to lower your bond until you can afford to be released?

i-pity-da-fool.jpg

Hint: A judge doesn't give a rats ass whether you can afford it or not. And bond reductions are very rare, especially for violent crimes.

No they are NOT rare. DUH.

How Judges Set Bail Nolo.com

[Sorry. That is the way it is and the way it is going to remain. The safety of society comes first. It is TOO risky to release potential violent criminals. We are TOO soft on crime as it is!

So you fail to address my question for the 3rd time. For some reason that doesn't surprise me. Deflection is an indication of a failure to compose an answer.

Soft on crime? We have more people in prison than any other nation, including China. We lock up everyone for everything. How the fuck can you call that soft?

The Prison Crisis American Civil Liberties Union

• THE NUMBERS:
  • With only 5% of the world’s population, the U.S. has 25% of the world’s prison population – that makes us the world’s largest jailer.
  • Since 1970, our prison population has risen 700%.
  • One in 99 adults are living behind bars in the U.S. This marks the highest rate of imprisonment in American history.
  • One in 31 adults are under some form of correctional control, counting prison, jail, parole and probation populations.
Our justice system must be EVIDENCE based, not FEAR based.

You're an idiot apparently. Does NOT matter. The safety of society comes FIRST before the individual's "comfort."

I was accused of attempted rape of my wife on OUR WEDDING NIGHT.
What actually happened was I didn't take no for an answer, I argued with her about it. I never got physical. I threatened to divorce her. I did divorce her.

I spent a week in jail and it would've been months longer had I not pulled out my credit card and paid the $3,000 Bail Bondsmen fee for the $30,000 bond.

The criminal system assumes your guilty before you go to court by punishing you and sending you to jail before you are found guilty of anything.
You married a woman who didn't want to have sex with with you? You picked a bad wife. Hard to have sympathy for stupid.

I was accused of attempted rape of my wife on OUR WEDDING NIGHT.
What actually happened was I didn't take no for an answer, I argued with her about it. I never got physical. I threatened to divorce her. I did divorce her.

I spent a week in jail and it would've been months longer had I not pulled out my credit card and paid the $3,000 Bail Bondsmen fee for the $30,000 bond.

The criminal system assumes your guilty before you go to court by punishing you and sending you to jail before you are found guilty of anything.
You married a woman who didn't want to have sex with with you? You picked a bad wife. Hard to have sympathy for stupid.
I wasn't asking for sympathy.

Aside from divine intervention, the U.S. system of justice is the best legal concept on the planet. Try getting an automatic judicial review or the Constitutional right of a prisoner petitioning the government in any other country. Keep whining and criticizing the greatest Country in the world while you consider that there are more potential lawyers in US law school today than ever walked the earth.
Prisons have been privatized. They need to keep a certain level of inmates to make a profit. In order to do that, the judicial system cuts corners on due process.

Ever since Bush politicized the Dept of Justice and forced legislation on us like the Patriot and Military Commissions Acts, we are no longer the land of the free.

You're such a fucking idiot you didn't even realize your link proved ME right.

Yea, employment is one consideration on bail amount. But not in the way you think.

If someone is UNEMPLOYED they get a higher bail than someone who is employed, because employed people are less of a flight risk. If they have ties to the community, lower bail because lower chance they are a flight risk. Family in the area, lower chance of a flight risk. Bail amounts aren't set solely on type of crime, they are set on flight risk. If they know you have ties to another country and a means of leaving, your bail will be astronomical. Not because they're worried about society's safety but you not showing up for your court date.

God you're an idiot. Every time you post something people think you're dumber and dumber.

From the same website, moron:

Bail Getting Out of Jail After an Arrest Nolo.com

In general, defendants who are released on O.R. have strong ties to the community, making them unlikely to flee. Factors that may convince a judge to grant an O.R. release include:

• having family members (most likely parents, a spouse, or children) living in the community
  • having resided in the community for many years
  • being employed
  • having little or no past criminal record, or only criminal problems that were minor and occurred many years earlier, and
  • having been charged with previous crimes and having always appeared as required.

You really think that being UNEMPLOYED will lower someone's bail when being employed is a factor in getting them released WITHOUT BAIL?

Like I said, you're an idiot. You know nothing about this.

Last edited:
Apparently nobody here ever reads the newspaper. MOST of the time when someone is apprehended for a violent crime the person has been in the system before. Numerous previous arrests is the norm.

Who in the world would look to the ACLU to get accurate information about incarceration? That group of deviants is responsible for the release of more known criminals than any other organization in the history of the world. They were the inventor of "loopholes." Normally, the statistics they publish on innocent people going to jail include among the category of "innocent" people whose convictions were later overturned due to procedural errors. That is, they DID IT, but the cops or the prosecutors made a mistake. Only in the twisted mind of an ACLU attorney is such a person "innocent."

Apparently nobody here ever reads the newspaper. MOST of the time when someone is apprehended for a violent crime the person has been in the system before. Numerous previous arrests is the norm.

Who in the world would look to the ACLU to get accurate information about incarceration? That group of deviants is responsible for the release of more known criminals than any other organization in the history of the world. They were the inventor of "loopholes." Normally, the statistics they publish on innocent people going to jail include among the category of "innocent" people whose convictions were later overturned due to procedural errors. That is, they DID IT, but the cops or the prosecutors made a mistake. Only in the twisted mind of an ACLU attorney is such a person "innocent."

I don't care if he's been arrested 100 times, his 101'st time is still innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Whether you like it or not. Thare are far more sources than the ACLU on the number of innocent people in jail. And there is really no way to determine the true number, as someone tried and convicted isn't "innocent" by definition, whether or not they really did the crime is unknown.

It's been proven that not even DNA proves guilt. It simply proves you were there. Period.

How many innocent people are there in prison The Innocence Project

In approximately 25% of cases where DNA testing was done by the FBI during the course of investigations, suspects were excluded by the testing.

Considering DNA testing is only done in a minute number of cases, to think that we have as many as 100,000 innocent people locked up right now is downright terrifying.

We will never know for sure, but the few studies that have been done estimate that between 2.3% and 5% of all prisoners in the U.S. are innocent (for context, if just 1% of all prisoners are innocent, that would mean that more than 20,000 innocent people are in prison).

Another source stating 10,000 people a year are convicted of crimes they did not commit.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/ronhuff.htm

Last edited:

You're such a fucking idiot you didn't even realize your link proved ME right.

Yea, employment is one consideration on bail amount. But not in the way you think.

If someone is UNEMPLOYED they get a higher bail than someone who is employed, because employed people are less of a flight risk. If they have ties to the community, lower bail because lower chance they are a flight risk. Family in the area, lower chance of a flight risk. Bail amounts aren't set solely on type of crime, they are set on flight risk. If they know you have ties to another country and a means of leaving, your bail will be astronomical. Not because they're worried about society's safety but you not showing up for your court date.

God you're an idiot. Every time you post something people think you're dumber and dumber.

From the same website, moron:

Bail Getting Out of Jail After an Arrest Nolo.com

In general, defendants who are released on O.R. have strong ties to the community, making them unlikely to flee. Factors that may convince a judge to grant an O.R. release include:

• having family members (most likely parents, a spouse, or children) living in the community
  • being employed
  • having little or no past criminal record, or only criminal problems that were minor and occurred many years earlier, and
  • having been charged with previous crimes and having always appeared as required.

You really think that being UNEMPLOYED will lower someone's bail when being employed is a factor in getting them released WITHOUT BAIL?

Like I said, you're an idiot. You know nothing about this.

This link explains to you how judges go about setting bail. I can't help it if you are too dumb to understand.

Face it, your idea is dumb. Oh yeah, let potentially dangerous people, murderers and pedophiles out because "it's not fair." You're crazy. End of thread. :D

LOL So you admit you're wrong. Yea, you are. Yea, judges set a higher bail if the person is unemployed.

Dunce.

Yes it does. Idiot. I quoted it, moron. Read.

• being employed
Being released on OR means own recognizance, meaning NO BAIL.

God you're an idiot.

I respect someone who thinks they are right, finds out they are wrong, and then admits they were. But I have no respect for someone who is proven wrong, and continues flopping like a dying fish on a dock desperately trying to find water.

Let it go. You're wrong.

The judge will FIRST look at the accused past criminal record. Then, they will look at the seriousness of the crime that said person is accused of. THOSE are the important mitigating factors here, not whether or not the person is employed, douchebag.

I never said judges RAISE bail because they're unemployed, they SET A HIGHER BAIL THAN IF THEY WERE EMPLOYED. Try to keep up. I forget how badly I have to dumb things down for you.

Why don't you do this. Call a criminal judge on your area, and talk to him or his secretary. Or call a defense attorney and ask them if being employed will get you a lower bail, or chance at a lower bail.

Tell me what they say. It's readily apparent you're too stupid to read. Maybe you'll understand if you hear it on the phone.

You're the moron that said that not having a job would be taken into consideration for the judge handing out a lower bail. Now when proven wrong, you move the goalposts into the next city and start ranting about past criminal history and seriousness of crime. That's not what we were discussing. I was proving you wrong based on what you said about being unemployed resulting in lower bail.

You're just too much of an idiot to know that I handed you your ass.

Yea I'm a criminal. I'm guilty of making you look like an idiot. I plea guilty. In the first degree.

The judge had no intention of lowering my bail because it was considered a "violent offense". They tried to force me to plea to a lower charge by holding myself for ransom by forcing me to stay in jail and risk loosing my job. Only because I pulled out the plastic was I able to save my job. Even though it cost more than I would've lost not working.

I never said judges RAISE bail because they're unemployed, they SET A HIGHER BAIL THAN IF THEY WERE EMPLOYED. Try to keep up. I forget how badly I have to dumb things down for you.

Why don't you do this. Call a criminal judge on your area, and talk to him or his secretary. Or call a defense attorney and ask them if being employed will get you a lower bail, or chance at a lower bail.

Tell me what they say. It's readily apparent you're too stupid to read. Maybe you'll understand if you hear it on the phone.

You're the moron that said that not having a job would be taken into consideration for the judge handing out a lower bail. Now when proven wrong, you move the goalposts into the next city and start ranting about past criminal history and seriousness of crime. That's not what we were discussing. I was proving you wrong based on what you said about being unemployed resulting in lower bail.

You're just too much of an idiot to know that I handed you your ass.

Yea I'm a criminal. I'm guilty of making you look like an idiot. I plea guilty. In the first degree.

That's bullshit. I'm sure you are a criminal too. Loser.

Oh wow, so you can't rebut anything so you resort to calling me a criminal? LOL

Yea, I'm a criminal. That's why I'm an airplane mechanic with a high security clearance. Yea, they always give those to murderers.

For the loser, look in the mirror.

Yes it does. Idiot. I quoted it, moron. Read.

• being employed
Being released on OR means own recognizance, meaning NO BAIL.

God you're an idiot.

I respect someone who thinks they are right, finds out they are wrong, and then admits they were. But I have no respect for someone who is proven wrong, and continues flopping like a dying fish on a dock desperately trying to find water.

Let it go. You're wrong.

I'm not wrong, you moron. You are trying to focus in on the "employed" aspect, when chances are, bail is going to be set LOWER for those who are unemployed. Not higher. I'm sorry that you are stupid. :D Sad for you, really.

Forum List

Back