Protests against AZ's immigration law turn violent.

One officer hit with one water bottle? And that becomes a thread suggesting those opposed to Arizona's recent action has turned violent.
One more example of the hysteria and hyperbole from the RW fringe.

Ya...tell that to the police who were there trying to put a stop to the violence by arresting the people who did absolutely "nothing violent" according to TB and TM.

I saw people walking, and shouting.
But, I didn't see anyone armed. I didn't see anyone shot another human being in the back in their church, or set off a bomb at an Olympic event, or a bomb in front of a Federal Building wherein a child daycare center was housed.
Nice try fringers. Nice try.
Well Wryboy. Willam Ayers, Obama's good buddy, was a lil' too busy to be out blowing shit up this last week. The Black Panthers were a lil' too busy planning on how they're going to intimidate voters come november. But, the ****'s and left wing lunatics were out in full force in Arizona acting like the moron's we all know you dirty lil' fuckwads to be.

And tell us, lil' liberal boy. Where's the violence at the tea parties?

Where are the rocks and bottles being thrown?

When has the police shown up to quell tea party VIOLENCE?

LMAO!:lol:

You're such a fucking liberal stooge. A tool, if ya' will!

Can you advise where in the video these rocks are being thrown?

C'mon Tiger Bob....you know as well as I do that statements were made by police officers who were hit by rocks...just because it's not in the video doesn't mean it never happened. Get real here. There is ON VIDEO an officer being hit in the head with a water bottle!!!!

Now you seem to think this is acceptable behavior? You're not willing to admit violence is happening because no one is on the ground with their legs blown off or blood streaming down their foreheads? I don't get it.

It's not acceptable behavior. As for incidents where legs are blown off (Atlanta Olympics) or people are shot in the back at church (Dr. Tiller) getting hysterical over a water bottle 'bomb' is silly.

Yeah...sure it is...I'm sure you would have arrested them for assaulting a police officer if you had caught them right....especially if they identified themselves as a Republican or a pro conservative rally...right?

Last edited:
Truth sure is quiet all the sudden.

Her argument gets destroyed and she putzes off to the corner to cry.

C'mon Tiger Bob....you know as well as I do that statements were made by police officers who were hit by rocks...just because it's not in the video doesn't mean it never happened. Get real here. There is ON VIDEO an officer being hit in the head with a water bottle!!!!

Now you seem to think this is acceptable behavior? You're not willing to admit violence is happening because no one is on the ground with their legs blown off or blood streaming down their foreheads? I don't get it.

It's not acceptable behavior. As for incidents where legs are blown off (Atlanta Olympics) or people are shot in the back at church (Dr. Tiller) getting hysterical over a water bottle 'bomb' is silly.
The only ones who were obviously getting "hysterical" are the ****'s and your left wing lunatic brethren.

And why is it that it always seems to be left wingers who attempt to kill our presidents?

Go through history lil' man, and see that it's you nutobs who have a true desire to kill those of whom you don't agree with.

Face it Wryboy, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNjWz1BCBc at 1:08-1:11 you can see the water bottle hitting the officer in the back of the head, people running around pushing and yelling. I would not want to live around any of these people.

I refer you to my previous post.

Sure there's been some bad behavior and some water bottles have been thrown, but I was rather expecting to see someone on the ground being kicked, individuals being set upon and punched, bricks or rocks being thrown.

To which I will add that whoever threw the water bottle should be arrested.

I have driven passed a teabag rally, no violence just people holding signs and quiet, I have also driven near where the G8 summit was held in Pittsburg. Seriously I would rather live around "teabaggers" then live around these people that go to these leftist rallies. I guess broken windows and destruction of private property and holding up traffic is not violent to you, But it sure pisses me off.

The funny thing here is....the Democrats call for marshal law, national guard troops to be sent into Chicago to quell unfettered gang violence and murder...then call AZ's efforts to quell gang violence, murder and drug smuggling facism or acting like Nazi's?

WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

You are one stupid partisan hack, TDM.
I can just imagine you defending the Tea Party movement if they were throwing "trash". :lol: I hope you can see the hypocrisy that everyone else would.

PS there were plenty of rocks being thrown......I think you know that, but being Truthdoesn'tmatter.....well I think you can finish the sentence

Amazing as it may seem, I'm not running my life around what's going on in Arizona. I have not seen any statements by police officers. If someone posted them in support of the OP that would be useful and I might well re-evaluate my position on this. If rocks have been thrown at police officers then in my mind that makes it a riot. But the video from the OP doesn't show anything of that sort, which was the point I was making.

And I'm not sure where you get that I think this is acceptable behavior. I never said that, and I would have thought that by now you would know me better than that. In fact I specifically said it was bad behavior, and that the person that threw the water bottle should be arrested.

My issue was that the video shown does not support the OP contention that there is widespread violence. If there has been violence (by which I mean proper violence, not what passes for violence based on what point one is trying to make or refute). then it would seem logical that someone would post video that shows it, or at least a video of the police officer's statement, or even a transcript of the police officers statement.

I have a degree of concern that this new law is going to lead to violent protest. At present it hasn't, which I think is a good thing, because (a) people get seriously hurt (and we are talking about real people here, not just political cannon fodder) and (b) if the protests do turn violent then it will make it a damn sight more difficult for the law to be enforced.

I'm really not interested in the politics of this. I'm interested in seeing the new law applied, in seeing it work. If the protests become violent then I don't think it will work. It can still be used as a political football but, like I said, the politics of it don't interest me at all.

Didn't we have a whole rash of threads a few weeks (days) ago about Nancy Pelosi et al standing before microphones denouncing swaztikas spotted at Tea Party rallies?

Didn't we see clip after clip after clip of leftwing types in Congress, the media, and elsewhere expressing alarm at the Tea Party rallies and anybody, such as talk radio, who supported the concept? Were these people not borderline seditious? A danger? Were they not going to spur violence and drag nuts like Timothy McVeigh out of the wood work?

Am I dreaming that all that took place?

Where are the headlines of these Arizona demonstrations? Where is the front page photos of the refried beans in the shape of swaztikas smeared on the Arizona capitol windows? Where is the outrage at police officers being hit with rocks and bottles?

Where are the clips of Pelosi denouncing such behavior as seditious and "they are using swaztikas for God's sake?"

I haven't seen any of that.

Have you?

One officer hit with one water bottle? And that becomes a thread suggesting those opposed to Arizona's recent action has turned violent.
One more example of the hysteria and hyperbole from the RW fringe.

You being an ex Pride Integrity Guts...I find this amusing. Do you actually believe that was the only violence? I mean, being an ex cop and all, I find you to be disengenuous with your previous post. You once again show just how partisan the frisco crowd lives. :lol:

Where's the outrage over these SEDITIONISTS and THREATS TO NATIONAL SECURITY....is there no response by the left winger Tea Party bashers because none of the violent protester's named is Timiteo McVeighzales!!!!...or is because the Tea Party basher are nothing more than a bunch of partisan hypocrites?

Why are tea party supporters going after these protests when they didn't go after the tea party protestors in the same way?

There's your hypocrisy, but since you ignored that hypocrisy, that makes you the hypocrite.

OK, so let me get this straight.

This is a crowd of MEXICANS rioting in Arizona after Arizona passed draconian immigration laws.

Is there some reason why you're referring to this protest as a "Liberal" protest?

Did all Mexicans suddenly start voting for liberal candidates at some point that I am unaware of?

Were there any specific liberal organizers there? MoveOn.org perhaps? Was Howard Dean making a speech at the time?

Are any and all people that violently protest now to be considered "Liberals" by your crowd?

Now, don't get me wrong, if all Hispanic Americans have now turned "Liberal", I'll welcome their votes, but I want to know how you partisan talking-point parrots reached this conclusion.

Last edited:
Didn't we have a whole rash of threads a few weeks (days) ago about Nancy Pelosi et al standing before microphones denouncing swaztikas spotted at Tea Party rallies?

Didn't we see clip after clip after clip of leftwing types in Congress, the media, and elsewhere expressing alarm at the Tea Party rallies and anybody, such as talk radio, who supported the concept? Were these people not borderline seditious? A danger? Were they not going to spur violence and drag nuts like Timothy McVeigh out of the wood work?

Am I dreaming that all that took place?

Where are the headlines of these Arizona demonstrations? Where is the front page photos of the refried beans in the shape of swaztikas smeared on the Arizona capitol windows? Where is the outrage at police officers being hit with rocks and bottles?

Where are the clips of Pelosi denouncing such behavior as seditious and "they are using swaztikas for God's sake?"

I haven't seen any of that.

Have you?

Where are the clips of Republican congressmen saying the same? Nice attempt at a double-standard though.

And how are all Mexicans now considered "Liberals"?

OK, so let me get this straight.

This is a crowd of MEXICANS rioting in Arizona after Arizona passed draconian immigration laws.

Is there some reason why you're referring to this protest as a "Liberal" protest?

Did all Mexicans suddenly start voting for liberal candidates at some point that I am unaware of?

Were there any specific liberal organizers there? MoveOn.org perhaps? Was Howard Dean making a speech at the time?

Are any and all people that violently protest now to be considered "Liberals" by your crowd?

Now, don't get me wrong, if all Hispanic Americans have now turned "Liberal", I'll welcome their votes, but I want to know how you partisan talking-point parrots reached this conclusion.

I'll have to get back to you when I find some talking-point parrots. In the interm, perhaps you can mull over that helping illegals stay in the US with government help seems to be the stock and trade of the left.

The funny thing here is....the Democrats call for marshal law, national guard troops to be sent into Chicago to quell unfettered gang violence and murder...then call AZ's efforts to quell gang violence, murder and drug smuggling facism or acting like Nazi's?

WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!

At what point did any Democrat, at any point, call for people to be arrested if they don't carry the proper documentation?

At what point did the Conservative right decide that this was acceptable practice?

Barry Goldwater is turning over in his grave right now.

I'll have to get back to you when I find some talking-point parrots. In the interm, perhaps you can mull over that helping illegals stay in the US with government help seems to be the stock and trade of the left.

Nice deflection, but what does that have to do with the crowds of rioting Mexicans in Arizona?

Were they organized by Democrats? Have illegal aliens suddenly been given the right to vote, and become Democrats en-masse?

Oh, and if you want to find a "talking-point" parrot, look no further than the OP.

Yes I'm talking about you Patek.

Personally I dont think the bad behavior of a few in the protest should diminish the rest of the group. Just because a couple of idiots threw water bottles at people doesn't mean they define the entire protest ;).

To me its about equal justice under the law and the illegal immigration thing flies right in the face of justice being blind. We are selectively choosing to ignore a law because we are an empethetic nation, and I find that wrong.

I dont blame illegal immigrants for violating our immigration laws. Like I said If I felt like I had to break the immigration laws of canada or mexico to feed my family you would see me at the borders trying to get in. I feel bad for the poor souls who have to try and come here illegally just to feed their families.

However, I can not suppor their violation of our immigration laws and can not condone rewarding them breaking the law with amnesty/citizenship. Justice needs to be equal and blind, if we dont like the laws we can try to change them but we cant just ignore them.
I don't condone breaking the law either, but I also know the illegals are not the only ones commiting a crime here. They wouldn't come here, if no one gave them a job.
I was just listening to Ed Schultz, and a construction worker called up. The man's biggest complaint was the fact that construction companies are hiring illegals now in large numbers. What are we doing about that? What is Arizona doing about that?

This law is stupid, and it will do nothing to solve the problem, and some people need to stop living in fantasy land.

I was having an immigration debate with someone back when bush tried to do reforms and they said to me "if you want the ants to stay away you have to take the sugar off the table" which basically meant "as long as people are giving them jobs they will keep coming into the country illegally for the money they need".

I like talking immigration with you :D. Its nice to have a conversation about it where no one is villifying the illegals or those who dont like the flaunting of immigration laws :).

Forum List

Back