Protest Planned at Taco Bell!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Because the owner did the right thing and FIRED illegal aliens using FAKE social security numbers. Of course the LIBERAL paper makes it like there has been an injustice, but last I checked using a fake social security number was a FELON. Working in this country illegallly is a CRIME!

The owner did the right thing and then getting attacked.

I like the food at Taco Bell, but rarely eat there since I always get sick after. This Taco Bell isn't too far from my office. I already got a few co-workers right to hit the place for lunch all next week when they protest!

Protester planned at Rolling Meadows Taco Bell - DailyHerald.com
Two of those employees had worked at the Taco Bell restaurant at 2997 Kirchoff Road for more than a decade, said Tim Bell, one of the protest’s organizers. The firings came after the store conducted Social Security number background checks, Bell said. When discrepancies were found challenging the workers’ employment eligibility, the employees were instantly fired, Bell said.

I don't get this, the guy does the right thing and people protest? people are losing their mind in this country, they treat illegals like runaway slaves.

From your article it isn't possible to judge if these people are illegal or not. That is what is being protested, I believe. They very well may be legal.

The proper protocol, used by ICE officials, is to give employees a 30-day window to ensure the information is correct. Many times, the databases employers use have errors, Bell said. The background checks weren’t conducted properly and the manner they were done shows discrimination as outlined in the Illinois Human Rights Act, passed by Springfield lawmakers in 1979, he said.

From your article it isn't possible to judge if these people are illegal or not. That is what is being protested, I believe. They very well may be legal.

The proper protocol, used by ICE officials, is to give employees a 30-day window to ensure the information is correct. Many times, the databases employers use have errors, Bell said. The background checks weren’t conducted properly and the manner they were done shows discrimination as outlined in the Illinois Human Rights Act, passed by Springfield lawmakers in 1979, he said.

Liberal spin. This was on the local news. They stated it was verified that the immigrants (of course liberal Chicago News never calls them illegal immigrants) used fake social security numbers! That the social security numbers didn't exist!

Liberal spin. This was on the local news. They stated it was verified that the immigrants (of course liberal Chicago News never calls them illegal immigrants) used fake social security numbers! That the social security numbers didn't exist!

Then link it. My experience with you is that you often read or hear things incorrectly.

It is a little hard to believe that someone used a fake SS # for 14 years. The IRS would have been sending out notices to the employer.

Then link it. My experience with you is that you often read or hear things incorrectly.

It is a little hard to believe that someone used a fake SS # for 14 years. The IRS would have been sending out notices to the employer.

Not really. They just paid payroll tax on the employee and send that in. It's then up to the employee to file their taxes. Obviously on a fake social security number they didn't do it. I am glad the Taco Bell does better background checks then 14 years ago!

I linked the original article. Next time when I see the story on the local news. I will grab my video camera and tape it. Then I will save it to my computer and attach it here! :cuckoo:

If they were using fake SSN's, then should have been fired.

I don't really see where race or immigration has anything to do with it. They weren't legally employed.

What do FAKE social security cards indicate to you?

Not really. They just paid payroll tax on the employee and send that in. It's then up to the employee to file their taxes. Obviously on a fake social security number they didn't do it. I am glad the Taco Bell does better background checks then 14 years ago!

I linked the original article. Next time when I see the story on the local news. I will grab my video camera and tape it. Then I will save it to my computer and attach it here! :cuckoo:

I don't doubt the protest. I question if they are truly not legal. Your article is unclear on that point.

I have a little experience with the IRS. If your employee gives you a fake SS# the IRS will catch on in a year or two and send you a notice asking you to contact the employee to correct it.

What do FAKE social security cards indicate to you?
One, it is unclear from the article if they are fake or the database was incorrect.

Two, fake SS does not necessarily mean illegal immigrant.

Americans love crime movies and Robin Hood, but they don't think immigrants have a right to provide for their families.

Yup. That's how we roll here.

I feel sorry for the employees that got fired - especially the one who had put in ten years - but let's not fool ourselves. TB is KNOWN for hiring undocumented workers. They knew what they were doing.

Happens all the time. Ex works for a major resort that consists of 3 motels. ALL maids are illegal. ALL have fake social security numbes. ALL have their checks cashed by the general manager so they don't have to go to the bank.

If that is the case, then the employer was defrauding the IRS and would have been investigated.

Taco Bell would have been reporting under those SS#'s all along.

Because the owner did the right thing and FIRED illegal aliens using FAKE social security numbers. Of course the LIBERAL paper makes it like there has been an injustice, but last I checked using a fake social security number was a FELON. Working in this country illegallly is a CRIME!

The owner did the right thing and then getting attacked.

I like the food at Taco Bell, but rarely eat there since I always get sick after. This Taco Bell isn't too far from my office. I already got a few co-workers right to hit the place for lunch all next week when they protest!

Protester planned at Rolling Meadows Taco Bell - DailyHerald.com
Two of those employees had worked at the Taco Bell restaurant at 2997 Kirchoff Road for more than a decade, said Tim Bell, one of the protest’s organizers. The firings came after the store conducted Social Security number background checks, Bell said. When discrepancies were found challenging the workers’ employment eligibility, the employees were instantly fired, Bell said.

I wonder how many non hispanic tied people will be in the protest?

My hat is off the the owners checks on illegal employees. He should get a tax break or something.

I don't doubt the protest. I question if they are truly not legal. Your article is unclear on that point.

I have a little experience with the IRS. If your employee gives you a fake SS# the IRS will catch on in a year or two and send you a notice asking you to contact the employee to correct it.

INS should be knocking on your door not a request to correct it.

The IRS checks SS#s? Well that's big news. Who needs E-verify then? Why aren't these millions of scammers being deported?

That's B.S. and you know it.

I spoke with a woman who does payroll at a construction co. She said it is soooo obvious who has fake papers. They all claim 10 dependents. No one cares.

Fire them all; deport all of them with no due process; if they were here legally or were citizens let them find their way home. Nobody is promised a rose garden in any country! Stop being such cry babies for pete's sake!!! This country should stop holding their hands like a bunch of wimps!! The more this country bends backward to please all those who come here the deeper in crap we will get into.

Happens all the time. Ex works for a major resort that consists of 3 motels. ALL maids are illegal. ALL have fake social security numbes. ALL have their checks cashed by the general manager so they don't have to go to the bank.

Yep, I worked for a company that had the same 30-40 illegals working there for 3-4 years.

Americans love crime movies and Robin Hood, but they don't think immigrants have a right to provide for their families.

Yup. That's how we roll here.

I feel sorry for the employees that got fired - especially the one who had put in ten years - but let's not fool ourselves. TB is KNOWN for hiring undocumented workers. They knew what they were doing.
0f course they have a right to provide for their families /. doing it right means being legal so the family does,nt have any problem when you are found out and your ass kicked out .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back