Property is Liberty, and Regulation Is Theft

Republican Party Platform of 1968

Preamble, Purposes and Pledges:

By reducing interest rates through responsible fiscal and monetary policy we will lower the costs of home-ownership, and new technologies and programs will be developed to stimulate low-cost methods of housing rehabilitation. Local communities will be encouraged to adopt uniform, modern building codes.

Republicans started the DEA & forced insurance exploding healthcare cost.
yes they did ... nixon thought that you as a citizen paying for part of the cost of your health care was a grate Idea ... things like copays and a 1000 dollar deductible ... he felt that was a great Idea ... I remember before these plans you would go to the doctor and the cost was taken care of ... now you're afraid that it will cost you

By reducing interest rates through responsible fiscal and monetary policy we will lower the costs of home-ownership, and new technologies and programs will be developed to stimulate low-cost methods of housing rehabilitation. Local communities will be encouraged to adopt uniform, modern building codes.

yes they did ... nixon thought that you as a citizen paying for part of the cost of your health care was a grate Idea ... things like copays and a 1000 dollar deductible ... he felt that was a great Idea ... I remember before these plans you would go to the doctor and the cost was taken care of ... now you're afraid that it will cost you
If you did have enough money, you were allowed to die of cancer back then without enough pain medicine. Oh, yeah a wonderful world of liberty.

Everything is 'theft' to the RWnuts. It's hilarious.

Full Definition of theft
  1. 1a : the act of stealing; specifically : the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it

Yep, taxes are theft

How can you be the rightful owner of the money that represents your tax bill if you lawfully owe the money to the government?

Regulation prevents the Entitled Rich & their Powerful Giant Bully Corporations from stealing everything you worked hard for & killing you off at will.

Actually it does precisely the opposite.
you are so stupid its amazing that you can actually have a thought''' ...
the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, a bill that deregulated ... what it did was allow people with less then stellar credit and very little money down, allowing them to buy beyond their means by using Bloon payments, as they were called ... this was not allowed by the banking prior... this was not allowed by insurers of the loans.... but when passed they had to allow it ... then in decemember 2003 phil Graham a took a bill word for word the republicans took it then republicans passed it ... what this bill did was allow people to not have to have their loans inspected by companies like AIG to give them a triple a rating thne bak would stamp them triple "A" loans they also deregulated the idea that bank could now put all their loans and sell them to unsuspecting loan companies in bulk loans sell them to companies like Fanny mae and freddie Mac... who we all know lost their asses ... this bill also allows the borrower to have loans to them up to 10,000 dollars and didn't have to pay it back .... this bill was call the american dream downpayment initiative.. that cut the shit out of regulations in banking that were in the past protecting the loaned money ... by you saying its the opposite show us you haven't a clue...

If you did have enough money, you were allowed to die of cancer back then without enough pain medicine. Oh, yeah a wonderful world of liberty.
I don't know what youre talking about ... never had a problem with getting a doctors help before nixon pass the copay system... never ... If I needed a drug got it ... if I need a shot, got it, if I need surgery, got it .... never had to pay a dime ... what you're talking about I have no Idea

Everything is 'theft' to the RWnuts. It's hilarious.

Full Definition of theft
  1. 1a : the act of stealing; specifically : the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it

Yep, taxes are theft
first of all taxes aren't felonious that are a tax which the constitution allows ... if you don't pay your takes the law allow them to try a recoup their lose by you not paying ... thats not stealing that allowing the government to make you responsible for you debt ... you don't get to not pay ... I realize that's the republican way ... borrow money and let the load default with everybody holding the bag ... thats not what the laws work ... when you don't pay then it's the government intent to rightfully make you pay for your debt... if you don't like taxes leave the country ... I sure there's a place somewhere you can live that doesn't tax you

I don't know what youre talking about ... never had a problem with getting a doctors help before nixon pass the copay system... never ... If I needed a drug got it ... if I need a shot, got it, if I need surgery, got it .... never had to pay a dime ... what you're talking about I have no Idea
Someone paid the "dime", bud. So you were a charity case.

I can tell you live in the big city...You have no idea how rural folks live and operate..

First of all, based on the depth of my research, I am an expert on each and every subject I choose to post about.
The spankings I've administered to you and your ilk should apprise you of same.

But....don't just rely on me.....

I just provided an expert who kicked your post over the goalposts.
This guy:
"Science writer Kaufman, who has served as president of two state-level environmental groups, purports that the environmental movement, like any large movement, has become a large machine, a large system of power with its own agenda, which includes controlling versions of the truth. The author identifies with other "recovering" environmentalists who report that internal politics has given those in the movement an irrational view of the world."
No Turning Back: Dismantling the Fantasies of Environmental Thinking: Wallace Kaufman: 9780595000999: Amazon.com: Books

This is the second time I'm having to say this: stop lying.
Being an expert still does not take the bad taste of extremism away..

If your claim is that demanding the rights to property you own is 'extremism,'....you are definitely in the running for the "Unintentional Humor" award for today.

Speak up.

In the main, I agree with you on the relationship between liberty and property rights. But I think it's important to distinguish be between liberty and license. Liberty is being able to do what you wish with your body and property but not other people's bodies or property. Only with that caveat do we have liberty and not license.

There is no suggestion, implication, or hint, in this thread, that there is any right to other people's bodies or property.
None whatsoever.

Private ownership has proven to be far more advantageous than that by bureaucrats, and big government.

1. The tyranny of the environmental movement is based on coercion, regulation so punitive that entire counties have been bankrupted, property confiscation, the loss of homes,
  2. What and what? It’s all about creating the holy grail of “a sustainable America” without due consideration to the exigencies. Like all bad ideas, sustainability is based on bad science.
  3. Conservation biology, as a new iteration of biology, was brought into existence at the University of Southern California in the 1970’s, and has come to steer land use everywhere. The results are a disaster! Conserved ranges are desertifying, conserved forests dying, and watersheds being so badly managed that that magnificent triumph of civil engineering- the dams, waterworks, and irrigation of the American rivers system- is being overwhelmed. From the Serengeti to New Mexico’s boot heel, wherever people have been cleared from the land, biodiversity collapses. It is axiomatic. Nickson, "Eco-Fascists"
  4. Professor Holly Fretwell actually went out and studied the result of the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. She found forests conserved in service of the spotted owl are dead or dying; closed forests were overstocked and pest ridden; 500 weak and spindly trees grow where 60-80 healthy ones used to flourish. Do We Get What We Pay For? | PERC – The Property and Environment Research Center
5. Range scientist Allan Savory has written about millions of acres, formerly grasslands, have become deserts because wildlife has been shut out. “Only livestock now, and to a lesser extent remaining remnants of former wild herbivores in the presence of pack-hunting predators, combined with fire suppression can permanently reverse desertification…” http://savoryinstitute.squarespace....ication-explained-simply-by-allan-savory.html

"Ownership is not only a right, it is a duty.Ownership obligates Use your property as if it had been entrusted to you by the people." Oswald Spengler

afb112618dAPR20181126074506.jpg

First of all, based on the depth of my research, I am an expert on each and every subject I choose to post about.
The spankings I've administered to you and your ilk should apprise you of same.

But....don't just rely on me.....

I just provided an expert who kicked your post over the goalposts.
This guy:
"Science writer Kaufman, who has served as president of two state-level environmental groups, purports that the environmental movement, like any large movement, has become a large machine, a large system of power with its own agenda, which includes controlling versions of the truth. The author identifies with other "recovering" environmentalists who report that internal politics has given those in the movement an irrational view of the world."
No Turning Back: Dismantling the Fantasies of Environmental Thinking: Wallace Kaufman: 9780595000999: Amazon.com: Books

This is the second time I'm having to say this: stop lying.

If your claim is that demanding the rights to property you own is 'extremism,'....you are definitely in the running for the "Unintentional Humor" award for today.

Speak up.

In the main, I agree with you on the relationship between liberty and property rights. But I think it's important to distinguish be between liberty and license. Liberty is being able to do what you wish with your body and property but not other people's bodies or property. Only with that caveat do we have liberty and not license.

There is no suggestion, implication, or hint, in this thread, that there is any right to other people's bodies or property.
None whatsoever.

Private ownership has proven to be far more advantageous than that by bureaucrats, and big government.

1. The tyranny of the environmental movement is based on coercion, regulation so punitive that entire counties have been bankrupted, property confiscation, the loss of homes,
  2. What and what? It’s all about creating the holy grail of “a sustainable America” without due consideration to the exigencies. Like all bad ideas, sustainability is based on bad science.
  3. Conservation biology, as a new iteration of biology, was brought into existence at the University of Southern California in the 1970’s, and has come to steer land use everywhere. The results are a disaster! Conserved ranges are desertifying, conserved forests dying, and watersheds being so badly managed that that magnificent triumph of civil engineering- the dams, waterworks, and irrigation of the American rivers system- is being overwhelmed. From the Serengeti to New Mexico’s boot heel, wherever people have been cleared from the land, biodiversity collapses. It is axiomatic. Nickson, "Eco-Fascists"
  4. Professor Holly Fretwell actually went out and studied the result of the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. She found forests conserved in service of the spotted owl are dead or dying; closed forests were overstocked and pest ridden; 500 weak and spindly trees grow where 60-80 healthy ones used to flourish. Do We Get What We Pay For? | PERC – The Property and Environment Research Center
5. Range scientist Allan Savory has written about millions of acres, formerly grasslands, have become deserts because wildlife has been shut out. “Only livestock now, and to a lesser extent remaining remnants of former wild herbivores in the presence of pack-hunting predators, combined with fire suppression can permanently reverse desertification…” http://savoryinstitute.squarespace....ication-explained-simply-by-allan-savory.html

"Ownership is not only a right, it is a duty.Ownership obligates Use your property as if it had been entrusted to you by the people." Oswald Spengler

I didn't know JakeStarky was banned until I saw the post above yours.

Speak up.

None whatsoever.

I didn't know JakeStarky was banned until I saw the post above yours.

Not a topic I'm conversant with.....that poster is one of the liars I avoid.

Forum List

Back