Protests in Syria

JERUSALEM, Sept. 30 (UPI) -- An Israeli military assessment of Hezbollah's defense capabilities suggests the Shiite militant group may be the better force, Hezbollah noted.

Hezbollah on its al-Manar news station highlights an Israeli military report that states the militant group had better intelligence than Israel during the 34-day conflict in 2006.

"Hezbollah had better intelligence information than Israel and better control of its forces during the Second Lebanon War," the report said.

The report, written by Israeli Lt. Col. Robi Sandman in the latest issue of Ma'arahot, a monthly journal on military issues, asked Israeli officials to rank Israeli and Hezbollah military capabilities on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest score.

Hezbollah outscored the Israeli military on a range of assessments, including intelligence, training and tactical command.

The officers briefed for the report said Hezbollah had greater motivation to win a military engagement than did Israel, giving the Shiite group a score of 8 compared with Israel's score of 4, al-Manar boasted.

If another conflict should break out between Hezbollah and Israel, Sandman noted Israel may be unprepared for engagement.

"We need to recognize that the Israeli army with its current structure cannot provide a response to the unbelievably well-equipped force that is rising up to destroy the state of Israel," he wrote.

Hezbollah beats Israel in military scores - UPI.com

Take a look at my username.

That should answer your question. :cool:

It sounds like the people in Bahrain and Syria have similar problems, the people in Bahrain are Shite but they are still Muslims, I thought you would have more empathy for them.

The only time I cheer for the Shia is when they are kicking Israeli posterior like they did in Lebanon. :cool:

lebanon.war.halat.bridge.546598771.jpg

Lebanon Before Kicking Israel's Posterior:

beirut.before.and.after.july12.2006.jpg

Lebanon After Kicking Israel's Posterior:

beirut.before.and.after.july31.2006.with.labels.jpg

lebanon.war.map.of.israeli.airstrikes.july-aug.2006.jpg

Now this is posted by Lebanon.

A win?

Israel After Lebanese Crushing defeat of Israel:

israel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
JERUSALEM, Sept. 30 (UPI) -- An Israeli military assessment of Hezbollah's defense capabilities suggests the Shiite militant group may be the better force, Hezbollah noted.

Hezbollah on its al-Manar news station highlights an Israeli military report that states the militant group had better intelligence than Israel during the 34-day conflict in 2006.

"Hezbollah had better intelligence information than Israel and better control of its forces during the Second Lebanon War," the report said.

The report, written by Israeli Lt. Col. Robi Sandman in the latest issue of Ma'arahot, a monthly journal on military issues, asked Israeli officials to rank Israeli and Hezbollah military capabilities on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest score.

Hezbollah outscored the Israeli military on a range of assessments, including intelligence, training and tactical command.

The officers briefed for the report said Hezbollah had greater motivation to win a military engagement than did Israel, giving the Shiite group a score of 8 compared with Israel's score of 4, al-Manar boasted.

If another conflict should break out between Hezbollah and Israel, Sandman noted Israel may be unprepared for engagement.

"We need to recognize that the Israeli army with its current structure cannot provide a response to the unbelievably well-equipped force that is rising up to destroy the state of Israel," he wrote.

Nasrallah himself said that if he knew Israel was going to respond with such overwhelming force, he wouldn't have taken the 2 Israeli soldiers hostage. That doesn't sound like someone who kicked anyone ass.:cool:

Nasrallah himself said that if he knew Israel was going to respond with such overwhelming force, he wouldn't have taken the 2 Israeli soldiers hostage. That doesn't sound like someone who kicked anyone ass.:cool:

beirut.before.and.after.2006.war.jpg

Sunni Man has never been there, cares not for the deaths of Muslims and only cares about pretending that this was a win for Muslims.

That's why they never win. They call a loss a win and accept it as a win.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Special Ed class is open down the street Sunni Man. I wonder if you are the best and brightest of your bunch?

Israel can't defeat Hezbollah: Israeli expert

(Reuters) - Israel cannot defeat Hezbollah in a direct engagement and the Lebanese guerrilla group would inflict heavy damage on the Israeli home front if war broke out, a former Israeli national security adviser said Thursday.

Though outnumbered and outgunned, Hezbollah held off Israel's advanced armed forces in a 2006 war and fired more than 4,000 rockets into Israeli territory. The group has a domestic political base and has since bolstered an arsenal that Israel describes as a strategic threat.

Tensions between Israel and Hezbollah's Iranian and Syrian backers have stoked expectations of renewed violence in Lebanon.

"Israel does not know how to beat Hezbollah," said Giora Eiland, an army ex-general who served as national security adviser to former prime ministers Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert.

"Therefore a war waged only as Israel-versus-Hezbollah might yield better damage on Hezbollah, but Hezbollah would inflict far worse damage on the Israeli homefront than it did 4-1/2 years ago," he told Israel Radio.

Israel can't defeat Hezbollah: Israeli expert | Reuters

And he grasps at straws. Sunni? How else can they create the demand for greater responses?

Know?

And those greater responses? Look to 2015.

Israel can't defeat Hezbollah: Israeli expert

(Reuters) - Israel cannot defeat Hezbollah in a direct engagement and the Lebanese guerrilla group would inflict heavy damage on the Israeli home front if war broke out, a former Israeli national security adviser said Thursday.
Though outnumbered and outgunned, Hezbollah held off Israel's advanced armed forces in a 2006 war and fired more than 4,000 rockets into Israeli territory. The group has a domestic political base and has since bolstered an arsenal that Israel describes as a strategic threat.

Tensions between Israel and Hezbollah's Iranian and Syrian backers have stoked expectations of renewed violence in Lebanon.

"Israel does not know how to beat Hezbollah," said Giora Eiland, an army ex-general who served as national security adviser to former prime ministers Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert.

"Therefore a war waged only as Israel-versus-Hezbollah might yield better damage on Hezbollah, but Hezbollah would inflict far worse damage on the Israeli homefront than it did 4-1/2 years ago," he told Israel Radio.

Israel can't defeat Hezbollah: Israeli expert | Reuters

I don't get the first sentence, how do you have a direct engagement with Hezbollah? last time I checked they are a guerrilla force right? they don't fight head to head conventional battles, this is similar to the insurgencies in Iraq and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Sunni Man has never been there, cares not for the deaths of Muslims and only cares about pretending that this was a win for Muslims.

That's why they never win. They call a loss a win and accept it as a win.

Bears repeating as it is systemic to the culture.

I have seen the ramp up HG. America has the ability to disguise much of their military tamping up but Israel is tiny, and I often visit. I follow the long term military strategies and penciled in as well as the more indelible choices if not timelines of the west.

The choices have been made and unless interim issues (which can always appear, and especially in the middle east) change the timeline then all is seeming to be moving in that direction.

Islam is losing in Africa at the moment as well. It most certainly is not increasing. Look at Sudan. The split was not to the Norths liking. All the oil is in the South and the South Sudan Christians who control 85% of thaty oil rich portion of the country. Not Islam.

No, the changes are being seen all over the world. It does not look good for the flow. It looks more like an ebb response to the attack on the flow.

It's what I see at any rate.

I have seen the ramp up HG. America has the ability to disguise much of their military tamping up but Israel is tiny, and I often visit. I follow the long term military strategies and penciled in as well as the more indelible choices if not timelines of the west.

The choices have been made and unless interim issues (which can always appear, and especially in the middle east) change the timeline then all is seeming to be moving in that direction.

Islam is losing in Africa at the moment as well. It most certainly is not increasing. Look at Sudan. The split was not to the Norths liking. All the oil is in the South and the South Sudan Christians who control 85% of thaty oil rich portion of the country. Not Islam.

No, the changes are being seen all over the world. It does not look good for the flow. It looks more like an ebb response to the attack on the flow.

The split in Sudan surprised the hell out of me, I never in my life thought the North would let them succede, let alone have all that oil.

The Muslims can lose a hundred times in a row and come back to fight the 101st time.

But Israel only has to lose once and it's all over. :cool:

That kind of stupidity can be countered with more stupidity.

Intermediate low level tactical nuclear devices shot by tank, jet and submarine can deal with indiscriminate sweeping death.

The neutron flux (Neutron flux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) can induce significant amounts of short-lived secondary radioactivity in the environment in the high flux region near the burst point. The alloys used in steel armor can develop radioactivity (Radioactive decay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) that is dangerous for 24-48 hours. If a tank exposed to a 1 kt neutron bomb at 690 m (the effective range for immediate crew incapacitation) is immediately occupied by a new crew, they will receive a lethal dose of radiation within 24 hours.

Bunker busting fuel --> air explosive devices suck all the air out of tunnels and even mountain emplacements which are also extremely vulnerable to the Bunker Buster II which I think will be quite effective with the new fatbody guided missile. Guided by the BBII. An all in one device which once launched will guide it's incoming missile behind and envelop it in the protection of the thrust.

At any rate, the above is stupid ranting to show you that I can rant stupidity as well as you can. Normally I stay out of that stupid stuff. It accomplishes nothing.

The split in Sudan surprised the hell out of me, I never in my life thought the North would let them succede, let alone have all that oil.

The world dynamic has moved rather quickly in the last five years HG. No one suspected the behind the scenes American machinations in response because as they usually do, they hide the buildup.

It's happening again.

America is not Blitzkrieg. America is buildup and explode. They learned this from WWII.

The world dynamic has moved rather quickly in the last five years HG. No one suspected the behind the scenes American machinations in response because as they usually do, they hide the buildup.

It's happening again.

I am happy for the brothers in South Sudan and I hope that in 10 years, they can have a stable country free of war.:clap2:

The Muslim and Christian Sudanese got along quite well for many generations.

But when oil was discovered in the christian south.

Various Western interests supplied the southern people with weapons and convinced them to break away and form a new country.

It was the christians in the south who starting attacking the legitimate government of Sudan.

And brought on the civil war

Naturally, the U.S. and Europe backed the Sudanese southern Christian terrorists.

In exchange for the oil and natural gas drilling contract from the new Southern Sudan government.. :evil:

HG said:
I am happy for the brothers in South Sudan and I hope that in 10 years, they can have a stable country free of war.

Oh, they will. Indeed they will. Look to the South of Sudan to become a jewel of the area.

@Sunni Man.

Deal

HG said:
I am happy for the brothers in South Sudan and I hope that in 10 years, they can have a stable country free of war.

Oh, they will. Indeed they will. Look to the South of Sudan to become a jewel of the area.

@Sunni Man.

Deal

People are going to doubt them, looking at their neighbors in the region people will expect them to be a failure like Somalia, Eritrea, etc. but they have the oil so if they are smart, things will go well. I hope so anyways.:razz:

But when oil was discovered in the christian south

G-d must have put it there for them then. Just as He must have for the Arabs. What they are doing with it has been of a rather limited value it seems.

[People are going to doubt them, looking at their neighbors in the region people will expect them to be a failure like Somalia, Eritrea, etc. but they have the oil so if they are smart, things will go well. I hope so anyways.:razz:

I think there will be a fine military jumping point in the South Sudan. America will help and support them as will Israel and other countries.

Arabian support?

Who cares?

But when oil was discovered in the christian south

G-d must have put it there for them then. Just as He must have for the Arabs. What they are doing with it has been of a rather limited value it seems.

[People are going to doubt them, looking at their neighbors in the region people will expect them to be a failure like Somalia, Eritrea, etc. but they have the oil so if they are smart, things will go well. I hope so anyways.:razz:

I think there will be a fine military jumping point in the South Sudan. America will help and support them as will Israel and other countries.

Arabian support?

Who cares?

I saw some pics of South Sudan, it is very raw with very little infrastrucure, their Military are mainly militiamen who have been fighting the North for decades. They will need to start from the ground up, invest in education, job training, quality of life, etc. since they have oil, the foreign investment will be there. People won't ignore them like Somalia and the Ivory Coast because of that.

I saw some pics of South Sudan, it is very raw with very little infrastrucure, their Military are mainly militiamen who have been fighting the North for decades. They will need to start from the ground up, invest in education, job training, quality of life, etc. since they have oil, the foreign investment will be there. People won't ignore them like Somalia and the Ivory Coast because of that.

And also they want South Sudan to do well. They wanted all of Sudan to do well, but clearly Bashy old boy was having none of that with his imposition of Sharia Law and the Arabic language.

This will be so much better than the years of civil wars. The South will have its protection from the horde and the West will add it as another bastion against the horde. Thus will it be supported.

So, it is in interesting times that we watch HG. I also enjoy wondering about this "democracy" movement in the ME. It's quickly becoming clearer though.

Forum List

Back