Protests against AZ's immigration law turn violent.

Throwing trash?

really

man you people are desperate

You are one stupid partisan hack, TDM.
I can just imagine you defending the Tea Party movement if they were throwing "trash". :lol: I hope you can see the hypocrisy that everyone else would.

PS there were plenty of rocks being thrown......I think you know that, but being Truthdoesn'tmatter.....well I think you can finish the sentence

Throwing trash is not a violent crime its littering

Next time try reading the entire post, and respond to it.

I do believe that you would lose your arguement in a court of law, young lady. If you hit someone with trash....that would constitute a crime.....not to mention the rocks :cuckoo:

If you spit on someone, that is an assult

Throwing trash?

really

I can just imagine you defending the Tea Party movement if they were throwing "trash". :lol: I hope you can see the hypocrisy that everyone else would.

PS there were plenty of rocks being thrown......I think you know that, but being Truthdoesn'tmatter.....well I think you can finish the sentence

You just don't know when the fuck to shutup.:lol:

Personally I dont think the bad behavior of a few in the protest should diminish the rest of the group. Just because a couple of idiots threw water bottles at people doesn't mean they define the entire protest ;).

To me its about equal justice under the law and the illegal immigration thing flies right in the face of justice being blind. We are selectively choosing to ignore a law because we are an empethetic nation, and I find that wrong.

I dont blame illegal immigrants for violating our immigration laws. Like I said If I felt like I had to break the immigration laws of canada or mexico to feed my family you would see me at the borders trying to get in. I feel bad for the poor souls who have to try and come here illegally just to feed their families.

However, I can not suppor their violation of our immigration laws and can not condone rewarding them breaking the law with amnesty/citizenship. Justice needs to be equal and blind, if we dont like the laws we can try to change them but we cant just ignore them.
I don't condone breaking the law either, but I also know the illegals are not the only ones commiting a crime here. They wouldn't come here, if no one gave them a job.
I was just listening to Ed Schultz, and a construction worker called up. The man's biggest complaint was the fact that construction companies are hiring illegals now in large numbers. What are we doing about that? What is Arizona doing about that?

This law is stupid, and it will do nothing to solve the problem, and some people need to stop living in fantasy land.

You just don't know when the fuck to shutup.:lol:

I will never "shut up" for you you stupid fucking hack.

No luissa, the illegal immigrants and those who support their violating our laws and flaunting our justice system do get violent and there is clear evidence. What this means is that those who cry out about the tea parties being potentially violent (even without any proff as of yet) should also be crying out about this, lest they turn themselves into hypocrites.

BTW the tea parties aren't one political party just as the illegals in the crowd aren't part of a party (considering they aren't citizens). It is not a political party related protest to me either. Its about a bunch of people who want to tip the scales of justice because they "feel" its ok to violate certain laws they dont approve of.

Actually to me the majority who were not violent, are legals who do not want to be discriminated against because of there skin color. You really think a large number of illegals would get together and protest?

And I never approved the violence either, Patek didn't give me or anyone else a chance to say anything before jumping to conclusions. And like I said they are not a political party, they are not representing the left, so how can I be a hypocrite? And polls show that the majority of tea party people are from the right. ;)

Like i said earlier, I disagree with your conclusion. I willing to bet money that the majority are democrats, Luissa....that is if they're legal.

But you don't know the majority are democrats, and they are not protesting on behalf of the democratic party. They are protesting on behalf on their ethnic group, an ethnic group that many in this country feel it is okay to discriminate against.
No one is going to pull me over because I am irish, and they are plenty of illegal irish in this country.

I will never "shut up" for you you stupid fucking hack.

I hope not. I know it's wrong to laugh at feeble-minded people, but it's free entertainment in these hard economic times.

What exactly did you add to this conversation?

Nothing but an attempt to shut up people you dont agree with.

congrats

I simply made an observation that you don't know when to shutup. Now by all means, keep rambling. I don't even have to toss you a cookie to get you to perform.:lol:

The number of illegal immigrants living in the United States dropped to 10.6 million in 2009 from 11.6 million in 2008, the sharpest decrease in 30 years and a second straight year of decline, according to a Department of Homeland Security report released this week.

Illegal immigration down - because of economy or border control? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

and wow! Some think it is because of the economy immigration is down, because wait for it....... they can't find jobs. So in my opinion this shows you can build a wall, add more border patrol, etc, but they only thing that works is eliminating jobs. :eek:

This is from the same article
“I think it’s all about the economy. There is no evidence that we are ‘controlling’ illegal immigration better than in the past,” says Tomás Jiménez, assistant professor of sociology at Stanford University in Palo Alto, Calif. “In fact, the success rate of those attempting to cross illegally hasn’t changed at all. If anything is ‘controlling’ illegal immigration, it’s the economy, and we aren’t exactly in control of that.”

People you claimed there was violence on the tape.

the only thing seen is trash being thrown.

I see no one hit by the trash and no violence yet you hear people calling for it to stop.

Why do you not get that the tea party people refused to speak against the calls to violence from their own and this tape SHOWS the people in the protest calling for non violence?

Throwing objects at people is assault. Assault is violence.

So by your so called reasoning, I could pelt you with trash and you would just smile and laugh?

Or would you call the cops and press charges?

You fucking hypocrite.

He's right.

This thread's title implies that there have been several violent protests. I normally disagree significantly with TM, and I actually support this new Arizona law, but having looked at the tapes I've not really seen anything that I would in all honesty call violence.

Sure there's been some bad behavior and some water bottles have been thrown, but I was rather expecting to see someone on the ground being kicked, individuals being set upon and punched, bricks or rocks being thrown. And unless someone can indicate which tape and what time something really violent happened, then it's all kinda bogus.

What I think bugs me more than anything is that for weeks now many people (including me) have been bitching about the misrepresentation of tea parties, the implications that they are essentially racist events filled with nothing but right wing ultra religious homophobes. Which is of course complete bullshit. So to see a few water bottles thrown and some people running through the streets being amped up is kinda the same thing.

I think there's still every chance that these protests could turn violent, as emotions seem to be running high. But, based on the clips in this thread, it hasn't happened yet. And if I didn't say so I would be a hypocrite.

Throwing trash?

really

Can you advise where in the video these rocks are being thrown?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNjWz1BCBc[/ame] at 1:08-1:11 you can see the water bottle hitting the officer in the back of the head, people running around pushing and yelling. I would not want to live around any of these people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNjWz1BCBc at 1:08-1:11 you can see the water bottle hitting the officer in the back of the head, people running around pushing and yelling. I would not want to live around any of these people.

I refer you to my previous post.

Sure there's been some bad behavior and some water bottles have been thrown, but I was rather expecting to see someone on the ground being kicked, individuals being set upon and punched, bricks or rocks being thrown.

To which I will add that whoever threw the water bottle should be arrested.

Throwing trash?

really

C'mon Tiger Bob....you know as well as I do that statements were made by police officers who were hit by rocks...just because it's not in the video doesn't mean it never happened. Get real here. There is ON VIDEO an officer being hit in the head with a water bottle!!!!

Now you seem to think this is acceptable behavior? You're not willing to admit violence is happening because no one is on the ground with their legs blown off or blood streaming down their foreheads? I don't get it.

If the Tea Party acted like this the goddam media would be having a field day along with all of the anti Tea Party people on this board. Now the media puts this and the Tea Party bashing on the back burner until the AZ thing blows over...then it will be right back to business as usual.

THAT'S THE POINT OF THIS THREAD!

One officer hit with one water bottle? And that becomes a thread suggesting those opposed to Arizona's recent action has turned violent.
One more example of the hysteria and hyperbole from the RW fringe.

I guess it depends on how a person defines violence and/or how it fits into their agenda. It is interesting when people give more weight to words than actions.

C'mon Tiger Bob....you know as well as I do that statements were made by police officers who were hit by rocks...just because it's not in the video doesn't mean it never happened. Get real here. There is ON VIDEO an officer being hit in the head with a water bottle!!!!

Now you seem to think this is acceptable behavior? You're not willing to admit violence is happening because no one is on the ground with their legs blown off or blood streaming down their foreheads? I don't get it.

It's not acceptable behavior. As for incidents where legs are blown off (Atlanta Olympics) or people are shot in the back at church (Dr. Tiller) getting hysterical over a water bottle 'bomb' is silly.

Forum List

Back