Prohibited Topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
Over the course of my membership here on USMB I've witnessed, been party to and welcomed the tolerance afforded to a wide range of discussions that have gotten out of hand or have focused on the taboo from the outset, which, if I'm honest, seems to be part of the appeal of this curious corner of the internet.

However, I was rather taken aback by the closure of a thread focusing on revisionism in the History forum. The content was incredibly tame and simply focused on an investigation carried-out by a legitimate, internationally recognised academic body; not some rabid neo-Nazis furthering their agenda against Jews. For those who aren't aware, Treblinka has always been a bone of contention among entirely legitimate scientist, engineers physicians etc. because of some of the rather spurious "witness testimonies" that surround its supposed infamy. Surely we should welcome investigations that contest historical accuracy, and not try to bury them or the results they may yield.

So, the question now stands: Are some topics other than the obvious and what's listed in the ToU off-limits? If so, could they be listed to avoid further confusion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
You can discuss whatever you want. The thread in question was closed because a Moderator made a judgement call.

Follow what few rules we have and your posts and threads will not be subject to judgement.

If you feel like you've been wrongly judged, PM another Moderator and open up a private discussion about it.

DO NOT OPEN UP A PUBLIC THREAD QUESTIONING THE MODERATION OF THIS BOARD.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/47455-usmb-rules-and-regulations.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back