Public sector unions

I cannot believe we are having this conversation again.........

One more time-

Reason TV

private sector unions and private companies negotiate over dividing private profits, it is an adversarial relationship. Public sector unions negotiate with politicians who want their votes over how to divide money that belongs to the taxpayer. It's party1 and party2 agreeing on how to divide money from party3. Ask Milton Freidman how that works out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je3UT7ol1JY&feature=player_embedded

Let me get this down to the lowest common denominator- when politicians and a public sector union sit down to 'bargain', the pol wants money and sppt. the union wants raises, more money in the pension fund pot and benes.

Who isn’t at the table? The payee, John Q. public, he has squat to say about it, its all between the politician and the union and the taxpayer is just the rube who pays the bills.
Indeed. The public Sector Unions/Politicians are doing nothing but Money Laundering...

Getting "physical"?

How?

On Monday, Milwaukee AM 620 WTMJ radio host Charlie Sykes detailed an encounter between Democratic State Rep. Gordon Hintz, who had previously been busted in a prostitution sting, and Republican State Rep. Michelle Litjens, in which the rules of civility were completely ignored after a vote to “engross” a state budget repair bill.

“After the vote to engross, he turns to a female conservative Republican, who is also from the Oshkosh area, looks at her and says, ‘You are f—ing dead,’” Sykes said. “He didn’t say ‘f—ing,’ he said the whole thing. He says to a female colleague, ‘You are f—ing dead.’”

Read more: State Rep. Gordon Hintz State Rep. Michelle Litjens 'you are fucking dead' | Prostitute-patronizing Dem Wisconsin State Represent to female GOP colleague: 'You are fucking dead' | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

What's "physical" about that?

Not saying it's ok, but seriously? This tit-for-tat bullshit is fucking retarded.

There are no "riots" going on. There has been no violence. There have been nothing but peaceful protesters.

humm, does an attack on a camera man count?

to what are you referring as in "tit for tat":eusa_eh:

As usual,they forget who they work for. They think they're the Bosses. Well i got news for them,Public Unions work for the Taxpayers. It's not the other way around. They don't just work for the Democratic Party. These Unions have raped the Taxpayers for so many years. The more people become informed,the more they despise Public Sector Unions. Unions just don't belong in Government. Period,end of story.

So who does the governor & his colleagues work for? And do elaborate on the Union raping taxpayers for years? Apparently you are the only one who thinks so.

As usual,they forget who they work for. They think they're the Bosses. Well i got news for them,Public Unions work for the Taxpayers. It's not the other way around. They don't just work for the Democratic Party. These Unions have raped the Taxpayers for so many years. The more people become informed,the more they despise Public Sector Unions. Unions just don't belong in Government. Period,end of story.

So who does the governor & his colleagues work for? And do elaborate on the Union raping taxpayers for years? Apparently you are the only one who thinks so.

They work for the people whom elected them to get a handle on this...The Democrats are whining about the sour grapes they were handed by the voters. (And consequently so are YOU)...

*NEXT*

On Monday, Milwaukee AM 620 WTMJ radio host Charlie Sykes detailed an encounter between Democratic State Rep. Gordon Hintz, who had previously been busted in a prostitution sting, and Republican State Rep. Michelle Litjens, in which the rules of civility were completely ignored after a vote to “engross” a state budget repair bill.

“After the vote to engross, he turns to a female conservative Republican, who is also from the Oshkosh area, looks at her and says, ‘You are f—ing dead,’” Sykes said. “He didn’t say ‘f—ing,’ he said the whole thing. He says to a female colleague, ‘You are f—ing dead.’”

Read more: State Rep. Gordon Hintz State Rep. Michelle Litjens 'you are fucking dead' | Prostitute-patronizing Dem Wisconsin State Represent to female GOP colleague: 'You are fucking dead' | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Not saying it's ok, but seriously? This tit-for-tat bullshit is fucking retarded.

There are no "riots" going on. There has been no violence. There have been nothing but peaceful protesters.

I am referring to the new trend for Conservatives to start 5-10 threads a day about how "violent" and "hate speech" filled Liberals are, in response to Liberals who did the same thing about Giffords.

Why is hypocrisy ok, as long as you claim you're just "pointing out" other people's hypocrisy?

That would prolly be about right, just titty & tatty. Any story has two sides.

I was reading where a retarded Wis-Legistature was going to require Dems appear to get their pay checks, instead of having them direct deposited.

I was thinking a Senators legal wife, or anyone else he appoints to be his legal counsel can pick that check up and deliver it to him out of state.

I am referring to the new trend for Conservatives to start 5-10 threads a day about how "violent" and "hate speech" filled Liberals are, in response to Liberals who did the same thing about Giffords.

hey bro, tell you what, when the msm starts noting it, maybe we'd see less of it...;)

Why is hypocrisy ok, as long as you claim you're just "pointing out" other people's hypocrisy?

not at all, I was asking a question, I wasn't sure where you were coming from, bang on.

States and Municipalities that operate on a year to Year Budget have no business signing long term Contracts that obligate them to costs they have no way of knowing if they will be able to cover or not.

Why do you think so many states are running such large Deficits? At least partly because they signed Deals with Public Unions based on projected future Tax Ravenous which in Reality are not rising as fast as they hoped.

Yes most people are just too dumbed-down to understand the difference between Private Sector Unions and Public Sector Unions. Unions have no place in Government. They only serve themselves and the Democratic Party. They always screw the Taxpayers over. Public Unions spend $Billions on lobbying Politicians to raise Taxes. I cannot support them. It's time to abolish Unions in Government.

They're Still smarting that their ICON...FDR said as much as did George Meany warning against Public Sector unions...They are in denial.

States and Municipalities that operate on a year to Year Budget have no business signing long term Contracts that obligate them to costs they have no way of knowing if they will be able to cover or not.

Why do you think so many states are running such large Deficits? At least partly because they signed Deals with Public Unions based on projected future Tax Ravenous which in Reality are not rising as fast as they hoped.

agreed. well said.

hey they can always raise taxes...right?;)

Public Unions have spent $Billions on lobbying Governments to raise taxes over many years. This Public Teacher Union in Wisconsin is holding the Taxpayers up. How many Schools have they shut down? They've done this for years. They've been given too much power. Unions just don't belong in Government. They don't serve the Taxpayers. They only serve themselves and Democrats. They've outlived any use they may have had in the past. The People don't want them. Time to abolish them.

Last edited:

Truth.

agreed. well said.

hey they can always raise taxes...right?;)

That's what they want. But the Taxpayers/Voters voted in Republicans in to get a handle on this...The Taxpeyers cannot afford this any longer.

hey bro, tell you what, when the msm starts noting it, maybe we'd see less of it...;)

not at all, I was asking a question, I wasn't sure where you were coming from, bang on.

That last wasn't directed at you, it was directed to the collective unconscious of the board. I wasn't accusing you of hypocrisy.

I'm just sick of the constant "gotcha" attempt to pin the "hypocrite" label on people. Are all Liberals hypocrites because some blasted Palin over Giffords, and then an entirely different group of people said some fucked up things?

Here's a newsflash. I'm a die hard Liberal, and I defended Palin and the Tea Party when some on the left were blaming them for Giffords. I have no problem with what both sides are accusing the other of.

And, me and all the other liberals on this board have NO say as to what is covered by the mainstream media. Just so you know.

Who stands up for the Taxpayers? That's why i support the Tea Partiers. The Public Unions only shill for themselves and the Democrats. They could give a rat's ass about Taxpayers. Very few stand up for us. So Kudos to Scott Walker and all who stand up for the Taxpayers. God Bless em.

That last wasn't directed at you, it was directed to the collective unconscious of the board. I wasn't accusing you of hypocrisy.

I'm just sick of the constant "gotcha" attempt to pin the "hypocrite" label on people. Are all Liberals hypocrites because some blasted Palin over Giffords, and then an entirely different group of people said some fucked up things?

Here's a newsflash. I'm a die hard Liberal, and I defended Palin and the Tea Party when some on the left were blaming them for Giffords. I have no problem with what both sides are accusing the other of.

And, me and all the other liberals on this board have NO say as to what is covered by the mainstream media. Just so you know.

I understand, my shot back ala the msm was rhetorical in nature. ;)

Who stands up for the Taxpayers? That's why i support the Tea Partiers. The Public Unions only shill for themselves and the Democrats. They could give a rat's ass about Taxpayers. Very few stand up for us. So Kudos to Scott Walker and all who stand up for the Taxpayers. God Bless em.

Yep. It's a lawful Money Laundering scheme that needs to be stopped.

Yep. It's a lawful Money Laundering scheme that needs to be stopped.

Walker blew the state budget, and is trying to blame someone else. Seemed everything was working before he arrived and fucked it up. Typical Retard. Wisconsin is only being taxed 7.9%, far from the highest rates in the nation. No wonder, you have a governor who is lost about how to run the state. LMAO!

http://taxfoundation.org/publications/show/26974.html#_ftn5

Last edited:

Public Unions have spent $Billions on lobbying Governments to raise taxes over many years. This Public Teacher Union in Wisconsin is holding the Taxpayers up. How many Schools have they shut down? They've done this for years. They've been given too much power. Unions just don't belong in Government. They don't serve the Taxpayers. They only serve themselves and Democrats. They've outlived any use they may have had in the past. The People don't want them. Time to abolish them.

Unless you are self-employed just about every benefit you enjoy from your job was gained for you by unions.

Do you work a 40 hour week? Thank the unions.

Did you ever collect minimum wage? Thank the unions.

Unemployment? Thank the unions.

Overtime? Thank the unions.

Prevailing wage? Thank the unions.

Workers Comp? Thank the unions.

Employee Retirement Income Security Act? (Look it up) Thank the unions.

Employee Polygraph Protection Act? Thank the unions.

The Family and Medical Leave Act? Thank the unions.

Veterans' Preference? Thank the unions.

OSHA? Thank the unions.

You were particularly crying about public teachers. (I''ll bet it was a public teacher that taught you to spell the very words that you used to rake them over the coals.) Many people with only a high school diploma make more than my wife who has a Master's Degree. So I think you should take a flying leap if you think teachers are overpaid while teaching your stupid kids.

I LOVE THE TEA PARTIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will most likely run their own POTUS candidate and split the vote which will give Obama a shoe in for re-election.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/27/AR2011022701970.html

Forum List

Back