Publicly funded elections

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
The barrier to entry is enormous in politics and something needs to be done to change that. Your success as a politician should not depend on how much money you have access to; it should depend on your message and how intelligently you can communicate it. We need to level the playing field so we have a better variety of good candidates.

Wait.

You want to run for office, and you want ME to pay for it?

I like you n00b. It's good when citizens "get it".
I agree.

Wait.

Be better to have to suck up to the tax payers over corporations, ey?
I would rather influence a politician over giving it to some terrorist country or pay a scientist to see if thy can train a lion to run on a treadmill..

Wait.

I would rather influence a politician over giving it to some terrorist country or pay a scientist to see if thy can train a lion to run on a treadmill..
Put down the beer and post when you are sober.

• Banned

Politicians are beholden to the big money that funds their campaigns. What is the point of the democratic process when somebody can just buy your politician?

The barrier to entry is enormous in politics and something needs to be done to change that. Your success as a politician should not depend on how much money you have access to; it should depend on your message and how intelligently you can communicate it. We need to level the playing field so we have a better variety of good candidates.
The next hurdle is keep the hacks from destroying your reputation and your family.

X allotted for each candidate from a government fund.

any and all donations to ANY candidate transferred to said fund.

Candidate uses all allotted campaign funds, drops out.

Don't look now......but "conservatives" are going to try to claim the lead role in supporting campaign finance reform! It's awesome to watch. Who will be the first to tell us that it's a Reagan-like idea?

Wait.

What was so unbelievable exactly?

Wait.

What was so unbelievable exactly?
Word salad.

Forum List

Back