Proof: Liberals Emotionally Wired To Block Opposing Political Views

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Yep, you read that correctly...a recent study revealed quantitative scientific evidence that an emotional imperative biologically wired in the brains of liberals BLOCK ALL OPPOSING POLITICAL VIEWS. This explains oh so much...

Researchers are studying participants’ brain changes when their political beliefs are challenged.

Researchers scanned 40 liberal participants, watching their brain chemistry as a team tried to sway their political positions.

The parts of the brain that were triggered control deep, emotional thoughts about personal identity.

“When people activate these emotional structures of the brain more, when they’re being challenged, they’re less likely to change their minds,” said Dr. Jonas Kaplan of the USC Brain and Creativity Institute.

Researchers: People Biologically Wired To Block Opposing Political Views

Wow -- Ukee Washington is really aging well. Usually when I see a news anchor of my old hometown I knew from the old daze, they look a hundred years older.

By the way, might wanna check the last sentence on your article there.

th

They probably weren't triggering them in the correct way.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Yep, you read that correctly...a recent study revealed quantitative scientific evidence that an emotional imperative biologically wired in the brains of liberals BLOCK ALL OPPOSING POLITICAL VIEWS. This explains oh so much...

Researchers are studying participants’ brain changes when their political beliefs are challenged.

Researchers scanned 40 liberal participants, watching their brain chemistry as a team tried to sway their political positions.

The parts of the brain that were triggered control deep, emotional thoughts about personal identity.

“When people activate these emotional structures of the brain more, when they’re being challenged, they’re less likely to change their minds,” said Dr. Jonas Kaplan of the USC Brain and Creativity Institute.

While you do the very same thing. They didn't say it happens to liberals, they said it happens to PEOPLE, and yes, I agree. It happens on this site all the time.

While you do the very same thing. They didn't say it happens to liberals, they said it happens to PEOPLE, and yes, I agree. It happens on this site all the time.

Yes...they said people...in the title chosen by the news network...but that is misapplied and misleading. They only tested liberals. So the conclusions only apply to liberals.

When they conduct the experiment on conservatives, which, from the article, they plan on expanding to in the future, we'll know if it applies to all people or just liberals.

Until then, it's only conjecture, supposition and opinion that these results are all inclusive.

For now, based on the currently available data, we can only conclusively state that liberals have an emotional imperative biologically wired to block opposing political views.

Yes...they said people...in the title chosen by the news network...but that is misapplied and misleading. They only tested liberals. So the conclusions only apply to liberals.

When they conduct the experiment on conservatives, which, from the article, they plan on expanding to in the future, we'll know if it applies to all people or just liberals.

Until then, it's only conjecture, supposition and opinion that these results are all inclusive.

For now, based on the currently available data, we can only conclusively state that liberals have an emotional imperative biologically wired to block opposing political views.

Ah, so you're going to just assume that it's only liberals, squeeze this nonsense for all it's worth, and hope it makes your sorry little life seem better, huh?

Ah, so you're going to just assume that it's only liberals, squeeze this nonsense for all it's worth, and hope it makes your sorry little life seem better, huh?

No assumption necessary...the experiment was only conducted on liberal brains.

You would be the one making an assumption not based on the available data.

It would be unscientific to make the assumption that conservative results would be similar without data to support that conclusion.

I'm sorry this upsets you...must be that emotional imperative at work again.

No assumption necessary...the experiment was only conducted on liberal brains.

You would be the one making an assumption not based on the data.

It would be unscientific to make the assumption that conservative results would be similar without data to support that conclusion.

I'm sorry this upsets you...must be that emotional imperative at work again.

Well, you've taken the whole of psychology and turned it into nothing. You have no idea what they mean by "liberal", you don't even know if they were being honest about it.

But don't let that get in the way of trying to insult people.

Well, you've taken the whole of psychology and turned it into nothing. You have no idea what they mean by "liberal", you don't even know if they were being honest about it.

But don't let that get in the way of trying to insult people.

Do you feel insulted? Blame science. I reported it to you the same way it way reported to me. That these results and the data compiled was completely based on the liberal brain. No conservative was tested.

If that upsets you, that is unfortunate, but unsurprising in light for the above results.

It would seem that some liberals emotional imperative also biologically wires their brains to block results of experimentation based on the scientific method.

Last edited:

Yeah that immediately occurred to me as well. At least half of the posters on this board don't seem to have a clue what "Liberal" means so one has one's doubts about drawing conclusions from that. Not to even mention it wasn't even a comparative study, as the thread title implied.

By the way, might wanna check the last sentence on your article there.

I saw that. But I suspect the results of that experiment will be so different from this one that we'll never hear about it.

So they may as well not even run it since you already decided huh?

Ironically I think that does indeed give us a forecast, all by itself.

The study participants were all self-identified liberals (most likely because they needed to be in California and around a college...it was all that was available). I'll link the actual study rather than propaganda surrounding it here:

Neural correlates of maintaining one’s political beliefs in the face of counterevidence

It verifies something that is pretty common sensical if you have ever gotten into a political argument. However, the Conservatives here that think that it is a condition unique to liberals...rather than indicative of people in general who have their political beliefs challenged...are about as intelligent as a tomato.

There called "defense mechanisms" they go up automatically, instinctively and reflexively from the use of both positive and "negative" reinforcements, these are traits that are common in both religious and politically ideological dogmatic indoctrination, in America the latter is better known as PC

The study participants were all self-identified liberals (most likely because they needed to be in California and around a college...it was all that was available). I'll link the actual study rather than propaganda surrounding it here:

Neural correlates of maintaining one’s political beliefs in the face of counterevidence

It verifies something that is pretty common sensical if you have ever gotten into a political argument. However, the Conservatives here that think that it is a condition unique to liberals...rather than indicative of people in general who have their political beliefs challenged...are about as intelligent as a tomato.
Liberalism is a mental disease....

Well, if you can make that claim then I can simply respond in earnest:

Conservatism is a mental disease....

I saw that. But I suspect the results of that experiment will be so different from this one that we'll never hear about it.

So they may as well not even run it since you already decided huh?

Ironically I think that does indeed give us a forecast, all by itself.

Do you believe "suspect" means "decided"?

No wonder we can't communicate...you're using your own definitions. ;)

Or did you just build that strawman so you could tear it down?

I suspect you did, but that doesn't mean I've decided.

No, that's not what science shows....

Moonbattery: Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder

Yeah that immediately occurred to me as well. At least half of the posters on this board don't seem to have a clue what "Liberal" means so one has one's doubts about drawing conclusions from that. Not to even mention it wasn't even a comparative study, as the thread title implied.

They self identified as liberal...in California no less. So your criticism should be directed at the participants. IOW your contention is the liberals have no clue what "liberal" means.

No, that's not what science shows....

Moonbattery: Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
If you are going to make a claim about what science shows...it would help to link a scientific article...not somebody's book. You want me to find something written by Jon Stewart to back my claim?

Keep trying.

Forum List

Back