CDZ Programs opposed by Conservatives that were successes

I trust the EPA more when they tell me what is safe to release into the environment than I trust manufacturers to tell me .....Don’t worry, this stuff can’t hurt you

Didn't the EPA designate CO2 a toxin around 2009? Or did they only threaten?

Then, among the EPAs great accomplishments is this:
epa-caused-pollution-colorado-august-2015-cbs-news-M.jpg

Obama worked with Republicans on Stimulus and Healthcare
Begging them to participate
They all refused and not a single one voted for it

Democrats supported Bush programs
Can you name a single Obama program that Republicans voted for?

Liar.

Republicans were even locked out of the Obamacare meetings.

Stimulus, Failure
Cash for Junkers, Failure
Withdrawal of all our troops from Iraq, Failure
Obamacare, Failure
Why would anyone support programs destined for failure?
And the goes on....

You still fail to explain how you intend to turn Social Security into a savings plan without screwing the hundred million people expecting benefits

There is no way, of which I'm aware, to turn Social Security into a savings plan. Was anyone able to turn Bernie Madoff's Ponzi Scheme into a savings plan?

As I said before, incrementalism. Far left Progressive's pet system.

I trust the EPA more when they tell me what is safe to release into the environment than I trust manufacturers to tell me .....Don’t worry, this stuff can’t hurt you

Didn't the EPA designate CO2 a toxin around 2009? Or did they only threaten?

Then, among the EPAs great accomplishments is this:
epa-caused-pollution-colorado-august-2015-cbs-news-M.jpg
Who could believe anything as stupid as this post?

There are rivers in Illinois where you can eat the fish that live there now. And that’s because of the EPA.

Everything Republicans touch they ruin. I can’t think of any exceptions.

Where did I say we should do away with all regulations? Even you'll have to admit that blocking the use of water in California for the Delta Smelt, or whatever it is, is sheer insanity.

As for, "everything Republicans touch, they ruin, that's even beneath you. Look at all the great things which have happened in just the past two years!

As for...the past.

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

You still fail to explain how you intend to turn Social Security into a savings plan without screwing the hundred million people expecting benefits

Which part of shut down other failing democrat programs and use that money to pay present recipients are you unable to understand?

Not a Ponzi scheme when the investment is covered

Still looking for an answer on how you can abandon SS

It most certainly is a Ponzi Scheme. It didn't start out that way, but it is one today.

It became a ponzi scheme when democrats decided that it would be a great idea to put the social security trust fund in the general fund so that they could use it to pay for other failed government programs

Let’s look at gays before gay rights legislation
They were routinely beaten up by rednecks who would say...... that fag tried to grope me so I hit him
They were afraid to admit they were gay because they would lose their jobs
If they were in the military they could get arrested
They could not marry the person they loved
What were you saying about cakes?
Fine so you isolated a particular instance of injustice. All they had to do is not go around telling people they were gay or acting overtly queer and they could avoid 90% of all that! Don't you see, EVERYONE goes through things like that in one way, time or another, all the law has done is elevate them now to a SPECIAL CLASS while ignoring the problems of 10,000 other situations! Worse, it has now foisted some of the injustice they used to face now onto the laps of other people. The law solved nothing but move things around. Had it not been for the new special gay laws, a religious couple trying to merely run a quiet bakery could have protected their own religious interests and a gay couple would have merely said, Oh well, we'll go try the bakery two blocks down the street, instead, it became a FEDERAL matter costing people hundreds of thousands of dollars and almost costing them their lives and business!

All the "law" has done is create a BIGGER problem for a new set of people. Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have. And now many gays are leveraging that power against those they don't like. Government solves everything by force with threat of a gun. You never really solve anything that way and now a new problem simply exists for more people than before, meantime all other problems for other people have been ignored. The idea that you can solve everything with a new law has only led us to a gigantic, oppressive government and an over-regulated society.

"Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have."

I don't see any "special status" or "power"

Personally I don't think ANY like-minded group of Americans should have "special status" or "power". Not even conservative christians or white males.
EPA set strict standards
Yea , we know it saves you money dumping your contaminants directly in the river

It has been a major success
I remember pre 1970 America

No one has a problem with strict standards. They do have a problem with unreasonable standards. There always has to be a cost/benefit analysis done when enacting these regulations. The eco-zealots have went beyond reasonable.

Mark

Benefits over how long a period?
Costs are short term. Environmental impacts can be lasting

Come on. You truly don't believe that spending billions on iota's is logical, do you?

Mark

If you had ever run a business, you might think differently.

Mark
We are under no obligation to help you make money by poisoning the environment

But....but....it only hurts a little

Which part of shut down other failing democrat programs and use that money to pay present recipients are you unable to understand?
About what I expected from you

Where did I say we should do away with all regulations? Even you'll have to admit that blocking the use of water in California for the Delta Smelt, or whatever it is, is sheer insanity.

As for, "everything Republicans touch, they ruin, that's even beneath you. Look at all the great things which have happened in just the past two years!

As for...the past.

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg
Amazing that you have to go back 50 years to find when Republicans enacted anything to help people

Can you name a single RECENT program that Republicans enacted that helped poor and working Americans more than it helped the rich?

Fine so you isolated a particular instance of injustice. All they had to do is not go around telling people they were gay or acting overtly queer and they could avoid 90% of all that! Don't you see, EVERYONE goes through things like that in one way, time or another, all the law has done is elevate them now to a SPECIAL CLASS while ignoring the problems of 10,000 other situations! Worse, it has now foisted some of the injustice they used to face now onto the laps of other people. The law solved nothing but move things around. Had it not been for the new special gay laws, a religious couple trying to merely run a quiet bakery could have protected their own religious interests and a gay couple would have merely said, Oh well, we'll go try the bakery two blocks down the street, instead, it became a FEDERAL matter costing people hundreds of thousands of dollars and almost costing them their lives and business!

All the "law" has done is create a BIGGER problem for a new set of people. Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have. And now many gays are leveraging that power against those they don't like. Government solves everything by force with threat of a gun. You never really solve anything that way and now a new problem simply exists for more people than before, meantime all other problems for other people have been ignored. The idea that you can solve everything with a new law has only led us to a gigantic, oppressive government and an over-regulated society.

"Gays are not normal, but we've decided to accept them. But they should not be given a special status with power over us that other people don't have."

Personally I don't think ANY like-minded group of Americans should have "special status" or "power". Not even conservative christians or white males.
No one has a problem with strict standards. They do have a problem with unreasonable standards. There always has to be a cost/benefit analysis done when enacting these regulations. The eco-zealots have went beyond reasonable.

Mark

Come on. You truly don't believe that spending billions on iota's is logical, do you?

Mark

Mark

Just how many businesses do you think actually "poison " the environment? Was Gibson poisoning it by making guitars bodies out of legal exotic wood? Were any of the people who had their land and property seized from them and not allowed to build their house on it because the EPA decided their property had some obscure, minuscule environmental issue poisoning the property? Who knows better than the government how much they like that tax revenue from businesses? Who better than the government knows more about mass murder of people, polluting everything and ecological disasters?

Social security....how many millions have benefited.

How many millions live in poverty because the government took their money to force them to participate in the program but doesn't give enough back to live a comfortable life?

Mark

Mark

Just how many businesses do you think actually "poison " the environment? Was Gibson poisoning it by making guitars bodies out of legal exotic wood? Were any of the people who had their land and property seized from them and not allowed to build their house on it because the EPA decided their property had some obscure, minuscule environmental issue poisoning the property? Who knows better than the government how much they like that tax revenue from businesses? Who better than the government knows more about mass murder of people, polluting everything and ecological disasters?

Environmental Science is a complex topic
There are many interactions and consequences that are not immediately evident to the layman

I trust the EPA to protect us more than I trust manufacturers

Mark

Mark

There are many interactions and consequences that are not immediately evident to the layman

You trust big government, period. Manufacturing only makes up a small percentage of business affected by the EPA. You trust the same big government that history shows a repeated and constant abuser of its power in every worst way. I'm all for some common sense regulations and policing, but the EPA has become a tyrannical autocratic police state.

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Americans with Disabilities Act
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Conservatives fought tooth and nail against all of them but they have proven to be such successes that even Republicans support them today

and end to slavery
an end to jim crow
an end to separate but equal
no more back of the bus
no more christian indoctrination in public schools.

and even conservatives would vote for a WOMAN (palin) or a BLACK (herman caine)

Conservatives have become very liberal!

They even have sex outside of marriage.....!

and some of them smoke pot!

Or maybe we're what we always were, and you're shocked because you believed your stereotypes instead of actually getting to know some conservative people.

We are not responsible for enforcing your biases.

Mark

You trust big government, period. Manufacturing only makes up a small percentage of business affected by the EPA. You trust the same big government that history shows a repeated and constant abuser of its power in every worst way. I'm all for some common sense regulations and policing, but the EPA has become a tyrannical autocratic police state.

A Government if the people, by the people and for the people

It became a ponzi scheme when democrats decided that it would be a great idea to put the social security trust fund in the general fund so that they could use it to pay for other failed government programs

Not so.

When was Social Security put into the general fund?

The Social Security Trust Fund was established in 1939 to receive monies collected for Social Security through payroll taxes. The monies in this fund are managed by the Department of the Treasury; they are not, nor have they ever been, put into the "general operating fund."

However, the Social Security Act specifies that the monies in the fund may "be invested in securities backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal government," such as treasury bills, treasury notes, and treasury bonds, as well as special issue bonds. So, essentially, the government can "invest" Social Security funds by lending them to itself, then spending that money on programs not related to Social Security (e.g., defense, foreign aid, education). This has always been the case.

During the Johnson administration, Social Security and other Federal programs that operate through trust funds were counted officially in the budget. This did not mean that it was actually part of the general fund, rather that it was finally recorded as part of the budget.

When was Social Security put into the general fund

Amazing that you have to go back 50 years to find when Republicans enacted anything to help people

Can you name a single RECENT program that Republicans enacted that helped poor and working Americans more than it helped the rich?

So painfully characteristic of my far left Progressive friends. It HAS to be a PROGRAM, which means other people's money if it is to help POOR AND WORKING AMERICANS.

Other than a PROGRAM, the election of President Donald Trump has helped the POOR AND WORKING AMERICANS.

As you grudgingly must agree, we have the lowest unemployment in many decades with millions of more jobs available than workers to fill them. That is causing wages to increase ahead of our very, very low inflation. Millions have also gone from welfare and food stamps to payrolls. Another great sign. One other indicator would be the Labor Participation Rate. Having plunged during the entire failed administration of former President Barack Hussein Obama.

2019-03-09-L.jpg

A rising tide raises all ships!

So painfully characteristic of my far left Progressive friends. It HAS to be a PROGRAM, which means other people's money if it is to help POOR AND WORKING AMERICANS.

Other than a PROGRAM, the election of President Donald Trump has helped the POOR AND WORKING AMERICANS.

As you grudgingly must agree, we have the lowest unemployment in many decades with millions of more jobs available than workers to fill them. That is causing wages to increase ahead of our very, very low inflation. Millions have also gone from welfare and food stamps to payrolls. Another great sign. One other indicator would be the Labor Participation Rate. Having plunged during the entire failed administration of former President Barack Hussein Obama.

2019-03-09-L.jpg

A rising tide raises all ships!
Cop out

Trump has ignored the needs of the poor and working class .....cutting healthcare, education funding, Schip

The rising tide has raised the yachts

Forum List

Back