promises promises yeah right!!

How about if everyone just track Obama here. All the legwork is already done for ya. You can also click on the home page and see who else is lying (or not).

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
hmm, some of them are not updated
like the one on DOMA
that is a promise broken

Oh yeah, a real top priority. We'll all go to hell in a handbasket if Obama doesn't formally proclaim on a goddamned piece of paper that marriage is between a man and a woman.
oh my, you are a fucking idiot
i just gave ONE example of how that site was out of date

Here is an analysis of the 2008 campaign rhetoric regarding taxes:

FactCheck.org: Spread the Tax Hooey!
did Obama say what was claimed, or not
your link didnt even address it
what McCain's campaign said isnt even at question here
prove Obama didnt say that in Dover, NH as claimed

I'm not arguing that he didn't say it. I know exactly what he SAID, and I also know exactly what has been going on with the economy SINCE HE SAID IT. Jeezus, your like a bratty five-year old with your BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT mommie you said blah blah blah. What the fuck is your problem?

So now I can't bring in McCain either? No Bush, no McCain. Okay, in your feeble mind, the earth began rotating around the sun on January 21, 2009. Nothing of import happened before then. Idiot.
just as i expected, the old "things are worse than we expected, so forget all those outdated campaign promises"

First, addressing chanel, such bull. There are an awful lot of wealthy people in New Jersey earning $75,000 per day. WTF?

Second, there have been no tax increases yet and I think the Obama administration is trying to keep its promises, but if it can't be done it can't be done. Similar promises are made in every single election going back before Ronald Reagan (who, gasp, raised taxes in spite of his promises). George H.W. Bush had to renege on his read-my-lips promise because of out of control deficit spending by Ronald Reagan. Go figure.

Last, cap and trade is ALSO not a done deal yet. But here is the latest estimate from the CBO, which shoots holes in the Republican claim that it would be too costly.

CQ Politics | Climate Change Bill Would Cost Households $175 a Year: CBO

And Bill Clinton beat GHWB to death with the "Read my lips" shit so expect the same to be done to Obama when, not if, he raises taxes.

Okay.

The strange phenomenon remains, however, that people continue to want expensive programs like universal health care (Gallup poll over the weekend shows 79%), yet they are worried about deficit spending, which universal health care would dramatically increase (last week's NBC/NYT poll of 59%). Everyone wants cake but don't want to make it or buy it, just eat it.

That was a bad guess without looking it up. It was actually a CBS/NYT poll at 72%.

PollingReport.com

In that link, click on the health care issue and you'll get a picture of the mood of the country, which clearly indicates they want something. What "something" will look like remains anyone's guess at this point.

hmm, some of them are not updated
like the one on DOMA
that is a promise broken

Oh yeah, a real top priority. We'll all go to hell in a handbasket if Obama doesn't formally proclaim on a goddamned piece of paper that marriage is between a man and a woman.

So in that short period of time you read the hundreds of others and you chose that one? Nevermind, your personal vendetta is quite clear.

I'm not arguing that he didn't say it. I know exactly what he SAID, and I also know exactly what has been going on with the economy SINCE HE SAID IT. Jeezus, your like a bratty five-year old with your BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT mommie you said blah blah blah. What the fuck is your problem?

So now I can't bring in McCain either? No Bush, no McCain. Okay, in your feeble mind, the earth began rotating around the sun on January 21, 2009. Nothing of import happened before then. Idiot.
just as i expected, the old "things are worse than we expected, so forget all those outdated campaign promises"

Well DUH................
:cuckoo:

So in that short period of time you read the hundreds of others and you chose that one? Nevermind, your personal vendetta is quite clear.
it was the first one i saw that showed to be incorrect
sheesh you keep showing what a fucking moron you are

Well DUH................
:cuckoo:
yeah, and i called that BEFORE the election
i knew exactly what would happen
and i turn out to have been right once again

The point here is that Obama ran for President on a "Change" message and was simply to point out what I've known all along and that is that "Change" was just that a slogan and nothing more. What your going to get is more of the same in a slicker package. However, with all this spending, its pretty much a given that taxes are going to go up for.. " EVERYONE" I just wish Obama had been honest enough with his "Change" message to say so. Then again, I don't think that would have gotten him elected and would have run contrary to the the great give away. As for cap and trade I'm simply going to say this, when you tax carbon on whatever form that may be, as an indirect tax it's still a tax. Even though it's in the form of value added taxes to things like gas, etc. .. Cap and Trade is a scheme and nothing more invented by enviro-business to reap the benefits of the so called "Global Warming" marketing scheme that has played itself out among such noted scientists as the like of Al Gore. Oh did I happen to mention that Mr. Gore just happens to be vested in a carbon trading company in London. So keep thinking about how wonderful Cap and Trade is going to be when countries like China and India laugh at the US and and keep on building coal fired plants at the rate of one every two weeks while we further weaken our economy at the expense of this nation and over burden our children to pay for another scheme. Getting back to my original thread topic though, was to simply point out that Obama is no different than any other political persona in that . say anything, do anything, to get there, and stay in power. ...

Here is an analysis of the 2008 campaign rhetoric regarding taxes:

FactCheck.org: Spread the Tax Hooey!

YOU are making excuses for his broken promises. Pretty simple concept. Remind us again how the Stimulas bill was SO important Congress voted for it with out ever reading it and then Obama waited DAYS to sign it. Remind us how Obama claimed only those over 250 k would see tax increases. Remind us how the stimulus bill is FULL of pork for those that supported Obama, ACORN, UNIONS, and other groups and people.

You are a disingenuous partisan hack.

As a senator, Barack Obama denounced the Bush administration for holding "secret energy meetings" with oil executives at the White House. But last week public-interest groups were dismayed when his own administration rejected a Freedom of Information Act request for Secret Service logs showing the identities of coal executives who had visited the White House to discuss Obama's "clean coal" policies. One reason: the disclosure of such records might impinge on privileged "presidential communications." The refusal, approved by White House counsel Greg Craig's office, is the latest in a series of cases in which Obama officials have opted against public disclosure. Since Obama pledged on his first day in office to usher in a "new era" of openness, "nothing has changed," says David -Sobel, a lawyer who litigates FOIA cases. "For a president who said he was going to bring unprecedented transparency to government, you would certainly expect more than the recycling of old Bush secrecy policies."

Obama: Not Keeping Promise of Transparency | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

Again, the point is to show that Obama is not an agent of this so called "Change" but rather is nothing more than partisan when it suits him and an insider to Washington most all the time. All of those people who thought they were electing an agent of change elected a sitting US Senator and got what they voted for.. more of the same!! with a different letter after his name.

As a senator, Barack Obama denounced the Bush administration for holding "secret energy meetings" with oil executives at the White House. But last week public-interest groups were dismayed when his own administration rejected a Freedom of Information Act request for Secret Service logs showing the identities of coal executives who had visited the White House to discuss Obama's "clean coal" policies. One reason: the disclosure of such records might impinge on privileged "presidential communications." The refusal, approved by White House counsel Greg Craig's office, is the latest in a series of cases in which Obama officials have opted against public disclosure. Since Obama pledged on his first day in office to usher in a "new era" of openness, "nothing has changed," says David -Sobel, a lawyer who litigates FOIA cases. "For a president who said he was going to bring unprecedented transparency to government, you would certainly expect more than the recycling of old Bush secrecy policies."

Again, the point is to show that Obama is not an agent of this so called "Change" but rather is nothing more than partisan when it suits him and an insider to Washington most all the time. All of those people who thought they were electing an agent of change elected a sitting US Senator and got what they voted for.. more of the same!! with a different letter after his name.
so, more of Obama holding the same positions as Bush

:lol:
why am i NOT surprised

why am i NOT surprised

Want to see something even more interesting, Obama spent his campaign talking about clean *energy sources like "clean coal" and when questioned about nuclear power his responses were always luke warm or cool at best because well theres the storage issue right?

Large-scale storage of CO2 from power generation will require an extensive pipeline network in densely populated areas. This has safety implications.

Given that rock strata have held CO2 and methane for millions of years there seems no reason that carefully-chosen chosen ones cannot hold sequestered CO2. However, the eruption of a million tonnes of CO2 from Lake Nyos in Cameroon in 1986 asphyxiated 1700 people, so the consequences of major release of heavier-than-air gas are potentially serious.

Clean Coal Technologies

I don't recall a nuclear storage facility in this country every erupting and causing the deaths of over a thousand people. Then again, If I were attached at the hip to enviro-business I would keep this quiet too I suppose.

why am i NOT surprised

Want to see something even more interesting, Obama spent his campaign talking about clean *energy sources like "clean coal" and when questioned about nuclear power his responses were always luke warm or cool at best because well theres the storage issue right?

Large-scale storage of CO2 from power generation will require an extensive pipeline network in densely populated areas. This has safety implications.

Given that rock strata have held CO2 and methane for millions of years there seems no reason that carefully-chosen chosen ones cannot hold sequestered CO2. However, the eruption of a million tonnes of CO2 from Lake Nyos in Cameroon in 1986 asphyxiated 1700 people, so the consequences of major release of heavier-than-air gas are potentially serious.

Clean Coal Technologies

I don't recall a nuclear storage facility in this country every erupting and causing the deaths of over a thousand people. Then again, If I were attached at the hip to enviro-business I would keep this quiet too I suppose.
i was upset when i found out they closed Maine Yankee up here(it was while i was out of state)
and since coming back, we've had some of the worst power supply than at any other time in my life

why am i NOT surprised

Clean Coal Technologies

i was upset when i found out they closed Maine Yankee up here(it was while i was out of state)
and since coming back, we've had some of the worst power supply than at any other time in my life

Hey N.H. recently built a 130 wind farm enough to power about 10,000 homes. so who knows there might be enough left over to power up a light bulb or two. Then again you won't have to worry about having a large carbon footprint.

wasnt that something they beat the shit outta McCain over?

yes Dive John McCain was put to task during the campaign by the Obama campaign because according to the Obama campaign the McCain campaigns plans would eventually lead to tax increases.

Now now, you will have Jillian and her cohorts in here telling you you are an idiot, liar and dumb ass. Obama is not raising any taxes, it is all Congress doing it and against the wishes of Obama. Never mind that Congress is controlled completely by the DEMOCRATS.

How dare you question " The One". He is FORCED by Bush to do these things. Ohh did I forget? Campaign promises are never ever true, so Obama did not lie, he just said what he needed to to get elected.

There several excuses to Cover Obama.

Hmmm.... I would review the list of promises with you, but the MSNBC page has expired. LOL

Todd: Obama's growing pains - Chuck Todd- msnbc.com
Updated February. 7, 2009

Track President Barack Obama's promises Explore and track the president's campaign pledges. See if Obama keeps his word, and vote on his progress during the first 100 days.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29062698/page/2/

Clean Coal Technologies

Hey N.H. recently built a 130 wind farm enough to power about 10,000 homes. so who knows there might be enough left over to power up a light bulb or two. Then again you won't have to worry about having a large carbon footprint.
i have no problem with wind power, in fact i support it
but it is not a solution, just another stop gap

If they'd use all the available resources, we wouldn't be talking about "reliance on foreign oil". Thing is, someone always has a problem with one or the other of them and doesn't have the incentive, I guess, to find solutions to the problem.

If they'd use all the available resources, we wouldn't be talking about "reliance on foreign oil". Thing is, someone always has a problem with one or the other of them and doesn't have the incentive, I guess, to find solutions to the problem.
thats why i also support "drill here, drill now"
and building new updated nuclear power plants
exploring wind/solar and look into bio fuels
then there are also hydro options that are not being explored that need to be

Last edited:

thats why i also support "drill here, drill now"
and building new updated nuclear power plants
exploring wind/solar and look into bio fuels
then there are also hu=ydro options that are not being explored that need to be

I hear ya.

Clean Coal Technologies

Hmm ... wonder just how much space that took up ... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back