Protesters topple Confederate monument on UNC campus

When are they going to erect monuments to honor the men on the losing side of the Revolutionary War....they were once our brothers, our countrymen.....when I say!!!!
436.jpg

About that....

Moores Creek Loyalist Monument | NCpedia

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
CAPTAIN MCLEOD, CAPTAIN CAMPBELL
AND
ABOUT FIFTY HIGHLAND SCOTS,
LOYALISTS; WHO, WITH SPLENDID
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
INTRENCHMENTS. THEY WERE /
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
DUTY AS THEY SAW IT AND /
ARE WORTHY OF THIS TRIBUTE /
FROM THE DESCENDANTS OF /
THE EQUALLY BRAVE MEN / WHOM THEY FOUGHT. /
PEACE TO THEIR / ASHES. /
ERECTED BY /
THE MOORE'S CREEK MONUMENTAL /
ASSOCIATION /

That is a very American monument.

Americans are not the type of people that need to denigrate or humiliate their enemies, indeed, are quite capable of respecting people, even former foes.
Black folks were not America's enemy, they denigrated and humiliated them....

and you still keep avoiding my question...can you point me to a government court-house, state college, public park -- where there is a statue of Cornwallis, or any opposing general from any war we fought?

No, you can't

The Statue just pulled down wasn't for a general, but an anonymous confederate solider.

Man, your spinning is getting so bad i can feel the breeze through my monitor.

When are they going to erect monuments to honor the men on the losing side of the Revolutionary War....they were once our brothers, our countrymen.....when I say!!!!
436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

Americans are not the type of people that need to denigrate or humiliate their enemies, indeed, are quite capable of respecting people, even former foes.

and you still keep avoiding my question...can you point me to a government court-house, state college, public park -- where there is a statue of Cornwallis, or any opposing general from any war we fought?

No, you can't

The Statue just pulled down wasn't for a general, but an anonymous confederate solider.

Where is the anonymous British soldier statue at??

What about the anonymous German soldier statue?

Only one who is spinning on this post are you lost cause revisionist cucks..

And if I really wanted to see heads spin - I'll just sit back and watch you folks explain how the civil war wasn't over slavery again -- that's always a chuckle

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

No, you can't

Marty just did. And I would not be surprised if there are not more.

And that is with them going back across the sea after the war, instead of staying here and raising descendants who would want to commemorate them.
He showed me a monument honoring a battle -- I asked you to show me monuments honoring generals from the opposing side -- you can't because they don't exist.

All this pretzel twisting to defend monuments that were erected in the age of Jim Crow for the purpose of being a symbol of defiance against the emancipation of oppressed people is and was ALWAYS what these monuments were about

And like I said many times -- no one is stopping you from building your own theme parks and filling it up with whatever confederate monuments you want to shove in there --- hell, if you have an affinity for Nazi generals, have at it -- it just want be on tax payer money

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

No, you can't

Where is the anonymous British soldier statue at??

What about the anonymous German soldier statue?

Only one who is spinning on this post are you lost cause revisionist cucks..

And if I really wanted to see heads spin - I'll just sit back and watch you folks explain how the civil war wasn't over slavery again -- that's always a chuckle

Why would a German monument be here since they didn't fight here?

The monument I linked was a loyalist monument, they fought for the other side.

North Carolina was one of the most split states when it came to the revolution, as part of the healing process commemorations to both sides were made, much like after the civil war.

And as for other wars, I have visited German Cemeteries on France, on French soil. You don't see them suddenly wanting to remove the dead from the ground there.

La Cambe German war cemetery - Wikipedia

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

No, you can't

And that is with them going back across the sea after the war, instead of staying here and raising descendants who would want to commemorate them.
He showed me a monument honoring a battle -- I asked you to show me monuments honoring generals from the opposing side -- you can't because they don't exist.

All this pretzel twisting to defend monuments that were erected in the age of Jim Crow for the purpose of being a symbol of defiance against the emancipation of oppressed people is and was ALWAYS what these monuments were about

And like I said many times -- no one is stopping you from building your own theme parks and filling it up with whatever confederate monuments you want to shove in there --- hell, if you have an affinity for Nazi generals, have at it -- it just want be on tax payer money

There is a difference between a war between nations and a civil war. Part of the peace was to allow the South to mourn their dead and their dead cause as they saw fit, as long as they admitted defeat and rejoined the Union.

Now for political expediency that compact is being broken over snowflake butt hurt.

No, you can't

There is a difference between a war between nations and a civil war. Part of the peace was to allow the South to mourn their dead and their dead cause as they saw fit, as long as they admitted defeat and rejoined the Union.

Now for political expediency that compact is being broken over snowflake butt hurt.
Why do you pathetic lost cause revisionists ignore Robert E. Lee's wishes so much?
Quote-Graphic-Template-1.png

Also, why do you pathetic lost cause revisionists hate books, libraries and museums so much??

Its almost like if you guys didn't have statues up all across the south, you would forget the Civil War happened -- but to be fair, even with these statues, you guys already pretend to forget why the Civil War happened..

#sad

No, you can't

Why do you pathetic lost cause revisionists ignore Robert E. Lee's wishes so much?

So you quote lee, but want to tear down his Statues?

Wow, what a weasel you are.

That's his opinion. and according to snopes it was about memorials for BOTH sides. So he would have been against the Grand Army Plaza Soldiers arch as well.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/robert-e-lee-confederate-monuments/

Which was also, as has been repeatedly pointed out to you, the Centennial of the Civil War.
Without a corresponding blip in Union memorials.

edit...Btw, would you be kind enough to link the multiple posts regarding the centennial? I missed them.

Last edited:
Also, why do you pathetic lost cause revisionists hate books, libraries and museums so much??

Its almost like if you guys didn't have statues up all across the south, you would forget the Civil War happened -- but to be fair, even with these statues, you guys already pretend to forget why the Civil War happened..

#sad

We have plenty of Union and Confederate graves here in the South to remind us of the Civil War. Most towns, most fields, most houses (that were constructed at the time, and that weren't burned down because they were used as headquarters or battlefield hospitals) will be here forever to remind us. We have blood in the dirt here in the South, that will forever stand as a testament to what happened and why. We aren't trying to forget, because that would be impossible. You can find bullets from the Civil War in your backyard here.

#sad

We have plenty of Union and Confederate graves here in the South to remind us of the Civil War. Most towns, most fields, most houses (that were constructed at the time, and that weren't burned down because they were used as headquarters or battlefield hospitals) will be here forever to remind us. We have blood in the dirt here in the South, that will forever stand as a testament to what happened and why. We aren't trying to forget, because that would be impossible.
But that isn't enough right?

#sad

We have plenty of Union and Confederate graves here in the South to remind us of the Civil War. Most towns, most fields, most houses (that were constructed at the time, and that weren't burned down because they were used as headquarters or battlefield hospitals) will be here forever to remind us. We have blood in the dirt here in the South, that will forever stand as a testament to what happened and why. We aren't trying to forget, because that would be impossible.

It shouldn't be forgotten

No, you can't

That's his opinion. and according to snopes it was about memorials for BOTH sides. So he would have been against the Grand Army Plaza Soldiers arch as well.

I see you dodged the point

What the winning side does about their monuments, Robert E Lee didn't have much influence on -- since he lost

Something about to the victor goes the spoils or something..

Just for the purpose of clarity -- the confederate side lost? correct?

In other words, the South lost, Get over it

Isn't that what you say about any criticism of Trump?

#sad

It won't -- even tho the reason why the war was fought is conveniently forgotten or revised -- but that's different.

#sad

It won't -- even tho the reason why the war was fought is conveniently forgotten or revised -- but that's different.

Just leave public and private property alone.

How's that?

I see you dodged the point

What the winning side does about their monuments, Robert E Lee didn't have much influence on -- since he lost

Something about to the victor goes the spoils or something..

His point was still he thought neither side should memorialize the war. And the whole point of the peace afterwards was that in the end everyone was an American again.

His side was gone at that point in a legal sense anyway.

Just for the purpose of clarity -- the confederate side lost? correct?

In other words, the South lost, Get over it

Isn't that what you say about any criticism of Trump?

Are you responding to anyone in particular? Or are you just flailing about as you see your attempted points get smushed from multiple directions?

Forum List

Back