Proposal: We need a law making all prices TRIPLE on Thanksgiving.

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
If these business owners are going to have to work on Thanksgiving, sacrificing their time with their loved ones all to satisfy your greed for cheap Chinese products, gas to get you to Auntie Mae's house, and the cream of mushroom soup you forgot to pick up the day before, then they should be compensated fairly with triple pay for the holiday. Tripling prices for the holiday will serve two purposes. First, it will make them feel better about their jobs and about working the holiday. Second, it will give them extra money to spend for the holidays and on paying their employees. We definitely should have a law making that happen.

I am pretty sure it would piss off the Thanksgiving shoppers trying the get the deals and beat Black Friday shoppers.

These shoppers don't seem to be interested in spending time with their family and want to do business.

If you are working at a gas station on Thanksgiving when you are 20, that's fine. If you are still working on Thanksgiving at a gas station when you are 30, that is your fault, not the gas station owner's.

These shoppers don't seem to be interested in spending time with their family and want to do business.

What time of day was that taken?

Guess what? It is possible to have a big turkey meal AND go out shopping, on the same day!

I do think the stores are screwing the pooch, though, by not observing the traditional Black Friday and trying to jump the gun on Thanksgiving Day.

With the disintegration of American families, Thanksgiving is being relegated to little more than the start of the Christmas shopping season.

What time of day was that taken?

Guess what? It is possible to have a big turkey meal AND go out shopping, on the same day!

I don't have problem with it which would be determined by the time of day. The store was open no matter what time it was and people were shopping.

My point was business was open and the people involved were not at home ... Any objection you may or may not have in regards to that are not shared by the business or the shoppers.

• Banned
These business owners are people too. They have families and would like to spend their holidays with them. It's not fair that they have to work on Thanksgiving. The government needs to help them so that being open on Thanksgiving is worth it to them!

at the end of the day nobody is forced to work on holidays, they have a choice.

at the end of the day nobody is forced to work on holidays, they have a choice.
A lot of people really don't care. They don't have families. They are foreigners who have never celebrated Thanksgiving and have no feelings about the holiday. I live in a predominantly middle eastern neighborhood. Everything was open. It was an ordinary day for them.

If these business owners are going to have to work on Thanksgiving, sacrificing their time with their loved ones all to satisfy your greed for cheap Chinese products, gas to get you to Auntie Mae's house, and the cream of mushroom soup you forgot to pick up the day before, then they should be compensated fairly with triple pay for the holiday. Tripling prices for the holiday will serve two purposes. First, it will make them feel better about their jobs and about working the holiday. Second, it will give them extra money to spend for the holidays and on paying their employees. We definitely should have a law making that happen.

What a stupid idea.

Holiday sales benefit poor working people who are willing to wait in line for a bargain. Why do you hate the working poor?

These business owners are people too. They have families and would like to spend their holidays with them. It's not fair that they have to work on Thanksgiving. The government needs to help them so that being open on Thanksgiving is worth it to them!

LMAO.
Lets see, business owners set the schedules and employees follow the schedules. See the difference swimmy?
Business owner might make 10k a month and the cashier make 1k a month. See the difference?
The business owner is at home Thanksgiving and his/her manager checks in via phone if needed. See the difference?

I been in the workforce for a pretty long time. Most everybody got Thanksgiving day off. If you HAD to work, people were sorry for you. It was tradition to be at someones home (or your own) on Thanksgiving. To rest and relax all day. What the fuck is wrong with tradition? And resting and relaxing? Retailers will be open plenty of hours between now and Christmas. Employees will work a ton.

And if all of the sudden the retailers of America want to change American tradition for their own greedy self interests, then let them pay the employee much better than normal for helping to break a great American tradition.

But the retailers that didn't open on Thanksgiving. They will get my business.

Should we also add the military and police and emergency personal? They deserve it more than some low pay sales clerk.

LMAO.
Lets see, business owners set the schedules and employees follow the schedules. See the difference swimmy?
Business owner might make 10k a month and the cashier make 1k a month. See the difference?
The business owner is at home Thanksgiving and his/her manager checks in via phone if needed. See the difference?

I been in the workforce for a pretty long time. Most everybody got Thanksgiving day off. If you HAD to work, people were sorry for you. It was tradition to be at someones home (or your own) on Thanksgiving. To rest and relax all day. What the fuck is wrong with tradition? And resting and relaxing? Retailers will be open plenty of hours between now and Christmas. Employees will work a ton.

And if all of the sudden the retailers of America want to change American tradition for their own greedy self interests, then let them pay the employee much better than normal for helping to break a great American tradition.

But the retailers that didn't open on Thanksgiving. They will get my business.

In other words.....you hate business.

Like another poster noted, if prices triple for Thanksgiving, then how will the poor be able to afford the holiday?

Everyone should be able to have some rest and a decent meal on Thanksgiving.

As far as Black Thursday and Friday? Just another example of greed slowly taking over this country.

Should we also add the military and police and emergency personal? They deserve it more than some low pay sales clerk.

And yet again, you demonstrate how much of an idiot you are, thanks to your inability to read.

Like another poster noted, if prices triple for Thanksgiving, then how will the poor be able to afford the holiday?

If wages triple for Thanksgiving, how will small businesses be able to afford the holiday?

And yet again, you demonstrate how much of an idiot you are, thanks to your inability to read.
Can't answer the question, let's ask Gruber who is the stupid one. You the obamacare supporter, or me who is not.
Now answer the fucking question
Should we pay the ,military, police, fire and hospital person triple time for having to be away from home on Thanksgivng?

You know.................over the 20 years that I was in the Navy (excluding the few that I was married), I stood duty on Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Why? Because I was single and knew that I wouldn't have to stand watch on New Years Eve and New Years Day if I did that, so it was a benefit for me.

But.....................I also knew that my butt belonged to the government for the entire time of my contract, regardless of the deals I could work out with the watch coordinators, and it belonged to them 24/7 because of the contract I'd signed. I also understood that we had to always be on guard for this country regardless of the day on the calendar, because attacks could happen anytime.

Civilians don't have any such requirements on them. If they want to take the day off, they should be allowed to do so. The only reason that the owners need the employees to work on holidays is so they can make even more money.

Can't employers recognize a national holiday that is uniquely American? If they don't, then I'd be willing to call them unpatriotic.

Forum List

Back