Protesters topple Confederate monument on UNC campus

Probably not. I'm sure the UNC admin will waffle and delay and sooner or later say they won't put it back up "in the interest of safety"

UNC wanted to get rid of the statue for a while, only a State Law forced them to keep it up.

Considering most of the men fighting at the time were in their 20's, and a lot of these statues went up in the early 1900's, it's actually around the time a lot of the veterans on both sides started dying off.

Again, they were put up to intimidate blacks, not to honor the dumbshits who wore the Gray.

Back in the 1910's the blacks weren't in any position to need intimidation, Jim Crow was firmly in place.

Your reason for it is invalid on that point alone.

Obviously. I've been pointing that out, but they can't seen to hear me.

Joetwat doesn't want to hear anything except his own narcissistic worldview, where what he likes is legal, and everything else should be crushed by the government.

He's also a hypocrite on the Constitution, hiding behind it when it suits him, and ignoring it or insulting it when it doesn't.

He is probably one of the most loathsome posters on this board.

I don't know why anyone engages the fuckwit. Just kick him in the dentures and move on

Again, during this time period the guys who served in the war were starting to die of due to old age, the North also put up a ton of monuments during this time for the same reason.
Yet there is no corresponding blip of Union monuments around the Civil Rights era as there is of Confederate monuments. Mere coincidence, fer shure.

image.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com.au

Your "source" to back up your claim about Union monuments, does not seem to track Union monuments.

So, WHAT THE F**K?! Are you insane?

Again, during this time period the guys who served in the war were starting to die of due to old age, the North also put up a ton of monuments during this time for the same reason.
Yet there is no corresponding blip of Union monuments around the Civil Rights era as there is of Confederate monuments. Mere coincidence, fer shure.

image.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com.au

There is no blip because no one cares enough about Union monuments to quantify it.

And the 2nd Klan was more about anti-immigrant and Catholic bias than blacks, because at that time the blacks were already taken care of.

Probably not. I'm sure the UNC admin will waffle and delay and sooner or later say they won't put it back up "in the interest of safety"

UNC wanted to get rid of the statue for a while, only a State Law forced them to keep it up.

Considering most of the men fighting at the time were in their 20's, and a lot of these statues went up in the early 1900's, it's actually around the time a lot of the veterans on both sides started dying off.

Again, they were put up to intimidate blacks, not to honor the dumbshits who wore the Gray.

Back in the 1910's the blacks weren't in any position to need intimidation, Jim Crow was firmly in place.

Obviously. I've been pointing that out, but they can't seen to hear me.

Joetwat doesn't want to hear anything except his own narcissistic worldview, where what he likes is legal, and everything else should be crushed by the government.

He's also a hypocrite on the Constitution, hiding behind it when it suits him, and ignoring it or insulting it when it doesn't.

He is probably one of the most loathsome posters on this board.

I don't know why anyone engages the fuckwit. Just kick him in the dentures and move on

I find it creates a baseline for my responses to others.

He's predictable so it allows me to hone by response edge.

In the early 1900s, states were enacting Jim Crow laws to disenfranchise black Americans.
https://www.npr.org/

Most were already being enforced de facto, Plessey just allowed them to come "out of the closet" and become de jure.

Most went into effect during the "Redeemer" period of the late 1870's early 1880's,

When are they going to erect monuments to honor the men on the losing side of the Revolutionary War....they were once our brothers, our countrymen.....when I say!!!!
436.jpg

When are they going to erect monuments to honor the men on the losing side of the Revolutionary War....they were once our brothers, our countrymen.....when I say!!!!
436.jpg

We celebrate colonial history in this country. I recently took my family to such a site.

We never felt the need to tear down historical symbols of that past, once we fought a war with the UK and kicked them out.

Why would we?

436.jpg

We celebrate colonial history in this country. I recently took my family to such a site.

We never felt the need to tear down historical symbols of that past, once we fought a war with the UK and kicked them out.

Why would we?
Nice deflection, but fail....I went to a site honoring where Civil War battles took place, why can't you find one?

Also, care to point me to where we have monuments honoring Cornwallis?

436.jpg

About that....

Moores Creek Loyalist Monument | NCpedia

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
CAPTAIN MCLEOD, CAPTAIN CAMPBELL
AND
ABOUT FIFTY HIGHLAND SCOTS,
LOYALISTS; WHO, WITH SPLENDID
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
INTRENCHMENTS. THEY WERE /
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
DUTY AS THEY SAW IT AND /
ARE WORTHY OF THIS TRIBUTE /
FROM THE DESCENDANTS OF /
THE EQUALLY BRAVE MEN / WHOM THEY FOUGHT. /
PEACE TO THEIR / ASHES. /
ERECTED BY /
THE MOORE'S CREEK MONUMENTAL /
ASSOCIATION /

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

That is a very American monument.

Americans are not the type of people that need to denigrate or humiliate their enemies, indeed, are quite capable of respecting people, even former foes.

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

Americans are not the type of people that need to denigrate or humiliate their enemies, indeed, are quite capable of respecting people, even former foes.
Black folks were not America's enemy, they denigrated and humiliated them....

and you still keep avoiding my question...can you point me to a government court-house, state college, public park -- where there is a statue of Cornwallis, or any opposing general from any war we fought?

No, you can't

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

and you still keep avoiding my question...can you point me to a government court-house, state college, public park -- where there is a statue of Cornwallis, or any opposing general from any war we fought?

No, you can't

Marty just did. And I would not be surprised if there are not more.

And that is with them going back across the sea after the war, instead of staying here and raising descendants who would want to commemorate them.

436.jpg

About that....

304_rep.jpg

HERE FELL
AND
COURAGE, ASSUALTED WITH
CLAYMORES THE AMERICAN
HEROES WHO DID THEIR /
ERECTED BY /
ASSOCIATION /

No, you can't

There is a monument to Benedict Arnold.

Boot Monument - Wikipedia

300px-Arnold-boot.jpg

Forum List

Back