Procreation and Marriage: A Poll

Are those who can't naturally procreate eligible for legal marriage?

• Total voters

bodecea

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Will.Trade.Racists.For.Refugees
There have been quite a few posts in the last few weeks going on and on about how gays cannot naturally procreate. Some posters have even hung their entire anti-gay marriage argument on the procreation issue. However no one can show any state requirement of procreation-ability to obtain a marriage license.

Ok, Procreation-ability. Having children the "natural" way. Not everyone can procreate naturally for one reason or another. Those who don't want children continue on with their lives as a childless couple. Those who want children have them in other ways....invitro, surrogate, adoption.

My poll is about those people.....are they worthy of legal marriage or not. Vote. Thank you in advance. :D

There have been quite a few posts in the last few weeks going on and on about how gays cannot naturally procreate. Some posters have even hung their entire anti-gay marriage argument on the procreation issue. However no one can show any state requirement of procreation-ability to obtain a marriage license.

Ok, Procreation-ability. Having children the "natural" way. Not everyone can procreate naturally for one reason or another. Those who don't want children continue on with their lives as a childless couple. Those who want children have them in other ways....invitro, surrogate, adoption.

My poll is about those people.....are they worthy of legal marriage or not. Vote. Thank you in advance. :D

my husband's grandmother married a man she met in a nursing home (her first husband had died, obviously). i'm pretty sure there was no thought to them procreating.

and given rates of infertility, i'm pretty sure no one is denying people marriage certificates based on infertility or a desire to not have children.

Marriage is about choosing who you want to spend your life with. As long as it is another consenting adult then that is all that matters.

Parenthood is about raising children. Anyone can become a parent without necessarily being married. Single people can adopt or use in vitro methods.

So the argument that marriage is about procreation is null and void.

Marriage is about choosing who you want to spend your life with. As long as it is another consenting adult then that is all that matters.

Parenthood is about raising children. Anyone can become a parent without necessarily being married. Single people can adopt or use in vitro methods.

but it suits the purpose of certain people who think they should impose their religious beliefs on the rest of us.

Real parent if straight (normal) - real parent if gay (abnormal).

There are normal parents and there are abnormal parents. It should be a parent's number one priority to live a normal life so as to 1) send a proper message to a child and to be a good example and 2) to avoid embarrassing the child in a world vastly made up of normal, male/female parents. Sending mixed messages will result in mixed emotions.

If their argument is that gay people shouldn't marry because they cannot naturally procreate, then it is only fair that straight couples who cannot naturally procreate be banned from marrying.

As far as i recall...there were no stipulations in our marriage license application asking if we planned to have children.

the only thing required to obtain a license was a blood test and paying the fee.

True.

Marriage is also a contract between two equal partners, same- or opposite-sex – where the ability to procreate is not a precondition to enter into that contract.

Sex is the traditional way to consummate a marriage, since gay can only engage in sodomy the marriage can't be consummated. Simple biological fact.

That this question needs to be asked illustrates how far gone things are. When people conceived the idea of sanctioned marriages they didn't think it would need to be explained that it was relative to creating families. Like drivers licenses are for driving. Should that be subject to interpretation, too?

I did not marry any of my wives to be brood mares. I like kids I just have never wanted my own, I am far to selfish for that.

There are normal parents and there are abnormal parents. It should be a parent's number one priority to live a normal life so as to 1) send a proper message to a child and to be a good example and 2) to avoid embarrassing the child in a world vastly made up of normal, male/female parents. Sending mixed messages will result in mixed emotions.

normal is subjective. and sexuality is what it is. your determination is irrelevant. and if you want to go there, i think there are far more "abnormal" things a parent can be.... like a bigot.

Sex is the traditional way to consummate a marriage, since gay can only engage in sodomy the marriage can't be consummated. Simple biological fact.

In this day and age, sex shouldn't have to consummate a marriage. Marriage is marriage, period.

A real parent gives their child unconditional love.

An abnormal parent tries to impose their own bigoted beliefs on their child.

The suicide/runaway rate amongst gay children can be directly attributed to the lack of acceptance of who they are by their bigoted judgmental parents.

Ah...So Bill Clinton really didn't "have sex with that woman" eh?

Penetration of a vagina by a penis is not a requirement for civil marriage...just like procreation is not.

Sodomy is an act of sexual intercourse. Furthermore under US laws oral sex is also defined as sodomy. If you have ever engaged in oral sex that would make you a sodomite.

Sodomy

Anal or oral intercourse between human beings, or any sexual relations between a human being and an animal, the act of which may be punishable as a criminal offense.

The word sodomy acquired different meanings over time. Under the Common Law, sodomy consisted of anal intercourse. Traditionally courts and statutes referred to it as a "crime against nature" or as copulation "against the order of nature." In the United States, the term eventually encompassed oral sex as well as anal sex.

sodomy legal definition of sodomy. sodomy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Sodomy is an act of sexual intercourse. Furthermore under US laws oral sex is also defined as sodomy. If you have ever engaged in oral sex that would make you a sodomite.

Sodomy

Anal or oral intercourse between human beings, or any sexual relations between a human being and an animal, the act of which may be punishable as a criminal offense.

The word sodomy acquired different meanings over time. Under the Common Law, sodomy consisted of anal intercourse. Traditionally courts and statutes referred to it as a "crime against nature" or as copulation "against the order of nature." In the United States, the term eventually encompassed oral sex as well as anal sex.

sodomy legal definition of sodomy. sodomy synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Hip hip hooray! Three cheers for sodomy!!!!

Forum List

Back