Protesters are gathering outside of Jeff Bezos' penthouse to call attention to working conditions

Some of us want to change the "rules".
Lets hear the rules- some of us want to change the rules is a bit ambiguous.

It's discussed here a lot. I even noted what I think should be changed. The taxpayers shouldn't fund a company billions of dollars and then have to subsidize their employee's.

It's the quotas that make it so bad. People cant even take a piss.
If they dont like the fast paced environment then fucking QUIT.
People are so entitled its nauseating
So now folks that need to take a piss in a fast paced work environment are entitled...just dandy.
That's republicunt thinking for you. Its why I am neither republican or democrat.
They got hired to fulfill quotas. The employees must be fucking retarded and didnt understand.
I'm no Republican, I just support responsibility and against entitlement.
They can leave just as easy as they walked in.

So now folks that need to take a piss in a fast paced work environment are entitled...just dandy.
That's republicunt thinking for you. Its why I am neither republican or democrat.
They got hired to fulfill quotas. The employees must be fucking retarded and didnt understand.

A company has the responsibility to provide a safe working environment.

Amazon warehouse workers at high risk of getting seriously injured on the job

I agree with you but I would bet 100 bucks they are OSHA compliant.
If I had to guess, that fast paced work environment has something to do with it.
Their insurance has to be high af lol

I agree with you but I would bet 100 bucks they are OSHA compliant.
If I had to guess, that fast paced work environment has something to do with it.
Their insurance has to be high af lol

Something that can't be done safely can't be done. Of course that is a simplification of rules but would I be surprised that Amazon can get special rules there also? No.

It's discussed here a lot. I even noted what I think should be changed. The taxpayers shouldn't fund a company billions of dollars and then have to subsidize their employee's.
I apologize. I've not seen the discussions. So, can you explain (sow some seeds) exactly how you want this to happen and the wording used to prevent it? I don't disagree with you, I'm just asking for clarity?

I apologize. I've not seen the discussions. So, can you explain (sow some seeds) exactly how you want this to happen and the wording used to prevent it? I don't disagree with you, I'm just asking for clarity?

If Amazon wants billions of dollars in government contracts they have to pay enough that their employee's don't need governmental economic subsidies. This of course should not apply to just Amazon.

If Amazon wants billions of dollars in government contracts they have to pay enough that their employee's don't need governmental economic subsidies. This of course should not apply to just Amazon.
So govt contracts should be awarded in part by employer compensation?
Why would a person work there when they dont pay enough to keep food on the table?

Why would a person work there when they dont pay enough to keep food on the table?

Because the old good paying jobs are now in China. This has been covered over and over.

The article does make me want to order something else from Amazon though- LOL
I ordered five things from the website on Saturday for Christmas presents and one of them already came to me yesterday.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I ordered a coat from Amazon a few weeks ago. Normally shipping was all I requested which I believe was 7-10 days. I placed the order on a Monday morning at 7:30 am. On Tuesday I received notice that it was out for delivery. When the mail came at 2:00 that afternoon, I met the mail delivery and got my jacket which had crossed the country overnight.

I just threw up watch nancy pelosi presenting her sanctimonious bullshit.

Because the old good paying jobs are now in China. This has been covered over and over.
Bullshit

Last edited:

Bullshit

Brilliant rebuttal. (not)

My GF makes over 18 bucks an hour working the floor at Lowes

My step son works at Lowes. In the commercial section. Deals with the contractors. Not a simple floor job. He does not make $18 an hour. Now I am sure Lowes in New York likely pay more than in Southern Ohio but that still does not address my point.

There were people working in Lowes 30 years ago. They were also working in manufacturing jobs that paid well and are no longer here.

Forum List

Back