Mayor: Health care costs 'killing us' Richmond shops for new plan after 2011 claims

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
topped $6 million, leaving less than $51K in cash reserves
11:21 PM, Mar. 10, 2012

Richmond city officials have begun the search for affordable health insurance for city employees in 2013.

Some wonder if there is such a thing in the U.S. anymore?

Faced with soaring health care costs, costs that have bled city coffers almost dry, officials are looking to hire a consultant to start the process to find the cheapest rates and the best deals.

The city is currently self insured, as is Wayne County and Richmond Community Schools. With self insurance, the city collects payment from employees for health care coverage and uses that money to pay medical claims and other costs.

read more Mayor: Health care costs 'killing us' | Palladium-Item | pal-item.com

They could always follow the Republican Plan:

"Let Him Die!"

Richmond city officials have begun the search for affordable health insurance for city employees in 2013.

Faced with soaring health care costs, costs that have bled city coffers almost dry, officials are looking to hire a consultant to start the process to find the cheapest rates and the best deals.

The city is currently self insured, as is Wayne County and Richmond Community Schools. With self insurance, the city collects payment from employees for health care coverage and uses that money to pay medical claims and other costs.

I have the perfect solution the left swears by and even makes it a national issue.

Require more freebees from insurance.

It has to work even the Stalin-Grads here will agree.

The results of Obama playing politics with America's health and energy, by creating something that so far has just trickled into play, where as in a strategical timed out way, he figured that he would allow things or push things to slowly develope, and just in the nick of time, so he could say, this is what I am doing (not have done) for this and for that, now re-elect me another 4 years. Meanwhile his playing around has cost main street so much hardship that it just isn't funny. Wake up America!

I heard him on TV a minute ago, stumping and saying "I want equal pay for women, and this for an equal days worth of work"...How long has any canidate or politician been running that line during an election, and are still running that line, but has much changed in that area of womens lives over time ?

It is just a feel good issue to do battle with, but when they get into office, nothing much changes if anything at all.

Paul Ryan's Plan:

HERE

Haven't they disowned everything that made it into Obama's reforms? Kind of rules out the vast majority of that link.
Whom are they...Let us climb over that hurdle first...

The right, but more specifically the GOP.

I haven't heard any of them acknowledge that there's a tremendous amount in Obama's ACA that they like, including provisions Paul Ryan and others had incorporated into their own health reform proposals shortly before the ACA was unveiled. Are you willing to admit that?

Haven't they disowned everything that made it into Obama's reforms? Kind of rules out the vast majority of that link.

I haven't heard any of them acknowledge that there's a tremendous amount in Obama's ACA that they like, including provisions Paul Ryan and others had incorporated into their own health reform proposals shortly before the ACA was unveiled. Are you willing to admit that?
When you can dicuss it sans party? Come back.:eusa_hand:

You posted Paul Ryan's old Roadmap. Are you endorsing its provisions? Specifically:

• State-based exchanges
  • High-risk pools
  • Statutory benefit standards
  • Guaranteed issue rules for insurance policies
  • Risk adjustment between insurance plans
  • Transparent price and quality data
  • New purchasing options for small businesses
  • Support for health information technology
  • Assistance to states in establishing solutions to medical tort litigation

Are these the things you wanted out of health reform?

You posted Paul Ryan's old Roadmap. Are you endorsing its provisions? Specifically:

• State-based exchanges
  • High-risk pools
Frankly? I want Government OUT of the scene...albiet TORT reform would be nice...loser pays would cut back on such a litigious society, and bend it back toward responsibility of the individual.

• State-based exchanges
  • High-risk pools

You nailed it much better than me. This is what I was going to post:

-----------------------------------

DID YOU FUCKING READ YOUR DAMN LINK?????????????????

When he talks about "universal health care", he's saying everyone should be allowed to BUY health care. Fucktard, everyone has always been ALLOWED to buy health care. IF YOU HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY. And if you've lost your job or your child is sick? Then what?

---------------------------------------------

Your post is much more sensible. But I think it may be a little detailed for the Teanut Gallery. Sometimes it actually works better to talk them in their dialect. Using words and phrases they are familiar with. Most of which I learned here exchanging posts. I was thinking of putting together a manual of right wing phrases and word combinations and their translation into "English". I'll have to give it some thought.

• State-based exchanges
  • High-risk pools

You nailed it much better than me. This is what I was going to post:

-----------------------------------

DID YOU FUCKING READ YOUR DAMN LINK?????????????????

When he talks about "universal health care", he's saying everyone should be allowed to BUY health care. Fucktard, everyone has always been ALLOWED to buy health care. IF YOU HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY. And if you've lost your job or your child is sick? Then what?

---------------------------------------------

Your post is much more sensible. But I think it may be a little detailed for the Teanut Gallery. Sometimes it actually works better to talk them in their dialect. Using words and phrases they are familiar with. Most of which I learned here exchanging posts. I was thinking of putting together a manual of right wing phrases and word combinations and their translation into "English". I'll have to give it some thought.

Ryan has a plan that calls for sacrifice from everyone...not just select groups the left likes to coddle...and it has to happen sooner or later.

Kicking the can down the road is no longer an option. We're broke.

• State-based exchanges
  • High-risk pools
Frankly? I want Government OUT of the scene...albiet TORT reform would be nice...loser pays would cut back on such a litigious society, and bend it back toward responsibility of the individual.

Does that mean you don't like Ryan's health reform proposals?

Health care is going to be a thing of the past only left for those who can afford it, a very small percentage of the country. The rest of us had better not get sick. Neither party is concerned about it. Simply getting the gov't out of it is a start but there needs to be a WHOLE WHOLE LOT more driving prices down by 50 percent or more, yes 50 percent. If that isnt reasonable then yes there will be riots in the streets. Good.

Forum List

Back