Pro Obama threads: 0 Hate Republican threads: 10

You are right gramps. The amount of hatred the left is able to generate is staggering. Of course they have tax exempt organizations like Media Matters to stoke the flames.

• Banned
According to MTP this morning its all about the "WHITE" middle class working voter.

Funny, I thought it was about a message for ALL Americans.

Race, race, race

Disgusting

What's to be pro Obama about? $16,000,000,000,000 debt, record deficits, inflation, $5 gas, housing market off 40%, 40,000,000 unemployed.....

Why do you think the left is so focused on rubbers and gay marriage? Obama's record is so abysmal that he can only lie the few occasions he actually has the balls to mention the economy.

I would qualify as one of those people who wouldn't go out of my way to praise Obama but might complain about republicans. Obama seems to me like he's been an OK leader, as leaders go. Not great, not horrible. It really is hard to look bad when you're following you-know-who. Not to "blame" that guy, but man, that was a rough stretch with a lot of dead bodies in his wake.

Why is it easy and tempting to complain about the republicans? Where shall I begin?

While liberals favor all sorts of things that are indirectly harmful, ineffective and sometimes just nutty, there are some things that have worked their way into mainstream republican ideology that are really troubling as well as insanely contradictory within even a vague set of basic principals. One thing that makes me shake my head is the honest to goodness support of unleashing our military on civilians on the Mexican border. It's one of the most vile things I can imagine decent people advocating for and yet there is a lot of support for that on the right. Another thing that comes to mind is the endless carrying on about helping other people. Recently, there was an outcry on the right about sending food aid to N. Korea. Aside from any political considerations, I heard con after con ask "why don't feed our own people with this food?" Of course, some may recall that in the 80's, Ronald Reagan worked out a deal with farm subsidies to do just that: send US surplus out to our own needy. The "government cheese" program. It actually included more than cheese, things like peanut butter too, that we stock pile and often let rot in warehouses, that we buy with subsidies and price supports. When Reagan made the common sense call to supplement poor folks tables with this food, republicans SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER. They roasted their own guy for trying to help the poor. Now, we often pay farmers to pour milk in the ditch, plow crops back into the ground or NOT to grow food at all. The sad fact is that republicans make less noise about paying for food to throw it away or let it rot, than do about giving it to hungry people. So long as it appears that no one got a free meal. All the while, we make certain a few billion in Foreign aid is spent on weapons. I know that these things are about more than just the surface subjects of feeding people, there is some pretty heavy duty politics behind it, but these are the sort of things that just really look bad, heartless and callous on republicans. And it doesn't take some round about, twisted logic to explain why it's bad or how it hurts people. They yanked food off American tables. And when we try to send our surplus elsewhere, they cry out "why don't we feed our own?"

There are plenty of complaints to be made on anyone. But the conservative crowd, on the surface, often makes itself look like a bunch of greedy, heartless, self centered jerks.

But maybe it's just me.

Quite telling about Obama

That is what we do on this board....attack the other side

When was the last time you saw a pro-Romney thread or a pro-gingrich thread?

Paulites are the only ones who post positive threads about their man

That's a good point actually. Maybe the only ones who are crazy enough to think positively about any politician are those who support Jefferson Davis Paul.

Quite telling about Obama

That is what we do on this board....attack the other side

When was the last time you saw a pro-Romney thread or a pro-gingrich thread?

Paulites are the only ones who post positive threads about their man

It was just an observation of the last week or so. I'd say the average voter doesn't give a rats ass about Rush or Maher. But you guys are obsessed with the trivial. Is that an accurate reflection of Obamas supporters? Obsessing over issues no one gives a damn about?

Forum List

Back