Proud day for America: Homeless only exist if you can see them.

I believe there is some confusion in this thread. There are those homeless due to mental illness, or physical problems and those that are mentally ill and self medicate, whether thru drugs or alcohol, and those just down on their luck, and nowhere else to go until they get back on their feet-and shelters routinely give the wife and children a place to stay, but not the father- and those that are just bums and last those that are war vets that have never dealt with the issues of war.

Blanket statements cannot possibly cover all these different groups of people and they are unhelpful in dealing with the different sets of problems. There is no one solution that fits all.

It's no secret that Conservatives loathe the disadvantaged. Today they don't want them fed. Yesterday they did not want them to have medical care. The day before that, they did not want them to be housed.

The 90 year old man in Florida is a saint.

Previously we saw someone show up with seven loaves of bread and seven fish. Conservatives would have hounded Him off the mount for ministering to those in greatest need.

No one is standing in the way of anyone who wants to provide these bums with food, clothing and medical care. Have at it.

Yea, nobody is standing in the way, but they are wholly impeding it. Feeding the homeless with those rules requires the money and skills of a top-rate business or church. Only a very small percentage of Americans has access like that.

What is the reason for the law of not feeding the homeless? I mean the guy is doing something nice for people and they outlaw it? What could possibly be their reasoning? They are already in dire straits having no home. It makes zero sense. So you feed a person heaven forbid. What a bunch of idiots down there. Don't they have bigger fish to fry than some guy feeding the homeless? How is that a problem? How do they justify such a statute?
Because it impacts other citizens who have just as many rights to a nice existence in their town. Homeless people come with their own set of issues, and concentrating them into one area leads to the obvious issues that come with it. How would you feel if hundreds of homeless people were attracted to an area next to your house on a schedule?

No solution is perfect. In order to solve America's greatest problems, we all have to sacrifice somewhere or sometimes. Not only do people greatly benefit, but it makes our nation stronger.

And you suggest that since we can't, we should just set aside our city parks to allow anyone who wants to pour slop out, to do so?

Gads you people live in a bubble.

What is the reason for the law of not feeding the homeless? I mean the guy is doing something nice for people and they outlaw it? What could possibly be their reasoning? They are already in dire straits having no home. It makes zero sense. So you feed a person heaven forbid. What a bunch of idiots down there. Don't they have bigger fish to fry than some guy feeding the homeless? How is that a problem? How do they justify such a statute?
Because it impacts other citizens who have just as many rights to a nice existence in their town. Homeless people come with their own set of issues, and concentrating them into one area leads to the obvious issues that come with it. How would you feel if hundreds of homeless people were attracted to an area next to your house on a schedule?

No solution is perfect. In order to solve America's greatest problems, we all have to sacrifice somewhere or sometimes.

Except you aren't sacrificing. You're demanding that OTHERS sacrifice.

And you suggest that since we can't, we should just set aside our city parks to allow anyone who wants to pour slop out, to do so?

Yes you are right, but if parks are so precious, and I believe they are, why not build lots more parks? There is always room, and the expense is not that much to build one.

No solution is perfect. In order to solve America's greatest problems, we all have to sacrifice somewhere or sometimes.

Except you aren't sacrificing. You're demanding that OTHERS sacrifice.

You did not read it correctly. One person sacrifices because it is a park near them, and the rest of Americans will have to sacrifice sooner or later on other gigantic problems facing society.

Yes you are right, but if parks are so precious, and I believe they are, why not build lots more parks? There is always room, and the expense is not that much to build one.

Then you should build a couple, and invite the homeless to come crap on YOUR land.

We should use our common sense and humanity. Help feed them, but also help make sure they can work. I would not only see to it that the homeless are fed, but have them rounded up and have them work. Whether it be to clean up the city or any other thing that helps, have them go out and do so. I would like to see them sheltered, too, and find better ways to care for them.

Have the police round them up each day. :lmao:

Then you should build a couple, and invite the homeless to come crap on YOUR land.

There would be a zoning problem with that.

Our country is going down the tubes because progressive lunatics think they have the right and an obligation to force OTHER people to do the things they refuse to do themselves.

There's a zoning problem with feeding them in city parks.

That is the topic of the thread, right?

Indeed it is.

So I suppose the solution is to join with like minded do-gooders and purchase or lease facilities that can safely and legally accomodate a population of diseased and criminal homeless people...away from public parks that are funded to afford families a place for their children to play t-ball, and participate in summer programs.

You did not read it correctly. One person sacrifices because it is a park near them, and the rest of Americans will have to sacrifice sooner or later on other gigantic problems facing society.
Only if the problem is encouraged by enabling a deadbeat lifestye. I've yet to see a liberal address that, instead they go off on an emotional explosion.

If they are too screwed up to function in society, why let them loose on society? It makes no sense. If you put a safety net under everybody the bodies will pile up in it, it's human nature. Unfortunately.

Only if the problem is encouraged by enabling a deadbeat lifestye. I've yet to see a liberal address that, instead they go off on an emotional explosion.

If they are too screwed up to function in society, why let them loose on society? It makes no sense. If you put a safety net under everybody the bodies will pile up in it, it's human nature. Unfortunately.

No one fails in life while knowing very well failure means the street. If they did, they had ALREADY failed miserably when the street became desirable to them.

Forum List

Back