Pro-abortion? Why?

If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times, I'd like to know why you think this is important.

I am NOT interested in whether you think abortion is "moral" or "immoral", only in why you feel access to abortion as a health service is necessary.

This is not a "trick question", I want honest answers.

Flamers will be reported and ignored.

I have debated the abortion issue for so long, I can easily argue just about every side of the issue. Usually, even better than my opponents can.

There are several reason for why pro-aborts demand and defend legal abortions the way they do.

1. They are fully invested in the belief / denial of the fact that an abortion kills a child.
2. Some percentage has either had an abortion or has been a participant in some way. (they do not want to be convinced that they have blood on their hands)
3. Convenience and responsibility (and / or the lack there of) - They are so convinced that Legalized Abortion (whether it denies and kills children or not) is a net benefit to society. . . . they are deaf to anything and everything that challenges that belief.
4. They know that changing sides and fighting abortion would cost them friends, relationships, etc.and their escape is to just make BS claims like they PERSONALLY don't like abortion but they would never tell another what to do. . . . (again, oblivious about the child involved)
5. They have a hatred of religion and (idiotically) they associate all who oppose abortion with a religious agenda.

I can think of others but those are the reasons I see most.

Your strange beliefs remind me of the “Quiverfull” Movement.

Psalm 127 states: “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.” A quiver, in the old English sense of the word, is a case for holding arrows.

My Family Was On A TLC Reality Show. Here's The Dark Secret That Never Aired

Last edited:
I have debated the abortion issue for so long, I can easily argue just about every side of the issue. Usually, even better than my opponents can.

There are several reason for why pro-aborts demand and defend legal abortions the way they do.

1. They are fully invested in the belief / denial of the fact that an abortion kills a child.
2. Some percentage has either had an abortion or has been a participant in some way. (they do not want to be convinced that they have blood on their hands)
3. Convenience and responsibility (and / or the lack there of) - They are so convinced that Legalized Abortion (whether it denies and kills children or not) is a net benefit to society. . . . they are deaf to anything and everything that challenges that belief.
4. They know that changing sides and fighting abortion would cost them friends, relationships, etc.and their escape is to just make BS claims like they PERSONALLY don't like abortion but they would never tell another what to do. . . . (again, oblivious about the child involved)
5. They have a hatred of religion and (idiotically) they associate all who oppose abortion with a religious agenda.

Psalm 127 states: “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.” A quiver, in the old English sense of the word, is a case for holding arrows.

I have nothing to say about your intellectual shortcomings.

Except, THANKS for proving me at least partially right. (#5)

You anti-choice psychos are a menace to women.

Democrats Give Hangers, Bleach To Republicans After Vote To Ban Early Abortions

Georgia's controversial House Bill 481 would outlaw abortions from the moment a fetus' heartbeat is detected.

Georgia's controversial House Bill 481 would outlaw abortions from the moment a fetus' heartbeat is detected.

Fully invested = foolishy invested.

You have illustrated that fact, very well.

If I am to be attacked, belittled and ridiculed for defending the children and their rights that YOU deny?

So be it.

I will wear your attacks like a badge of honor.

If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times, I'd like to know why you think this is important.

I am NOT interested in whether you think abortion is "moral" or "immoral", only in why you feel access to abortion as a health service is necessary.

It’s an individual rights issue, a privacy rights issue, and a limiting the power and authority of the state issue.

There are personal, private matter solely the purview of private individuals immune from attack by the state, such as the decision whether to have a child or not.

A woman and her doctor are best suited to make such a decision, not government.

If you feel strongly that abortion should be available to all women at all times
Let's get the terms straight, to avoid further quackery by you:

That's not "pro-abortion". It's "pro-choice".

Just as wanting to ban abortion is not, "pro-life", it's 'anti-choice". Pro-life is your standard for making your own decisions. "anti-choice" is you opposing others being able to make their own choice.

So, someone can be "anti-abortion", yet still, "pro-choice".
Correct.

It’s perfectly appropriate and consistent to oppose abortion while also defending the privacy rights of women.

Women have many reasons for choosing an abortion: rape, incest, survival, mental/physical/financial health.
This is the closest anyone has come to answering my question, but it seems to be a sweeping rather than personal answer.

I find it odd that anyone takes exception to the "pro" prefix. I have no issue at all with stating I am "anti-abortion", and obviously the "pro" designation doesn't mean "everyone should get an abortion" as some here insinuate.

I can tell you why I am anti-abortion, but as I stated in Post #1 that's not my interest.

I'm just curious why people think abortion should be available to everyone at all times. If you accidentally cut yourself with a chain saw, you want the damage fixed so you'll heal, not be disabled, not get an infection and die, any number of reasons. You get an inflamed appendix removed so it won't rupture and kill you.

So why do any here want abortion available to all? What are the reasons? Has no one ever thought of this?

Why is access to abortion such a popular and volatile issue, when no one on the "pro" side seems to have any reasons?
Your question has been answered several times – that you don’t like or understand the responses is on you.

There are personal, private matter solely the purview of private individuals immune from attack by the state, such as the decision whether to have a child or not.

Newsflash sparky. . .

If a woman is pregnant, she already has a child.

with child

Answer your invite to the Bull Ring, sparky.

Last edited:

Newsflash sparky. . .

If a woman is pregnant, she already has a child.

with child

Answer your invite to the Bull Ring, sparky.
Those who oppose abortion are at complete liberty to seek to end the practice, no one is stopping them – provided any solutions comport with privacy rights jurisprudence and Constitutional case law.

I'll give you one.

Because whether or not it is illegal, women will get abortions. Countries that have tried to ban abortion, including this one, have failed miserably, as underground abortion services just fill in the need.

So it's really kind of better to have it all above board, than having women get maimed by sleazy operators with no supervision or standards.

No one is Pro Abortion....Rather...should Government be dictating something to a woman that involves her body and her conscious.

Well, no, you just repeat the same anti-choice propaganda until the other side gives up and goes home.

Yes people get offended when you call them murderers because they got rid of a glob of meat in their hoo-ha. Imagine that.

Of course, it's a benefit... it's that many women who don't get mauled by bad providers. On that other thread, I gave you a real world example of the country you want to see, that being the Philippines, where they have hundreds of thousands of illegal abortions and nearly 2 million unwanted children.

Fetuses aren't children. If they were, little globsters would have more rights than the women they are in.

Um, yeah, it's usually the religious nuts trying to impose their morality on the rest of us.

I'll give you the main one. The One Percent uses abortion to keep stupid people like you distracted from their slow demolishing of the middle class. It's why the rich always get their tax cuts but abortion never gets banned.

Pro contraception....then again everybody with half a brain is. Not pro abortion. More pregnancies need to be prevented to stop abortion.

Thanks for jumping in, Chuz Life

To the rest so far, I'll have to admit I'm surprised at the lack of responses. I expected that if people really were okay with abortion, they wouldn't have a problem citing such reasons as "unwanted change in lifestyle", "can't afford to raise a child", or even rape. But instead - and even though I specifically excluded it - morality seems to be everyone's platform.

Is this telling? I think so. Those who allegedly believe that abortion does not take a life still approach the practice only from a defensive position. Some immediately tagged me with a "religious" label, apparently so they could dismiss me as a "nut". Others attempt to "prove" that a fetus is not human, which is not even remotely an answer to my question. Seriously, do they believe abortion should be available merely because "a fetus is not a life"? Again, that wasn't my question.

I'm confident that I've spelled out my request in the clearest possible terms, and at this point I'll have to (reluctantly) agree that the responses given by Chuz Life are most likely the truth. Those on the "pro" side of this issue seem to be, for whatever reason, socially invested in abortion, and are utterly unable to justify themselves personally. Their only reason seems to be "You are wrong to be anti-abortion" - and that's rather sad.

By the way . Most anti abortion people are also pro death penalty . So spare me the sanctimonious lectures on the sanctity of life .
So what did that child do to deserve death? Hardly the same thing as putting a murderer down.

It's not a child, and it's not alive. To refer to a zygote or a fetus as a "child". It is potentially a child, but it is a fallacy to define it as a "child" who is able to live and breathe on their own.

It is the parent's decision whether or not they can afford to have a child or increase the size of their family. Unless this is your child and your life, you have no stake in this decision. The decision to have a child is the most serious and unchangeable decision a woman can make.

Those who oppose a woman's right to make such a private and personal decision without interference from the state and from others who have no stake in the outcome, would literally make women slaves to their biology.

To the rest so far, I'll have to admit I'm surprised at the lack of responses. I expected that if people really were okay with abortion, they wouldn't have a problem citing such reasons as "unwanted change in lifestyle", "can't afford to raise a child", or even rape. But instead - and even though I specifically excluded it - morality seems to be everyone's platform.

Is this telling? I think so. Those who allegedly believe that abortion does not take a life still approach the practice only from a defensive position. Some immediately tagged me with a "religious" label, apparently so they could dismiss me as a "nut". Others attempt to "prove" that a fetus is not human, which is not even remotely an answer to my question. Seriously, do they believe abortion should be available merely because "a fetus is not a life"? Again, that wasn't my question.

I'm confident that I've spelled out my request in the clearest possible terms, and at this point I'll have to (reluctantly) agree that the responses given by Chuz Life are most likely the truth. Those on the "pro" side of this issue seem to be, for whatever reason, socially invested in abortion, and are utterly unable to justify themselves personally. Their only reason seems to be "You are wrong to be anti-abortion" - and that's rather sad.
Nonsense.

You posted this in Politics – and the responses you’ve received are perfectly appropriate and warranted as privacy rights is a political and legal issue.

Yes like like I mean so what, just kill the baby. It the right thing to do.

By the way . Most anti abortion people are also pro death penalty . So spare me the sanctimonious lectures on the sanctity of life .
So what did that child do to deserve death? Hardly the same thing as putting a murderer down.

It's not a child, and it's not alive. To refer to a zygote or a fetus as a "child". It is potentially a child, but it is a fallacy to define it as a "child" who is able to live and breathe on their own.

It is the parent's decision whether or not they can afford to have a child or increase the size of their family. Unless this is your child and your life, you have no stake in this decision. The decision to have a child is the most serious and unchangeable decision a woman can make.

Those who oppose a woman's right to make such a private and personal decision without interference from the state and from others who have no stake in the outcome, would literally make women slaves to their biology.
Which is why the Constitution prohibits the states from compelling women to give birth against their will.

The right to privacy ensures that each individual may determine such matters in accordance with his own good conscience and good faith – such as when life begins, what his religion teaches, and one's self-developed concept of morality absent unwarranted interference from government.

Nonsense.

You posted this in Politics – and the responses you’ve received are perfectly appropriate and warranted as privacy rights is a political and legal issue.
We're not giving him the half cracked responses he thought up himself.

Forum List

Back