Public schools teaching kids that Mohamad is god messenger

Really? Find any thread on the Founders and their faith and you will find countless atheists denying that Christianity and Judeo Christian values had absolutely no influence on the Founders and what they were trying to do when they established the nation.

Denying the influence is NOT the same as COMPLAINING about religion being mentioned in a history book.

Didnt mention a history book. I mentioned denying religious influence in the context of American history, which is what we were talking.

The discussion and comments made were in regards to the treatment of religion in history textbooks - if you want to talk about the influence of religion in American history and to what degree - that really is another discussion. Just sayin'...

What a travesty Fox News has become.

There was a time that I actually naively thought that sensationalized news was the worst thing that could happen to the fine tradition that American journalism generally offered the public. But we've entered an era of disinformation where either money, or an agenda, or ratings, or perhaps all three have caused anyone and everyone to think that the 1st Amendment is a license to lie to the American public on any and every subject under the sun.

At one point in time, prevaricators like these would have been relegated to basements with cheap printers to make flyers or they would be on street corners with bull horns annoying shoppers and noon day lunch goers. Today, they're on TV with multimillion dollar contracts spouting one nonsensical lie after another with the blessing of their employer.

Like I said, it's a travesty.

Depends on how it is presented. If it's a discussion of world religions and what each believes (e.g. introducing kids to comparative religions), then it's no different then telling kids about Greek or Norse mythology. If it's an endorsement (e.g. hey kids, there is only one God and Muhammed is His messenger) then it's a no go.

I agree with your statement .... and I really want to believe that it is not an endorsement for Islamic religion because the truth is that Islam along with Sharia is beginning to invade all aspects of life all over this planet,it has crept in like a slow moving fog, and it is being shoved down our throats slowly but surely.

Sincerely hoping is not an endorsement for Islam :)

Depends on how it is presented. If it's a discussion of world religions and what each believes (e.g. introducing kids to comparative religions), then it's no different then telling kids about Greek or Norse mythology. If it's an endorsement (e.g. hey kids, there is only one God and Muhammed is His messenger) then it's a no go.

As long as all the kids are informed that Islam is at war with the this nation's government and any religion but Islam.

And that Muslims are, generally speaking, worse bigots than the KKK.

No, not against BLACKS, but against Jews.

If they are informed of those facts there is no reason why our kids shouldn't be told about Muhammad.

As long as all the kids are informed that Islam is at war with the this nation's government and any religion but Islam.

If they are informed of those facts there is no reason why our kids shouldn't be told about Muhammad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKacGTJ6-W4]George W. Bush - "WE ARE NOT AT WAR AGAINST ISLAM / MUSLIMS" - YouTube[/ame]

It's a book about world history. Not current events. Notice chapters on things such as the Reformation, which inevitably have to touch upon the power of christian churches. JFC.

I have some real estate along the Jersey Shore if anyone's interested.

I agree with your statement .... and I really want to believe that it is not an endorsement for Islamic religion because the truth is that Islam along with Sharia is beginning to invade all aspects of life all over this planet,it has crept in like a slow moving fog, and it is being shoved down our throats slowly but surely.

GREAT post, skye!

:clap2:

Denying the influence is NOT the same as COMPLAINING about religion being mentioned in a history book.

Didnt mention a history book. I mentioned denying religious influence in the context of American history, which is what we were talking.

The discussion and comments made were in regards to the treatment of religion in history textbooks - if you want to talk about the influence of religion in American history and to what degree - that really is another discussion. Just sayin'...

except religion played a MAJOR role in the history all over the world and continues to be as important as it always was and always will be.

those textbooks remind me the soviet-era censorship in the history books behind the iron curtain.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKacGTJ6-W4]George W. Bush - "WE ARE NOT AT WAR AGAINST ISLAM / MUSLIMS" - YouTube[/ame]

Blind Boo, our dear President George W. said that WE are not at war with Islam.

NOT that Islam is not at war with US, as it certainly is and has been since before the "discovery" of America.

It has been since 2001 and you STILL don't understand the nature of Islam.

But don't feel bad. You aren't alone.

There are certainly moderate Muslims.

But Islam is not moderate.

except religion played a MAJOR role in the history all over the world and continues to be as important as it always was and always will be.

those textbooks remind me the soviet-era censorship in the history books behind the iron curtain.

I agree. The ToC indicates way too much emphasis on Western History to the detriment of Aisa and Africa.

WTF. How much uproar on the left about separating church and state when it comes to Christianity but they are going to teach this to our children. American children being indoctrinated with biased and false positive information about Islam - YouTube

lol

They teach what's in Islam, they don't indoctrinate children into Islam.

They do the same with Judaism (although, having been a Jew at one point, it's extremely simplified, so I'm assuming it's the same for the rest), Roman Catholicism, Greek/Russian/Armenian Orthodox Christianity, Protestantism, Hinduism, Jainism, Shinto, Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism.

I could go on if you'd like.

I agree with Vox. Religion has played a huge role in world history, and to try to learn and understand world history without knowing about its religions is quite frankly ludicrous.

Blind Boo, our dear President George W. said that WE are not at war with Islam.

NOT that Islam is not at war with US, as it certainly is and has been since before the "discovery" of America.

It has been since 2001 and you STILL don't understand the nature of Islam.

But don't feel bad. You aren't alone.

There are certainly moderate Muslims.

But Islam is not moderate.

He also states that those who attacked us and declared a holy war on us are not followers of Islam.

But you are certainly not alone in your blind hatred of all thing Muslim.

Do you believe any conspiracy Fox News pours into your ear?

What does the Qur'an say about the Jewish and Christian Scriptures

The Bible is taught to be a source of guidance for Jews and Christians who wish to know the will of God, and so the Qur'an encourages Jews and Christians to obey their scripture and never asks them to deny it. The Qur'an says the Bible foretells the coming of Muhammad and it never says that faithful Jews or Christians have corrupted their scripture.

The Qur'an never asks a Christian or Jew to accept it because their own scripture has become corrupt, rather they are asked to accept the Qur'an because the Qur'an claims, 1/ to confirm the teaching of the Bible, 2/ that Muhammad is foretold in the Torah and Gospel, 3/ the Qur'anic teaching makes clear what the Jews and Christians could not understand properly from their own scriptures. If the Qur'an is to be taken seriously then the claims it makes must be examined. If its claims are true then that is good evidence for accepting it as the Word of God. If its claims are false then it fails its own test and should be rejected.

tl;dr The most actual Muslims (i.e. not radical Islamists) would do is ask Jews and Christians to convert.

That's exactly the point I made regarding textbooks - you can't study history without also understanding religion and the role it played.

faux_news_sq.gif

In other words, NOTHING TO SEE HERE…

MOVE ALONG, FOLKS… MOVE ALONG.

Forum List

Back