Progressives By GB

Generation WE: A Generation 95 Million People Strong
receives the eric hofffer award,

Hoffer was born in the Bronx, New York City in 1902 (or possibly 1898), the son of Elsa (née Goebel) and Knut Hoffer, a cabinetmaker.[3] His parents were immigrants from Alsace. By the age of five, he could read in both German and English.[4][5] When he was age five, his mother fell down a flight of stairs with Eric in her arms. Hoffer went blind for unknown medical reasons two years later, but later in life he said he thought it might have been due to trauma. ("I lost my sight at the age of seven. Two years before, my mother and I fell down a flight of stairs. She did not recover and died in that second year after the fall.I lost my sight and for a time my memory").[6] After his mother's death he was raised by a live-in relative or servant, a German woman named Martha. His eyesight inexplicably returned when he was 15. Fearing he would again go blind, he seized upon the opportunity to read as much as he could for as long as he could. His eyesight remained, and Hoffer never abandoned his habit of voracious reading.
Hoffer was a young man when his father, a cabinetmaker, died. The cabinetmaker's union paid for the funeral and gave Hoffer a little over three hundred dollars. Sensing that warm Los Angeles was the best place for a poor man, Hoffer took a bus there in 1920. He spent the next 10 years on Los Angeles' skid row, reading, occasionally writing, and working odd jobs. On one such job, selling oranges door-to-door, he discovered he was a natural salesman and could easily make good money. Uncomfortable with this discovery, he quit after one day.[7]
In 1931, he attempted suicide by drinking a solution of oxalic acid, but the attempt failed as he could not bring himself to swallow the poison.[8] The experience gave him a new determination to live adventurously. It was then he left skid row and became a migrant worker. Following the harvests along the length of California, he collected library cards for each town near the fields where he worked and, living by preference, "between the books and the brothels." A seminal event for Hoffer occurred in the mountains where he had gone in search of gold. Snowed in for the winter, he read the Essays by Michel de Montaigne. Montaigne's book impressed Hoffer deeply, and he often made reference to its importance for him. He also developed a great respect for America's underclass, which, he declared, was "lumpy with talent."

Fuck hoffer.

He reminds me of this troll
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MaHRPt9bGw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bydxyur2Z5k[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJFasnht5f8[/ame]

Last edited:
Another quote from one of the idiots Glenn has on his show

NRO: What's the most interesting fact/story in American history no on knows?

Schweikart: Of course, everyone "knows" any story or we wouldn't know it, but I'd say one of the most impressive untold stories in the American past is that of the buffalo. Everyone "knows" that whites nearly exterminated the herds. That's true. What few people know — although these views are starting to gain a wider circulation — is that the Indians were on a trajectory to wipe out the bison herds had whites never been interfered. Shepard Kretch and Andrew Isenberg, in separate studies, have shown that the Indians were already killing buffalo slightly faster than herds could repopulate. But what is most fascinating is that it was white ranchers and businessmen who recognized that the herds were shrinking, and who acted to save them by breeding them on private ranches. Eventually it was these private herds that made up the stock of the famous Yellowstone herd.

NRO: What are some of the biggest lies in American history textbooks, in your estimation?

Schweikart: The two that stand out are that the New Deal "got us out of the Depression," which few texts say explicitly but which almost all strongly imply; and that it was reforms under Michael Gorbachev, not the efforts of Ronald Reagan, that ended the Cold War. We provide a chart that I have not seen anywhere else, which is a 50-year look at the New Deal: What did these programs look like 50 years down the road? Of course, they were all disasters. Social Security is in crisis; the farm subsidies had to be repealed; the FSLIC probably contributed to the S&L crash of the late 1970s and early 1980s; and so on.

NRO: Walter Matthau won six [battle] stars in World War II? Was he Walter Matthau then? Was this typical of Hollywood?

Schweikart: You got me as to how much of a leading man he was. He, like many, was early in his career — -their ages alone dictated that. But many already were established stars, and, yes, it was typical of Hollywood. Virtually all of the males in the movie industry went to war (many volunteered), and many saw
severe combat. We recount how Lee Marvin's unit lost all but five of almost 250 men (and, of course, Marvin survived). Telly Savalas was badly wounded. And on and on. John Wayne got an exemption for his large family, but he still made war propaganda movies. John Ford shot documentaries; Disney made propaganda cartoons. In short, all of Hollywood contributed to beat the Nazis. Look, today, at how far away from that model they've drifted, except for some welcome lights like Ron Silver and James Woods.

NRO: Who's the most rewritten/misunderstood/misremembered figure in our history?

Schweikart: This would have to be Silent Cal Coolidge. He was a president who had unparalleled prosperity and five years of peace and who had an unemployment rate of 1.4 percent, yet the history of his administration was largely written by liberals and New Dealers who hated him. As we see today with President Bush, they especially didn't like the fact that he wasn't a "party animal," and that he went to bed at a normal hour. Worse, he didn't talk to the press much — they really hate you for that!

Larry Schweikart on A Patriot's History of the United States on National Review Online

Truth or indoctrination?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBE5QAYXp8]YouTube - Story of Stuff, Full Version; How Things Work, About Stuff[/ame]

No 1 has no constructive analysis to support such a conclusion.

Nos 2 and 3 are interesting but unimportant. Most Americans know that WWII pulled America out of the economic depression (Schwkieart is dead wrong about the text books), and American celebrities in entertainment and sports really did their part. Jimmy Stewart flew 25 bomber missions (see "dark" side of his movies after 1945) and Bob Feller was a gun mount commander on a battleship for years.

No 4 is very true. President Coolidge was not a bad president. Read the histories about him, and they will talk about his incorruptability, his taciturnity, and his support for business. The contemporary press and academica had very little bad to say about him period.

Last edited:
Thanks Jake, its not a thread without you.

Don't matter, Mr. F, whether its right left or in between, but when something is being played wrongly for political gain, yeah, I am there. Don't like it. Who cares?

Please book mark this thread so you can bump it to help the progressives can explain what they are talking about in context.:lol:

Thanks Dr "in"for just wandering off ,rather than be beaten like a dead horse.
That is an excellent stylistic point.Please pass it along to your trogs

I didn't bother posting when I realized that you couldn't make your own arguments, and decided instead to post entire episodes of Glenn Beck's show.

You're not worth my time.

I didn't bother posting when I realized that you couldn't make your own arguments, and decided instead to post entire episodes of Glenn Beck's show.

You're not worth my time.

Really ?
I posted extensive arguments by Burton W. Folsom Jr. ,Ronald J. Pestritto ,Larry Schweikart
all of who are featured in the clips, and added my own opinion. I also included facts concerning the source of the so called "education" your family is providing.
Ive asked question you've avoided , and stumped you when I didnt want to.

Now please, just call some names and have a fit and stop acting like you have a rational argument.

There has been a lot of language back and forth about Progressivism .
I think this is a good place to find some common ground.
Try to watch the episode with an open mind and address the facts and not who is bringing them to the table.
]

You post videos of a certified drunkard and hater (Glenn Beck) and you have the unmitigated gall to ask others to have an open mind?

:whip::party::meow::happy-1:
yep

:cuckoo:

The Pentagon Shooter is no different than all the other Dante dumb fuck Terrorists we have seen, and will be seeing. One cannot live on the Dante fringe diet of hate, outrage and lunacy without eventually going over the deep end and killing people just because they disagree with you.

Dante agitators know this, but they believe a few terrorist acts are okay when they further the lunatic agenda that demonizes opposing view points
-Dante
:eusa_whistle:

Burton W. Folsom Jr. ,Ronald J. Pestritto ,Larry Schweikart? That would be like quoting Himmler on the relocation program to the east as sending the Jews to rest camps. Fitnah, your "experts" aren't. You have to use somebody who has something worthy to say.

Burton W. Folsom Jr. ,Ronald J. Pestritto ,Larry Schweikart? That would be like quoting Himmler on the relocation program to the east as sending the Jews to rest camps. Fitnah, your "experts" aren't. You have to use somebody who has something worthy to say.

Thanks jizz ,
I think Ill let their quotes speak for themselves.

We know your out there

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9852hq0W0&feature=related]YouTube - Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe[/ame]Lunatic fringe
I know you're out there
You're in hiding
And you hold your meetings
We can hear you coming
We know what you're after
We're wise to you this time
We won't let you kill the laughter.

Lunatic fringe
In the twilight's last gleaming
This is open season
But you won't get too far
We know you've got to blame someone
For your own confusion
But we're on guard this time
Against your final solution

We can hear you coming
(We can hear you coming)
No you're not going to win this time
We can hear the footsteps
(We can hear the footsteps)
Way out along the walkway
Lunatic fringe
We know you're out there
But in these new dark ages
There will still be light

An eye for an eye;
Well before you go under...
Can you feel the resistance?
Can you feel the thunder?

FYI

Notable progressives

source

Something and somebody there for everybody to hate, I suppose.

Thanks for not gilding the lily
stalin.jpg
hitler.jpg

Yeah they thought they were progressives, too, no doubt.

So does Obama, so did Bush II.

Everybody thinks THEY'RE for progress.

AS THEY define the word to mean, of course.

Stop thinking in labels and start looking hard at what people actually do.

Of course that demands that you pay attention, doesn't it?

And that's hard work studying what people are actually doing. That demands time and thinking things through.

Far easier to label people to hate or love without bothering to actually know the details of what's going on, isn't it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back