Props aplenty in Senate show on big oil tax breaks

Yes.

Lower rates on capital expenditures for drilling.
Subsidies for extracting oil from marginal sources (such as shale)
Rapid depreciation
Percentage depletion allowances

etc....

Look at post #20....then weep.
I did. And then I was reminded that you expect an honest assessment from American tinkerer.

Tell me, how much does Apple collect from the subsidy for shale extraction?

How much does Google get from special depreciation rules for drilling equipment and exploration activities?

How much depletion credit does IBM collect?

Are YOU really going down this road? You do the homework for Google and Apple subsidies, I did it for the oil.
Keep in mind that the BIG OIL is a wealth of money for our government through feds taxes on every gallon sold. How much does Google and Apple pay through their sales?

I did. And then I was reminded that you expect an honest assessment from American tinkerer.

Tell me, how much does Apple collect from the subsidy for shale extraction?

How much does Google get from special depreciation rules for drilling equipment and exploration activities?

How much depletion credit does IBM collect?

Just asking;

Do you want to end it all for oil AND all other companies or just stick it to oil?

I would end subsidies for the vast majority of companies. There are a select few industries that produce positive externalities and may deserve some form of subsidy (or at least some form of payment for the external benefits they create - though not necessarily in the form of a direct production subsidy.

Interesting.

Can you give me a specific company or a general product that you would want to keep covering please

Just asking;

Do you want to end it all for oil AND all other companies or just stick it to oil?

I would end subsidies for the vast majority of companies. There are a select few industries that produce positive externalities and may deserve some form of subsidy (or at least some form of payment for the external benefits they create - though not necessarily in the form of a direct production subsidy.

Interesting.

Can you give me a specific company or a general product that you would want to keep covering please

I think the NIH's efforts at basic medical research - which serve as a direct subsidy of for-profit medical research - are probably a worthwhile endeavor.

Oh, and people who make good beer and good scotch. But none of that cheap shit, mind you....

And Google has about $24 billion. What does Google produce? Google is nothing more than keystrokes and mouse clicks.

Look at Google and Apple's profits.......they are insanely high, and the government does nothing? Witch hunt, I say.

The government doesn't provide billions in subsidies to Apple and Google.

Nor do they to oil companies asswipe. Now of course, this is the point where you go on some insane rant about how the government by virtue of not confiscating more in taxes somehow equates to the government giving them money. Not taking something does not equal giving something, unless of course, your premise is that the feds are entitled to 100% of their profits from the get go?

:lol:

Last edited:

Interesting.

I think the NIH's efforts at basic medical research - which serve as a direct subsidy of for-profit medical research - are probably a worthwhile endeavor.

Oh, and people who make good beer and good scotch. But none of that cheap shit, mind you....

Well please, do tell us all what YOU think is worth MY tax dollar.

Look at Google and Apple's profits.......they are insanely high, and the government does nothing? Witch hunt, I say.

Nor do they to oil companies asswipe. Now of course, this is the point where you go on some insane rant about how the government by virtue of not confiscating more in taxes somehow equates to the government giving them money. Not taking something does not equal giving something.

The government pays a direct subsidy for extractions from marginal sources.

Let me repeat that: A direct subsidy, "asswipe".

Interesting.

There's a ton of profit in medical research, but it does go to help mankind. I could support something like this IF they had to make it clear there was a need for help.

So Sam Adams and Drambui [the nectar of the Gods] gets a break and Bucsh and Miller beer die a slow painfull death?

I, can, support that whole heartedly! :lol:

Well, it's not a tree of course. but they do have 40B in cash reserves sitting on the sidelines.

Kind of hard to spend that money when you are not allowed to invest it in the countries future

Exxon operates in the US...and the rest of the world. I'm sure the poor guys can find a place to invest.
Besides they pay taxes on that wealth

No they don't. Corporations pay taxes on profits, not on reserves.

Are you suggesting that Exxon has $40 billion and keeps it in a safety deposit box?

The super majority in the senate and house for 2 years could have done away with those "tax breaks" these oil companies get

Anyway, its about the jobs, not the oil
Its about the jobs, not the tax revenue

What good is hiking the taxes Exxon pays? there just going to charge more for there product. they have n money tree siting around to pay there taxes

He thought his votes were secure earlier on.

They are doing it now to score political points.

The dems are just as much in the bag with Oil as the reps.

If they truly wanted to walk the walk on ending subsideis they would talk about ending all of them. But big 0 can't, b/c he put too many eggs into green energy, so he wants to put more into it, even thogh it's a failed idea. [so far]

Corporate tax code also needs to be re-visited. Some industries pay more than others. Why pick on oil?

Many industries reap tax breaks. Is picking on Big Oil unfair? - CSMonitor.com

Nor do they to oil companies asswipe. Now of course, this is the point where you go on some insane rant about how the government by virtue of not confiscating more in taxes somehow equates to the government giving them money. Not taking something does not equal giving something.

The government pays a direct subsidy for extractions from marginal sources.

Let me repeat that: A direct subsidy, "asswipe".

Well, that may be true, but that has nothing to do with the premise of this thread or my post.... asswipe. Deflect much?

Fucking dumb longhorn.

Typical Flaylo. Cares only for the show and not any substance.

They are entitled to the same tax breaks any other business is. Why you want to drive up the gas price more is, quite frankly, beyond me and complete insanity.

Oh and tax breaks are not subsidies. They never were. They never will be. If you guys can't even be honest about what's going on why the heck should anyone listen to your point of view? End the dishonesty and corruption in your life. Then worry about the rest of the world.

No,and your fascist punk obama lets GE pay NO taxes!!Fucking liberal hypocrites.

Did Obama write the tax laws? I doubt it, half the time Obama wasn't "Present" while he was in Congress.
But GE is certainly not alone:

Most firms pay no income taxes - Congress
Study finds that the majority of domestic and foreign corporations in the United States avoid paying federal income taxes.

Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report released Tuesday.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) examined samples of corporate tax returns filed between 1998 and 2005. In that time period, an annual average of 1.3 million U.S. companies and 39,000 foreign companies doing business in the United States paid no income taxes - despite having a combined $2.5 trillion in revenue.

Majority of corporations avoid federal income taxes - study - Aug. 12, 2008

No,and your fascist punk obama lets GE pay NO taxes!!Fucking liberal hypocrites.

Did Obama write the tax laws? I doubt it, half the time Obama wasn't "Present" while he was in Congress.

Study finds that the majority of domestic and foreign corporations in the United States avoid paying federal income taxes.

Nearly two-thirds of U.S. companies and 68% of foreign corporations do not pay federal income taxes, according to a congressional report released Tuesday.

The Government Accountability Office (GAO) examined samples of corporate tax returns filed between 1998 and 2005. In that time period, an annual average of 1.3 million U.S. companies and 39,000 foreign companies doing business in the United States paid no income taxes - despite having a combined $2.5 trillion in revenue.

I think Charlie Rangel helped with the tax laws. :eusa_whistle:

Stupid 'Show-Trials.' Congress has been wasting Tax Dollars on these Show-Trials for many years. It doesn't matter how much Taxes Oil Companies pay. It's literally not even a drop in the bucket when compared to the insane spending the politicians are doing. Tax the Oil Companies all you want and it still wont matter in the slightest when it comes to the Debt. These are just political Show-Trials for the usual suspects. Why don't they haul GE Exec asses in there? GE doesn't pay any Taxes at all. In fact,Oil Companies paid more in Taxes than they did. GE is actually a part of this current Administration for God's sake. GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt,their "Jobs Czar?" Personally i don't support Corporate Welfare. And this includes GE. These Show-Trials are stupid and a waste of money. We don't have a Tax Problem,we have a Government Spending Problem. Period,end of story.

I think that since the Democrats have had control of congress so very much more than the republicans that they did indeed write the majority of the tax laws.

I think that since the Democrats have had control of congress so very much more than the republicans that they did indeed write the majority of the tax laws.

The GOP has controlled the House 13 of the last twenty years and I'm NOT making an excuse for the Dems. I'm pretty darn sure that both parties are responsible for our tax laws and the loopholes.

Well, it's not a tree of course. but they do have 40B in cash reserves sitting on the sidelines.

And Google has about $24 billion. What does Google produce? Google is nothing more than keystrokes and mouse clicks.

Google and Crapple are not in the commodity business... If their products become too expensive, consumers can do without. As opposed to oil which can bring the entire economy to a screeching halt.

Forum List

Back