Proposed 150 Billion For Iran.And "0 Dollars For Blue States In Debt".What About Free Health-Care?

at least I didnt agree with queen pelosi that we were losing 500 million jobs a month during the first year of the Obama administration.

Intelligent rebuttal, sorry for assuming you actually think about things.
Look, you can trust Iran and our government all you want, it's your business. But, going by the past, I don't trust either of them. I don't see how any good can come out of that region of the world. The Middle East hasn't been at peace in recorded history. We've been there, accomplished very little, spent astronomical amounts of money, and have lost many precious American lives. What signs do you see that would indicate anything is going to change?
Things always change, they usually change for the better when people work to deescalate tensions, this holds true even for the mideast. For a 100 years the west has done nothing good there, we have never stuck to our agreements, we have propped up dictators so long that peace is practically impossible and pretty much not gave a shit as long as the oil flows. If the Middle east is to change for the better we have to also change for the better. We've been bludgeoning the place and not getting anywhere, It's time for a different approach, it starts with quitting trying to own the place and control it's messy politics.
View attachment 44863
Yes, it's my opinion, so what? Isn't that why we're here?
Look, why not give something concrete to support your position? You've given nothing that would indicate any positive changes in the Middle East. Yes, you've given your opinion, and I've given mine. But, my opinion is supported by thousands of years of history. When was the last time there was peace in the Middle East? My opinion is supported by recent history also. What makes you think anything is going to change in the Middle East?
I pay close attention to Iran and I have seen a steady move over the last few years away from the horrors of their revolution and subsequent war with Iraq towards what could almost be called civilized behavior. Things still suck there but they are steadily getting better and their government has become a lot more open to the west as well as a big improvement in they treat their own people. They still suck but an improvement deserves a positive response just as bad deserves a negative response. Carrot and stick is a time tested diplomatic strategy that works, conservatives do not like it because it seems like giving up but it is really just being the better man.

Look, you can trust Iran and our government all you want, it's your business. But, going by the past, I don't trust either of them. I don't see how any good can come out of that region of the world. The Middle East hasn't been at peace in recorded history. We've been there, accomplished very little, spent astronomical amounts of money, and have lost many precious American lives. What signs do you see that would indicate anything is going to change?
Things always change, they usually change for the better when people work to deescalate tensions, this holds true even for the mideast. For a 100 years the west has done nothing good there, we have never stuck to our agreements, we have propped up dictators so long that peace is practically impossible and pretty much not gave a shit as long as the oil flows. If the Middle east is to change for the better we have to also change for the better. We've been bludgeoning the place and not getting anywhere, It's time for a different approach, it starts with quitting trying to own the place and control it's messy politics.
View attachment 44863
Look, why not give something concrete to support your position? You've given nothing that would indicate any positive changes in the Middle East. Yes, you've given your opinion, and I've given mine. But, my opinion is supported by thousands of years of history. When was the last time there was peace in the Middle East? My opinion is supported by recent history also. What makes you think anything is going to change in the Middle East?
I pay close attention to Iran and I have seen a steady move over the last few years away from the horrors of their revolution and subsequent war with Iraq towards what could almost be called civilized behavior. Things still suck there but they are steadily getting better and their government has become a lot more open to the west as well as a big improvement in they treat their own people. They still suck but an improvement deserves a positive response just as bad deserves a negative response. Carrot and stick is a time tested diplomatic strategy that works, conservatives do not like it because it seems like giving up but it is really just being the better man.
OK. Sure. Whatever you say.

View attachment 44863
Like any conservative could understand the concept of "being the better man" what was I thinking to present that argument to the likes of you.

can you just imagine what suffering Americans were saying right after they heard "150 Billion For Iran:?, probably something like, "Well What About Us?"

That amount of money is 1300 dollars per US citizens.
So what! that is $1300 too much.
Just how did you come to that number? Was it divided by the population of the US or just the ones that actually pay taxes?

Like any conservative could understand the concept of "being the better man" what was I thinking to present that argument to the likes of you.
I'm NOT a Conservative. "The likes of me"? Meaning what? Please explain.

Forum List

Back