Prominent black conservatives counter NYT’s flawed ‘1619 Project’ with message of unity

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
‘We do this in the spirit of 1776, the date of America’s true founding’

WASHINGTON — A group of prominent conservative black scholars, pastors and activists has unveiled an alternative to the New York Times’ controversial and highly criticized “1619 Project” with a history initiative of their own dubbed “1776.”

“I’m here for two reasons, I believe in America and I believe in black people,” said Glenn Loury, a professor of economics at Brown University, one of many to speak at a news conference at the National Press Club on Friday to announce the effort.

Loury said the authors behind the 1619 Project “don’t believe in black people.”
The primary goal of 1776 is to create a counter-narrative to the one created by the NYT’s 1619 Project, a set of essays published last year that aimed to reframe the country’s history around 1619 due to the arrival in that year of 20 African slaves to a Virginia colony.

The 1619 Project is currently being used as curriculum in a growing number of schools despite calls for corrections from historians and other professors who say it’s filled with distortions and inaccuracies, including claims Lincoln was racist and the American Revolution was fought to keep slavery.

In contrast, the 1776 initiative’s mission is to “uphold our country’s authentic founding virtues and values and challenge those who assert America is forever defined by its past failures, such as slavery,” its website states
“We seek to offer alternative perspectives that celebrate the progress America has made on delivering its promise of equality and opportunity and highlight the resilience of its people,” it adds. “We do this in the spirit of 1776, the date of America’s true founding.
Read it all
‘1776’: Prominent black conservatives counter NYT’s flawed ‘1619 Project’ with message of unity | The College Fix

Yeah we know uncle Tom sell outs blah blah blah wacism and opwession...blah blah oh yeah and of course
The college fix has been deemed bad think by the online ministry of truth for reporting on it .
Your chocolate ration has now been reduced .

In the spirit of 1776 we were slaves. So the 1619 project is not in error, those black conservatives are.

The 1619 project is an attempt to rewrite history so they can take the truth of Republicans fighting for Black rights.

‘We do this in the spirit of 1776, the date of America’s true founding’

WASHINGTON — A group of prominent conservative black scholars, pastors and activists has unveiled an alternative to the New York Times’ controversial and highly criticized “1619 Project” with a history initiative of their own dubbed “1776.”

“I’m here for two reasons, I believe in America and I believe in black people,” said Glenn Loury, a professor of economics at Brown University, one of many to speak at a news conference at the National Press Club on Friday to announce the effort.

The primary goal of 1776 is to create a counter-narrative to the one created by the NYT’s 1619 Project, a set of essays published last year that aimed to reframe the country’s history around 1619 due to the arrival in that year of 20 African slaves to a Virginia colony.

The 1619 Project is currently being used as curriculum in a growing number of schools despite calls for corrections from historians and other professors who say it’s filled with distortions and inaccuracies, including claims Lincoln was racist and the American Revolution was fought to keep slavery.

In contrast, the 1776 initiative’s mission is to “uphold our country’s authentic founding virtues and values and challenge those who assert America is forever defined by its past failures, such as slavery,” its website states
“We seek to offer alternative perspectives that celebrate the progress America has made on delivering its promise of equality and opportunity and highlight the resilience of its people,” it adds. “We do this in the spirit of 1776, the date of America’s true founding.
Read it all
‘1776’: Prominent black conservatives counter NYT’s flawed ‘1619 Project’ with message of unity | The College Fix

Yeah we know uncle Tom sell outs blah blah blah wacism and opwession...blah blah oh yeah and of course
The college fix has been deemed bad think by the online ministry of truth for reporting on it .
Your chocolate ration has now been reduced .
Conservatives ARE about unity, liberals not so much.

In the spirit of 1776 we were slaves. So the 1619 project is not in error, those black conservatives are.
I used to know this guy who had a rough childhood...beatings..underfed...foster homes.
He clung to that brutal childhood like a fucking Olympic medal. Every failure, misjudgement, error, and maltreatment whether sheer bad luck or bias he blamed on it that childhood of his. His father this...abuse that...mother this...uncle that.
That was his crutch, and his excuse for decades.
...anyway

You ******* remind me of that guy. Losers with excuses...and that is why you will always be ******* to me...because you deserve that title.

The 1619 project is an attempt to rewrite history so they can take the truth of Republicans fighting for Black rights.

The 1619 project is accurate and republicans have not fought for black rights..

I used to know this guy who had a rough childhood...beatings..underfed...foster homes.
He clung to that brutal childhood like a fucking Olympic medal. Every failure, misjudgement, error, and maltreatment whether sheer bad luck or bias he blamed on it that childhood of his. His father this...abuse that...mother this...uncle that.
...anyway

You ******* remind me of that guy. Losers with excuses...and that is why you will always be ******* to me...because you deserve that title.

I'm the ------- who has done better than you in life. I'm the ------ with the masters degree that built three organizations and retired a young man while you still struggle and whine about being white even after getting every handout the American government has ever created. You can't take the truth and all your pussy ass can do is sit behind a computer posting racial slurs because if you called me that to my face, I'd beat your white ass to a bloody pulp.

In 1619 the USA did not exist. At that time the land was populated by untold numbers of uneducated or poorly educated humans embracing ignorant beliefs in divine, supernatural beings telling them it was cool to torture and murder people for not believing in their God.

We've come a long way since then and still have some ways to go before becoming a peaceful, civil species.

When Galileo Galilei (1564–1642) an Italian astronomer, physicist, engineer, philosopher, and mathematician who played a major role in the scientific revolution of the seventeenth century offered evidence our Sun did not revolve around the Earth, a significant population of God and Bible embracing people CHOSE TO MAINTAIN their human ignorance by oppressing and imprisoning Free-Thinking Galileo for the remainder of his life.

Galileo got off lucky, in many other instances of VIOLENT and OPPRESSIVE human behavior, the God and Bible loving people imprisoned, savagely murdered or horrifically tortured other free thinkers who attempted using their human intellect to help educate the human race about our physical world, as well as our human condition.

Giordano Bruno - Wikipedia

"Beginning in 1593, Bruno was tried for heresy by the Roman Inquisition on charges including denial of several core Catholic doctrines, including eternal damnation, the Trinity, the divinity of Christ, the virginity of Mary, and transubstantiation. Bruno's pantheism was also a matter of grave concern.[4] The Inquisition found him guilty, and he was burned at the stake in Rome's Campo de' Fiori in 1600."

Unfortunately for mankind, credible evidence reveals God and Bible loving humans embracing ignorant, illogical beliefs in divine supernatural beings not only greatly impeded the peaceful and healthy evolution of our human species.

Reliable evidence demonstrates God and Bible embracing people are responsible for UNJUSTLY oppressing, slaughtering and torturing COUNTLESS numbers of peaceful, free-thinking human beings, many sincerely wanting to educate and improve the Quality of Life for our species.

galileo_slavery.jpg

Peace.

...anyway

So all this happened to ONE GUY you once knew?

A guy who according to you, as a child grew up surrounded by hateful ignorant family members who constantly subjected him to hate, violence and maltreatment.

Frankly, I believe you're talking nonsense just to stir up poop.

I also believe you choose to ignore medical evidence explaining why some people's minds are messed up.

(Early Brain & Child Development) #EBCDScientist Dr. Bruce D. Perry, MD, PhD, Explains To Child Abuse Victim-Survivor Oprah Winfrey Why Kids & ADULTS Are Hurting:

Dr. Perry's detailed presentation:

Cali Surgeon General, Dr. Burke Harris:

Peace.

...anyway

I'm the ------- who has done better than you in life. I'm the ------ with the masters degree that built three organizations and retired a young man while you still struggle and whine about being white even after getting every handout the American government has ever created. You can't take the truth and all your pussy ass can do is sit behind a computer posting racial slurs because if you called me that to my face, I'd beat your white ass to a bloody pulp.

Yeah...you sound a lot like him.

...anyway

So all this happened to ONE GUY you once knew?

A guy who according to you, as a child grew up surrounded by hateful ignorant family members who constantly subjected him to hate, violence and maltreatment.

Frankly, I believe you're talking nonsense just to stir up poop.

I also believe you choose to ignore medical evidence explaining why some people's minds are messed up.

(Early Brain & Child Development) #EBCDScientist Dr. Bruce D. Perry, MD, PhD, Explains To Child Abuse Victim-Survivor Oprah Winfrey Why Kids & ADULTS Are Hurting:

Dr. Perry's detailed presentation:

Cali Surgeon General, Dr. Burke Harris:

Peace.

All this? You type as if child abuse is some great rarity. Yes. I once knew a person who was abused, yet was unable to move past those factors which, though scarring him, mad him...him.
******* are very much like this. They use their past to frame their present and future. They use it as a crutch...they use it as an excuse...and as a weapon.

I don't know what the rest of that shit you posted is about. I think it's some attempt to psychoanalyze me?

Either way...the truth is the truth.

I don't know what the rest of that shit you posted is about. I think it's some attempt to psychoanalyze me?

I'm sorry you decline to become better educated by learning more about Medical research into child abuse and it's affects on developing human minds..

Peace.
As an excuse for behavior...right? An EXCUSE...a way to avoid ownership for behaviors.
"This person did X so I am justified in Y"

This is the very ESSENCE of the black ethos. "I was wronged...my people were wronged...WE were wronged...so my actions must be justified and EXCUSED by all"

That is what everyone sees in the black community whether they admit it or not.

Peace to you as well.

I'm sorry you decline to become better educated by learning more about Medical research into child abuse and it's affects on developing human minds..

Peace.
As an excuse for behavior...right? An EXCUSE...a way to avoid ownership for behaviors.

This is the very ESSENCE of the black ethos. "I was wronged...my people were wronged...WE were wronged...so my actions must be justified and EXCUSED by all"

Peace to you as well.

TVI, Respectfully, when writing or speaking about "Black" American Citizens, I really wish people would distinguish responsible, reasonably well-adjusted, Free-Thinking #AmericanCitizens, from illogical, #IntraRacialDiscrimination & HATE practicing #ProBlack American citizens!

In my opinion lumping all ALL American citizens of African descent into one group is illogical and UNFAIR to peaceful, responsible AoAD.

_DENOUNCE Intra-Racial PRO BLACK HATE-02.png

Larry Elder, Candace Owens, Mental Health.png

Peace.

So blacks have to ignore part of our experience in America while whites can celebrate their being a British colony and how they fought the British for freedom and we must accept only that as our history because whites don't want to look bad.

IM2, wrote,
So blacks have to ignore part of our experience in America while whites can celebrate their being a British colony and how they fought the British for freedom and we must accept only that as our history because whites don't want to look bad.

My friend, I'm very certain most every resident of planet Earth recognizes that ALL SLAVE TRADERS acted despicably when purchasing already enslaved African tribes people from competing tribes.

"Africans started slavery - how it REALLY happened"
Published on Jul 14, 2008 by kaminari750

Personally I feel no shame or embarrassment for actions taken by a large population of evolving humans who came before me.

However, in today's much better educated world I am ashamed, embarrassed and angry that a large population of my fellow citizens REFUSE to recognize or "don't want to look bad" when IN FACT they are raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy newborns maturing into depressed, angry, hateful, emotionally troubled teen and adult citizens largely lacking compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful or less fortunate neighbors.

We can't change the past. though WE definitely can alter the future for our IMPERFECT, ever-evolving human species.

@_Who Is Raising Newborns.jpg
ATTN AMERICAN MOTHERS_2.jpg

Gabor Mate, Nadine Burke Harris, Bruce D, Perry.png

Peace ♥

Last edited:

Peace.

Peace to you as well.

The white ethos is we imagine we are wronged so we will use any means necessary until we feel that we have been righted. That has been the way whites have done things in America and the rest of the world knows it.

Whether you admit it or not.

Promise me becky you'll Get out of those white progressive suburbs every once and a while ... where they lick your feet ...:banana::auiqs.jpg:...ever consider attending a trump rally? :113:
Mexican strip mall restaurant full of white people celebrating diversity muh avocado dont count. Brazillian steakhouse across the street in the walmart parking ... that's also unacceptable ....you'll just give the local white nazi progressives a tingle when thier token walks in

Let's hug
:11_2_1043:

Promise me becky you'll Get out of those white progressive suburbs every once and a while ... where they lick your feet ...:banana::auiqs.jpg:...ever consider attending a trump rally? :113:
Mexican strip mall restaurant full of white people celebrating diversity muh avocado dont count. Brazillian steakhouse across the street in the walmart parking ... that's also unacceptable ....you'll just give the local white nazi progressives a tingle when thier token walks in

Let's hug
:11_2_1043:
Keep talking to your imaginary person. I'll keep laughing at you.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Peace.

Peace to you as well.

TVI, Respectfully, when writing or speaking about "Black" American Citizens, I really wish people would distinguish responsible, reasonably well-adjusted, Free-Thinking #AmericanCitizens, from illogical, #IntraRacialDiscrimination & HATE practicing #ProBlack American citizens!

In my opinion lumping all ALL American citizens of African descent into one group is illogical and UNFAIR to peaceful, responsible AoAD.

View attachment 307553

View attachment 307555
Peace.
I can respect that. You do not appear to be the typical bottom feeder. I wish I could say the same for IM2. He IS the stereotype.

Peace to you as well.

Forum List

Back