Progressivism is incompatible with life

As a student of history, did you know that the term "progressive" was given to American POW's who had been "re-educated" during the Korea War? I recall learning of this on a documentary on various wars, tactics, spying etc.

The Chinese and North Koreans essentially brainwashed pilots and others who were captured and had them used as propaganda. It was the honest to God term that the Chinese proudly gave to the most ardent and committed believers of the Communist re-education, some even stayed in North Korea or China (I forgot which now) after the war and remained over there voluntarily.

Something to consider as the alt-left gets a little too strong for my liking.

Some terms that were once thought to be insults are now compliments. The term geek now means someone who is very adept with electronics, but about the time those pilots and others were being called progressive, the term geek referred to someone who bit the heads off of chickens and snakes for the entertainment of carnival audiences. See how language changes, and how dumb your remark is now?
/——/ Should we call abortion doctors who rip babies apart in the womb progressives or geeks?

Oh, yeah, a handful of social safety nets and an emphasis on helping young people get educated without going into crippling debt is incompatible with reality. Just a bunch of pie in the sky nonsense. :rolleyes:
/——/ The more the tax payers subsidize college tuition the higher the cost rises. Before the Gubmint got involved a 4 year degree from a state university was about $1,200. And you earned degree with actual market value. No gender studies.

As a student of history, did you know that the term "progressive" was given to American POW's who had been "re-educated" during the Korea War? I recall learning of this on a documentary on various wars, tactics, spying etc.

The Chinese and North Koreans essentially brainwashed pilots and others who were captured and had them used as propaganda. It was the honest to God term that the Chinese proudly gave to the most ardent and committed believers of the Communist re-education, some even stayed in North Korea or China (I forgot which now) after the war and remained over there voluntarily.

Something to consider as the alt-left gets a little too strong for my liking.

Some terms that were once thought to be insults are now compliments. The term geek now means someone who is very adept with electronics, but about the time those pilots and others were being called progressive, the term geek referred to someone who bit the heads off of chickens and snakes for the entertainment of carnival audiences. See how language changes, and how dumb your remark is now?
/——/ Should we call abortion doctors who rip babies apart in the womb progressives or geeks?
Call them what they are....murderers!

Compromise before it is too late.
Sorry snowflake...real Americans don’t “compromise” on their rights. They are far too precious and far too many people died to secure them. What a shame that you have such little regard for their sacrifice.

A semi automatic assault rifle is not a right.

In YOUR opinion. But I am given to understand that you are not a citizen of the United States. If that is true, your opinion doesn’t matter

Sorry snowflake...real Americans don’t “compromise” on their rights. They are far too precious and far too many people died to secure them. What a shame that you have such little regard for their sacrifice.

We especially don't "compromise" with people who think it means "admit that you're evil and give us everything we want, and MAYBE we won't burn you at the stake".

Insofar as "assault rifle" is a meaningless term, you're right. In the sense that it's a perfectly normal and common tool for hunting and self-defense, you're full of shit.

Insofar as "assault rifle" is a meaningless term, you're right. In the sense that it's a perfectly normal and common tool for hunting and self-defense, you're full of shit.

I'm noticing as they get bolder, they are admitting that they are wanting to get rid of semi-automatic rifles.

I'm noticing as they get bolder, they are admitting that they are wanting to get rid of semi-automatic rifles.

I think they think they've shoveled enough bullshit and misinformation into the public well to buffalo people into being scared of the word "automatic" in the phrase.

Upsets them to no end that the right insists on educating people on what "semi-automatic" actually means.

I think they think they've shoveled enough bullshit and misinformation into the public well to buffalo people into being scared of the word "automatic" in the phrase.

Upsets them to no end that the right insists on educating people on what "semi-automatic" actually means.

I think the believe they are being successful in their propaganda and are becoming more willing to admit their real goals.

Sweetie...a fully automatic weapon is a right. A grenade launcher is a right. A tank is a right.

At no time did the U.S. Constitution (or our founders) empower the government to own items which I could not own. Our government answers to the people - the people do not answer to the government. Only in ass backwards progressive land (where children literally tell adults what to do), do the inmates run the asylum.

You are so lost, confused, and uninformed about U.S. government and U.S. history that it is just tragic.

How about US dollar printing plates

How about printing plates for US one hundred dollar bills?

/

Sweetie...a fully automatic weapon is a right. A grenade launcher is a right. A tank is a right.

At no time did the U.S. Constitution (or our founders) empower the government to own items which I could not own. Our government answers to the people - the people do not answer to the government. Only in ass backwards progressive land (where children literally tell adults what to do), do the inmates run the asylum.

You are so lost, confused, and uninformed about U.S. government and U.S. history that it is just tragic.
So what about the printing plates for US dollars for US bonds and so on, could a citizen own them?

So what about the printing plates for US dollars for US bonds and so on, could a citizen own them?

There's a special level of stupid created by a leftist trying to be clever.

Absolutely! Are you kidding me? Of course they can own them. Now - just like a person who owns a gun can’t shoot people - a person who owns the printing plates can’t counterfeit money. But they can absolutely own those items.

There's a special level of stupid created by a leftist trying to be clever.
I just proved that you are 100% correct in my response to his stupid question in post #177.

Who cares? They aren't pertinent to the conversation because they are not arms? Do your own research.

I know a man who legally owns more than one of each: fully automatic firearms, RPGs, working tanks. He often fires them at targets on his property.

I have driven one of his tanks and fired its cannon. I have shot several magazines through one of his Thompson submachine guns. His local Sheriff was there and did the same.

Here's a Thompson video for your enjoyment.

Forum List

Back