Protests against AZ's immigration law turn violent.

One officer hit with one water bottle? And that becomes a thread suggesting those opposed to Arizona's recent action has turned violent.
One more example of the hysteria and hyperbole from the RW fringe.

Not all of us are doing that wry catcher. I'm against ILLEGAL immigration and i'm against rewarding those who broke our immigration laws with amnesty/citizenship. However, like I said to luissa, "Personally I dont think the bad behavior of a few in the protest should diminish the rest of the group. Just because a couple of idiots threw water bottles at people doesn't mean they define the entire protest"

Wry Catcher be forewarned, now that I know this is how you think I better not see you generalizing the tea parties based on a few nutjobs ;).

Didn't we have a whole rash of threads a few weeks (days) ago about Nancy Pelosi et al standing before microphones denouncing swaztikas spotted at Tea Party rallies?

Didn't we see clip after clip after clip of leftwing types in Congress, the media, and elsewhere expressing alarm at the Tea Party rallies and anybody, such as talk radio, who supported the concept? Were these people not borderline seditious? A danger? Were they not going to spur violence and drag nuts like Timothy McVeigh out of the wood work?

Am I dreaming that all that took place?

Where are the headlines of these Arizona demonstrations? Where is the front page photos of the refried beans in the shape of swaztikas smeared on the Arizona capitol windows? Where is the outrage at police officers being hit with rocks and bottles?

Where are the clips of Pelosi denouncing such behavior as seditious and "they are using swaztikas for God's sake?"

I haven't seen any of that.

Have you?

Where are the clips of Republican congressmen saying the same? Nice attempt at a double-standard though.

And how are all Mexicans now considered "Liberals"?

I haven't heard any Republicans 'saying the same'. If you have clips, let's see them.

And where in my comments (or anybody else's) is an opinion that are Mexicans are now consider 'liberals'?

Suggestion: Look up the definition of non sequitur.

Where are the clips of Republican congressmen saying the same? Nice attempt at a double-standard though.

I haven't heard any Republicans 'saying the same'. If you have clips, let's see them.

And where in my comments (or anybody else's) is an opinion that are Mexicans are now consider 'liberals'?

3rd post in this thread:

It sucks to be a left wing loon...they always end up on the wrong side of everything. I think that's why they are so violent, always pissed off and so pessimistic.

Sixth Post on this thread:

These are the peace loving liberal sheep of barry?

Shall I go on?

Where's the outrage over these SEDITIONISTS and THREATS TO NATIONAL SECURITY....is there no response by the left winger Tea Party bashers because none of the violent protester's named is Timiteo McVeighzales!!!!...or is because the Tea Party basher are nothing more than a bunch of partisan hypocrites?

Why are tea party supporters going after these protests when they didn't go after the tea party protestors in the same way?

There's your hypocrisy, but since you ignored that hypocrisy, that makes you the hypocrite.

Sorry douche bag....not the same thing. and I can say the exact same thing of you.

3rd post in this thread:

It sucks to be a left wing loon...they always end up on the wrong side of everything. I think that's why they are so violent, always pissed off and so pessimistic.

Shall I go on?

Can you show me that all these people were from Mexico? I was thinking that there were a lot of the Mexican-Americans that were actually able to vote. Wow.....I'm glad you chimed in and cleared it all up for me. :razz:

Any demonstration, where people get emotional or angry has the potential for violence and you can always find some examples of violence. Why does each side seem to think that only the other is violent?

One officer hit with one water bottle? And that becomes a thread suggesting those opposed to Arizona's recent action has turned violent.
One more example of the hysteria and hyperbole from the RW fringe.

Ya...tell that to the police who were there trying to put a stop to the violence by arresting the people who did absolutely "nothing violent" according to TB and TM.

As is frequently the case on message boards, what one person writes, another misrepresents. I said the video didn't show any violence.

Can you show me that all these people were from Mexico? I was thinking that there were a lot of the Mexican-Americans that were actually able to vote. Wow.....I'm glad you chimed in and cleared it all up for me. :razz:

The stories out right now are talking about MEXICAN rioters.

And, OK, let's accept your premise.

When did all Mexican-Americans become Liberals???

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNjWz1BCBc at 1:08-1:11 you can see the water bottle hitting the officer in the back of the head, people running around pushing and yelling. I would not want to live around any of these people.

I refer you to my previous post.

Sure there's been some bad behavior and some water bottles have been thrown, but I was rather expecting to see someone on the ground being kicked, individuals being set upon and punched, bricks or rocks being thrown.

To which I will add that whoever threw the water bottle should be arrested.

I have driven passed a teabag rally, no violence just people holding signs and quiet, I have also driven near where the G8 summit was held in Pittsburg. Seriously I would rather live around "teabaggers" then live around these people that go to these leftist rallies. I guess broken windows and destruction of private property and holding up traffic is not violent to you, But it sure pisses me off.

Yes, you would be guessing. I'll clarify so you don't have to guess. I consider violence generally speaking to be against the person (though to an extent it's a grey area). Holding up traffic is clearly not violent. Breaking windows and destroying property are criminal offenses.

Any demonstration, where people get emotional or angry has the potential for violence and you can always find some examples of violence. Why does each side seem to think that only the other is violent?

You dont think that, I dont think that, therefore neither side as a whole thinks that :D

:razz:
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You're making me dizzy :lol:

:eusa_shhh:

Who said all? I just said the peace loving liberals. Having said that, didn't the majority of the Hispanics vote for Obama?

You dont think that, I dont think that, therefore neither side as a whole thinks that :D

:razz:
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Indeed, only the most partisan among us tries to blame everything on the other side.

You would not be included in that group.

3rd post in this thread:

Shall I go on?

I accept that as your perception however wrong.

I still think you need to look up the definition of non sequitur. :)

Who said all? I just said the peace loving liberals. Having said that, didn't the majority of the Hispanics vote for Obama?

I have no clue, to tell you the truth. Would that mean that all the Hispanic folks in Arizona are Liberals if they did?

Didn't the majority of voters in Arizona vote for McCain?

Would Hispanic Libertarians not be upset about draconian immigration laws that directly affected them and their families?

I have no clue, to tell you the truth. Would that mean that all the Hispanic folks in Arizona are Liberals if they did?

Didn't the majority of voters in Arizona vote for McCain?

Would Hispanic Libertarians not be upset about draconian immigration laws that directly affected them and their families?
What "draconian laws" vast?

Are you speaking of the law to identify CRIMINALS who broke the law?

What "draconian laws" vast?

Are you speaking of the law to identify CRIMINALS who broke the law?

I'm speaking of laws that allow officers to detain anyone that isn't carrying ID.

That is draconian on the level of Stalin's USSR.

Why? If I can't produce a driver's license at a checkpoint or when a cop stops me for a traffic violation, should he not detain me until he can verify that I am who I say I am and that I actually do have a license to drive? What possible objection could you have to that?

Forum List

Back