Proof Of Warmer Earlier Climate! Swiss Geologist Studies 10,800-Year Old Tree Trunk Under Alps Glacier

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
I blame Fred Flinstone.
Do the Envirowhackos ever get tired of being wrong about everything they preach in their religious cult?

Previously hidden under a Swiss glacier, a 10,800-year old tree trunk was discovered and tells us the Alps were much warmer in the early Holocene than today.

I blame Fred Flinstone. Do the Envirowhackos ever get tired of being wrong about everything they preach in their religious cult? Previously hidden under a Swiss glacier, a 10,800-year old tree trunk was discovered and tells us the Alps were much warmer in the early Holocene than today.
No one claims that temps haven't varied over the eons. That's a given. The question is, what's the cause this time? Not all shifts in temp had the same cause. One of the most salient points in favor of AGW theory is the rapid time course of the rise, coinciding with an increase in greenhouse gases due to the Industrial Revolution, esp. CO2, such that human activity releases more in days than all the volcanoes on earth do in a normal year.

Do the Earth's volcanoes emit more CO2 than human activities? No.

I blame Fred Flinstone. Do the Envirowhackos ever get tired of being wrong about everything they preach in their religious cult? Previously hidden under a Swiss glacier, a 10,800-year old tree trunk was discovered and tells us the Alps were much warmer in the early Holocene than today.
No one claims that temps haven't varied over the eons. That's a given. The question is, what's the cause this time? Not all shifts in temp had the same cause. One of the most salient points in favor of AGW theory is the rapid time course of the rise, coinciding with an increase in greenhouse gases due to the Industrial Revolution, esp. CO2, such that human activity releases more in days than all the volcanoes on earth do in a normal year.

Is that why the Glacier Bay glacier receded
over 6 miles in just 24 years in the early 1800’s?
1794-1916 Glacier Bay glacier receded over 60 miles as it melted despite being over a mile thick.

Who says it has to only be volcanos?

the sun emits more or less sunlight for reasons we dont fully understand

Who says it has to only be volcanos? the sun emits more or less sunlight for reasons we don't fully understand.
I never said anything about "only volcanoes", so I don't really know where you're going with that. Also, the suns intensity fluctuations don't match the fluctuation in temps. They should be going up and down in a regular rhythm, but they aren't. Why? Because we're introducing more and more CO2 to the atmosphere. Climate can vary for many reasons, but it doesn't make sense to dismiss one, just because it doesn't fit your politics. I don't discount any of the reasons for temperature fluctuations. It's just that increased GHGs from industrial activity is the reason that fits the current facts best.

I never said anything about "only volcanoes", so I don't really know where you're going with that.
You only mentioned volcanos rather than other possible natural causes

and you implied they were not the major cause of global warming but rather that man is

Who says it has to only be volcanos? the sun emits more or less sunlight for reasons we don't fully understand.
I never said anything about "only volcanoes", so I don't really know where you're going with that. Also, the suns intensity fluctuations don't match the fluctuation in temps. They should be going up and down in a regular rhythm, but they aren't. Why? Because we're introducing more and more CO2 to the atmosphere. Climate can vary for many reasons, but it doesn't make sense to dismiss one, just because it doesn't fit your politics. I don't discount any of the reasons for temperature fluctuations. It's just that increased GHGs from industrial activity is the reason that fits the current facts best.
I blame Marvin and his Illudium PU-36 Space Modulator.

If there was compelling evidence that climatologists are wrong it would be all over Fox News and other more reputable right wing outlets. There's a reason you people only find this kind of information on websites like watsupwiththat. Even Fox won't touch this stuff.

I never said anything about "only volcanoes", so I don't really know where you're going with that.
You only mentioned volcanos rather than other possible natural causes and you implied they were not the major cause of global warming but rather that man is.
Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking. I did not imply that that man has a greater effect than volcanoes, I outright stated it as a fact and provided a cite to back it up. :rolleyes-41:

If there was compelling evidence that climatologists are wrong it would be all over Fox News and other more reputable right wing outlets. There's a reason you people only find this kind of information on websites like watsupwiththat. Even Fox won't touch this stuff.

It is OBVIOUS you didn't read the article, why make dumb statements out of ignorance, it makes you look dumb!

It is OBVIOUS you didn't read the article, why make dumb statements out of ignorance, it makes you look dumb!

There's nothing in the article that actually advances your side of the argument in any significant way. That site's entire mission is to undermine climate scientists.

There's nothing in the article that actually advances your side of the argument in any significant way. That site's entire mission is to undermine climate scientists.

I read the article, read the press release. You didn't because your comments makes it clear that you are an ignorant bigot.

I read the article, read the press release and even the paper. You didn't because your comments makes it clear that you are a bigot.

If anything significant is discovered that changes things I won't be reading about it on some hack website run by bloggers.

I read the article, read the press release and even the paper. You didn't because your comments makes it clear that you are a bigot.

If anything significant is discovered that changes things I won't be reading about it on some hack website run by bloggers.

Oh man you are stupid as hell!

The blog isn't the originator of the story, already gave you a big hint, "read the press release", it came from here:

SRF

How ancient wood tells stories
A larch more than 10,000 years old was found in the Morteratsch Glacier. The tree offers exciting insights.

Sunday, 08/11/2020, 09:27

=====

That is where the story originates, GEOLOGIST Dr. Schlüchter There are photos and statements from the long running Geologist talking about this recent discovery.

The blog isn't the originator of the story, already gave you a big hint, "read the press release", it came from here:

SRF

A larch more than 10,000 years old was found in the Morteratsch Glacier. The tree offers exciting insights.

=====

That is where the story originates, GEOLOGIST Dr. Schlüchter There are photos and statements from the long running Geologist talking about this recent discovery.

Do you realize virtually all of the scientists that do the work Watsupwiththat uses to distort reality actually believe AGW is happening? So essentially your website is pointing at work being done by scientists and making it look like it throws AGW into question all while the scientists themselves believe AGW is happening. You truly have to be a fucking idiot to be a regular consumer of the content from that website.

SRF

=====

Do you realize virtually all of the scientists that do the work Watsupwiththat uses to distort reality actually believe AGW is happening? So essentially your website is pointing at work being done by scientists and making it look like it throws AGW into question all while the scientists themselves believe AGW is happening. You truly have to be a fucking idiot to be a regular consumer of the content from that website.

Do you realize that you are a science illiterate, I saved the best for last to make a fool of you:

Munich Climate Conference 2019

LINK

======

All you do is babble, that is why you are so ignorant.

That is is why you are ignorant, only through blogs would you even learn about stuff like this, the media ignores it completely.

The Tree Trunk is real and so are the scientists who are studying it.

Forum List

Back