Pulse of the Board: Abortion

What is your stance on abortion?

• Abortion should never be allowed unless the mother's life depends on it.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Abortion should be allowed only in the cases of rape, incest, or if the mother's health would be ser

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Abortion should be generally available through the first trimester of pregancy.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Abortion should be available upon demand at any time during a pregnancy.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Abortion should be illegal under any circumstance

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
This thread is not meant to start a huge flame war. It is only meant to get people's feelings on the abortion issue, for the general knowledge of the board. Please do not post in this thread unless you want to clarify your vote.

There are only two things regarding abortion about which I am reasonably certain. I do not believe that a fertilized egg is a human life and I do believe that partial birth abortion is murder. Somewhere in between the two, a fertized egg becomes a human life. At that point I believe abortion becomes wrong under any but the most extreme circumstance. I wish that I were wise enough to say where that point was, but I'm still trying to figure it out myself.

Jeff - your pole is invalid as it does not give the option of voting "Abortion should not be legal under any circumstances".

Pursuant to your request not to post unless you can back up your vote, I submit I would be happy to do both when there is a vote I can cast.

:(

I think the choice should be available for the first trimester, after that then its too bad, the person had plenty of time to choose.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Jeff - your pole is invalid as it does not give the option of voting "Abortion should not be legal under any circumstances".

Pursuant to your request not to post unless you can back up your vote, I submit I would be happy to do both when there is a vote I can cast.

:(

there, you now have your option.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
there, you now have your option.

Thanks!

This is purely opinion, however, no matter the circustance, nature should be allowed to take it's course. Sounds pretty harsh, but that is a product of my beliefs and values.

Thanks DK, for making it possible to participate.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Thanks!

This is purely opinion, however, no matter the circustance, nature should be allowed to take it's course. Sounds pretty harsh, but that is a product of my beliefs and values.

At the risk of hijacking - does that belief transcend to 'other' health-care-type issues?

Originally posted by -=d=-
At the risk of hijacking - does that belief transcend to 'other' health-care-type issues?

hmmmm, I would respond, however, looking at Jeff's post above mine, I would have to say this needs to go to another thread.

:p:

I generally believe it should be available during the first trimester. The only exceptions in my opinion would be if a life-threatening situation occured in a later trimester due to a pregnancy complication or if the baby some how died inside the woman (pretty rare, but has happened and the woman won't go into labor or miscarrage *spelling*).

I believe we should let the people of the country decide this debate of legalities !
I don't see how a few judges could decide the fate of millions of unborn...

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I generally believe it should be available during the first trimester. The only exceptions in my opinion would be if a life-threatening situation occured in a later trimester due to a pregnancy complication or if the baby some how died inside the woman (pretty rare, but has happened and the woman won't go into labor or miscarrage *spelling*).

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by Sandy73
I believe we should let the people of the country decide this debate of legalities !
I don't see how a few judges could decide the fate of millions of unborn...

I believe we should let the people of the country decide on their President.:rolleyes: :p:

<---wiseass

Here's my dillemma with abortion:

I don't think you can answer a moral question with a legal answer. In general, I am against abortion at any stage of the pregnancy. Yet in issues involving rape incest or mother's life, I have a problem with a women wanting or needing to abort and a doctor has to tell her "No it's against the law". That leads to the old "so called doctor" doing the procedure in a non medical setting and the women sneaking around to have it done. Wasn't that one of the main reasons it was legalized anyway?

Forum List

Back