Privatizing the War in Afghanistan

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A-29-B-768x521.jpg

To replace Marine F-18s that are getting their spare parts from the junk yard.

The absolute outrage about this plan has no basis in fact and ignores the most important facets. Here’s the over view statement:

The Prince plan involves putting trainer/mentor teams at the battalion level of the Afghan National Army and augmenting their helicopter and tactical aircraft with some 90 additional high speed, low cost aircraft. The plan takes the current projected annual price for supporting the Afghan military from 40 billion down to 10 billion. Reducing the hemorrhaging of tax money to stabilize a losing effort is the strong component of a workable the plan.

The main question still is if any plan can turn around the alienation of Afghanis for the central government and the outside forces destroying their country,

Full story @ The Prince Plan: Strengths, Weaknesses and Probability – Free Range International

A-29-B-768x521.jpg

The absolute outrage about this plan has no basis in fact and ignores the most important facets. Here’s the over view statement:

The Prince plan involves putting trainer/mentor teams at the battalion level of the Afghan National Army and augmenting their helicopter and tactical aircraft with some 90 additional high speed, low cost aircraft. The plan takes the current projected annual price for supporting the Afghan military from 40 billion down to 10 billion. Reducing the hemorrhaging of tax money to stabilize a losing effort is the strong component of a workable the plan.

The main question still is if any plan can turn around the alienation of Afghanis for the central government and the outside forces destroying their country,

Full story @ The Prince Plan: Strengths, Weaknesses and Probability – Free Range International

All our wars are for corporations and profit anyway, what's the difference

We kicked the shit out of the ones we were looking for, and then we kicked the shit out of their military-age offspring.

We've done our part. Fuck them all.

I did my year there...I have my opinions about the Afghan...not positive.

A-29-B-768x521.jpg

I was a USAF/Afghan Air Force (AAF) advisor 2011-12. The problem is not the equipment or the funding, it is the quality of candidate, AAF leadership (military and political), and the cultural barriers (99% of Afghans want Sharia/Pashtuwali/history of invasion) which prevent us from succeeding.
They (Afghans from top to bottom), at best, do not see us as a catalyst of change. They simply see us as another unwanted guest in a very long line of unwanted guests.

Forum List

Back