Protest Planned at Taco Bell!!!

Americans love crime movies and Robin Hood, but they don't think immigrants have a right to provide for their families.

Yup. That's how we roll here.

I feel sorry for the employees that got fired - especially the one who had put in ten years - but let's not fool ourselves. TB is KNOWN for hiring undocumented workers. They knew what they were doing.

Open your home, let em in to use your water, you power, your food, you pay for their school, you pay for their hospital. go ahead do it. and clothe them too, for every illegal in the US it costs us a bundle. you pay for it. I didn't sign up for it.

Americans love crime movies and Robin Hood, but they don't think immigrants have a right to provide for their families.

I feel sorry for the employees that got fired - especially the one who had put in ten years - but let's not fool ourselves. TB is KNOWN for hiring undocumented workers. They knew what they were doing.

Taco Bell is a franchise. So each Taco Bell owner is responsible for their own hiring practices! We love crime movies, but we don't like to get robbed!

Sounds like you live in a pretty strange place because I don't know a single person who thinks that way. If you have to be dishonest in order to make your point, you must not have much of a point at all.

I have been with my job almost ten years too. If I had falsified my information when I got hired ten years ago and they found out about it tomorrow, I'd be fired too. It's illegal and it's called reaping the consequences of your actions, but I'm not surprised that's a foreign concept to you. People like you always think someone else is responsible for your asshattery.

Sounds like you live in a pretty strange place because I don't know a single person who thinks that way. If you have to be dishonest in order to make your point, you must not have much of a point at all.

I have been with my job almost ten years too. If I had falsified my information when I got hired ten years ago and they found out about it tomorrow, I'd be fired too. It's illegal and it's called reaping the consequences of your actions, but I'm not surprised that's a foreign concept to you. People like you always think someone else is responsible for your asshattery.

No! her dishonesty is in the use of the word "Immigrant" instead of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT. liberals are morons that way. That's how they roll.

Because the owner did the right thing and FIRED illegal aliens using FAKE social security numbers. Of course the LIBERAL paper makes it like there has been an injustice, but last I checked using a fake social security number was a FELON. Working in this country illegallly is a CRIME!

The owner did the right thing and then getting attacked.

I like the food at Taco Bell, but rarely eat there since I always get sick after. This Taco Bell isn't too far from my office. I already got a few co-workers right to hit the place for lunch all next week when they protest!

Protester planned at Rolling Meadows Taco Bell - DailyHerald.com
Two of those employees had worked at the Taco Bell restaurant at 2997 Kirchoff Road for more than a decade, said Tim Bell, one of the protest’s organizers. The firings came after the store conducted Social Security number background checks, Bell said. When discrepancies were found challenging the workers’ employment eligibility, the employees were instantly fired, Bell said.

I will patronize taco bell.

There was a local story here about a commercial fishing boat that sank. They had a hell of a time identifying the dead. In fact, the wrong family was notified. Tragic consequences.

From your article it isn't possible to judge if these people are illegal or not. That is what is being protested, I believe. They very well may be legal.

The proper protocol, used by ICE officials, is to give employees a 30-day window to ensure the information is correct. Many times, the databases employers use have errors, Bell said. The background checks weren’t conducted properly and the manner they were done shows discrimination as outlined in the Illinois Human Rights Act, passed by Springfield lawmakers in 1979, he said.

Most likely not. They would not have gotten away with firing them.

From your article it isn't possible to judge if these people are illegal or not. That is what is being protested, I believe. They very well may be legal.

The proper protocol, used by ICE officials, is to give employees a 30-day window to ensure the information is correct. Many times, the databases employers use have errors, Bell said. The background checks weren’t conducted properly and the manner they were done shows discrimination as outlined in the Illinois Human Rights Act, passed by Springfield lawmakers in 1979, he said.

Most likely not. They would not have gotten away with firing them.
We'll see. Or not.

Trouble with these stories is that they drop off the radar and we never really find out what is true or not.

Not really. They just paid payroll tax on the employee and send that in. It's then up to the employee to file their taxes. Obviously on a fake social security number they didn't do it. I am glad the Taco Bell does better background checks then 14 years ago!

I linked the original article. Next time when I see the story on the local news. I will grab my video camera and tape it. Then I will save it to my computer and attach it here! :cuckoo:

I don't doubt the protest. I question if they are truly not legal. Your article is unclear on that point.

I have a little experience with the IRS. If your employee gives you a fake SS# the IRS will catch on in a year or two and send you a notice asking you to contact the employee to correct it.

INS should be knocking on your door not a request to correct it.

It might surprise you to know that non-hispanics sometimes use fake ss#'s, too. Not everyone is trying to hide their nationality. Some are just guilty of not filing their taxes.

But hey, if you want to fund more INS raids, raise their budget.

I don't doubt the protest. I question if they are truly not legal. Your article is unclear on that point.

I have a little experience with the IRS. If your employee gives you a fake SS# the IRS will catch on in a year or two and send you a notice asking you to contact the employee to correct it.

It might surprise you to know that non-hispanics sometimes use fake ss#'s, too. Not everyone is trying to hide their nationality. Some are just guilty of not filing their taxes.

The IRS thing could be true, but not likely. Sure, the feds will threaten to throw you in prison over $400.00, but most folks would never think to use a fake SS#. It would make a pain in the ass into a felony when its just easier to pay the feds. . INS has NO trouble raising the funds to raid the cheats.

The IRS thing could be true, but not likely. Sure, the feds will threaten to throw you in prison over $400.00, but most folks would never think to use a fake SS#. It would make a pain in the ass into a felony when its just easier to pay the feds. . INS has NO trouble raising the funds to raid the cheats.
I've had three people give me fake SS#'s. Two of them disappeared, one finally worked out an agreement with the IRS. All were Americans. We were allowed to employ them anyway as long as we withheld backup withholding.

From the IRS standpoint, they just want the money.

You're wrong about the INS, their budget is controlled by Congress.

I've had three people give me fake SS#'s. Two of them disappeared, one finally worked out an agreement with the IRS. All were Americans. We were allowed to employ them anyway as long as we withheld backup withholding.

Oops. Thought yop said IRS. I owed $6,500 and they made sure I knew they meant business.

Oops. Thought yop said IRS. I owed $6,500 and they made sure I knew they meant business.

Well, you paid them back though, right? And you don't seem to be in prison....

In reality it isn't the IRS you are ripping off, it's everyone who pays their taxes fairly (though I admit, many don't).

:eusa_eh:

In reality it isn't the IRS you are ripping off, it's everyone who pays their taxes fairly (though I admit, many don't).

Oh, no I paid them off super fast. I goofed on paper work, trying to save a buck and do it my self. They did make sure that they would make my life hell if I were to drag my feet getting them paid though. I pay a guy to do my books now so its no problem. As for not paying taxes, I pay the hell out of them, and not just on what I make, but on the shit I dispose of. Only rich folks get to hit the loop holes. I have not hit the $250,000 mark yet so its not an issue yet. And I dont rip people off. Stealing is wrong.

Oh, no I paid them off super fast. I goofed on paper work, trying to save a buck and do it my self. They did make sure that they would make my life hell if I were to drag my feet getting them paid though. I pay a guy to do my books now so its no problem. As for not paying taxes, I pay the hell out of them, and not just on what I make, but on the shit I dispose of. Only rich folks get to hit the loop holes. I have not hit the $250,000 mark yet so its not an issue yet. And I dont rip people off. Stealing is wrong.
Okay, then. I have never had a problem with them, even when I fucked up (cross fingers, knock on wood).

They want the money but at the same time they realize you can't get blood out of a rock. I think it was Clinton that forced them to move from evil bahstards to reasonable people.

Such a difficult choice...follow the law and fire illegals or let them keep working illegally. I dont know...have you seen how crappy the service is in restaurants where they have replaced the illegals? Sheesh...Id rather have Juan with a work ethic. Just sayin...

Shut the borders down tight and then give all the illegals an ultimatum...they have 30 days to get the hell out of Dodge or we make them all citizens and tax them appropriately. Then dont worry about hunting down illegals...just punish the hell (fines and prison) out of anyone that hires anyone off the books.

Such a difficult choice...follow the law and fire illegals or let them keep working illegally. I dont know...have you seen how crappy the service is in restaurants where they have replaced the illegals? Sheesh...Id rather have Juan with a work ethic. Just sayin...

Shut the borders down tight and then give all the illegals an ultimatum...they have 30 days to get the hell out of Dodge or we make them all citizens and tax them appropriately. Then dont worry about hunting down illegals...just punish the hell (fines and prison) out of anyone that hires anyone off the books.
Why? I never really get this restriction on business.....why can't I hire whom I please? It's not my freaking job to enforce immigration.

Why? I never really get this restriction on business.....why can't I hire whom I please? It's not my freaking job to enforce immigration.

Cuz...its against the law? And because people frequently hire illegals to skirt taxes? Because employers frequently treat illegals poorly because hey...who are they gonna run tell?

Forum List

Back