PRIVACY WARNING: Do NOT log into CARS.GOV

I've just been all over the site, and I can't find anything about this policy. I knew about it before I went--that's why I went, cautiously--so I'm positive I didn't accidentally agree to it or anything.

Have they taken it down? Or do I have to do something to trigger the message? Glenn Beck's video shows him clicking on the "submit transaction" button in the dealer section, but I can find no such button anywhere on the site.
His video displays 7 blue buttons on the right-hand side of the dealer page, but I only count six now.

I'd really like to read this policy for myself, directly from their site...

That is a possibility, the only reason I see this as valid is because several sources have said as much, whether it's actually there or not, I can't say for certain and they may have removed it since the outrage. But it is possible for legal reasons as well. Anything posted on here, for instance, is considered USMB property unless otherwise copyrighted (such as media files and such) just to protect the owners in case someone else links to it. Normally these policies are inane, just redundancies to protect the owners, but they can take it further if the government allows. Like Google's, everything stored on their servers is considered public domain, it's to keep people from suing them when it shows up on the search engine.

Beck says in the video it's on the dealers' transaction page. Which would make sense considering what they're probably accessing. Much ado about nothing.
That makes sense and it also makes PP a liar, unless he's a car dealer, of course. :lol:

I don't believe you. I didn't get that message.

It comes up right after you click "I agree"

Maybe they got rid of it now but 2 hours ago thats what popped up on my screen

Beck says in the video it's on the dealers' transaction page. Which would make sense considering what they're probably accessing. Much ado about nothing.
That makes sense and it also makes PP a liar, unless he's a car dealer, of course. :lol:

I don't believe you. I didn't get that message.

Or ... now I may be giving them the benefit of the doubt here, call me silly but sometimes I like to see the possibility that they are just ignorant like you ... maybe PP clicked the wrong "log in" or "create account" ... maybe.

Remember the Patriot Act and the NSA wiretapping controversy? The libs were screaming about the privacy rights of suspected terrorists. They accused Pres Bush of tapping our phones and reading our emails. They wanted to sue all our telcoms for assisting the govt. Where are those cry babies now?

Well said. Most don't even regret voting for Obama. Simply put, they are Liberal Fascists.

Cars.gov allows government to takeover your computer

Warning! If you get on 'cars.gov'......you're computer will become the property of the government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE]YouTube - Glenn Beck: Cars.gov allows government to takeover your computer[/ame]

Warning! If you get on 'cars.gov'......you're computer will become the property of the government.

YouTube - Glenn Beck: Cars.gov allows government to takeover your computer

Well, there's the problem right there: listening to Glenn Beck!

YouTube - Glenn Beck: Cars.gov allows government to takeover your computer

Well, there's the problem right there: listening to Glenn Beck!

I worked for NIH. Their training regarding security is very thorough... and kinda scary too lol. They made it crystal clear that, while I could access their site (employee stuff not publicly accessible) from my own computer, they would be monitoring my every move. I never had the nerve to actually try it :lol:

My question is...

Since this is dealer access (to get approval for funds), would these people NOT want this kind of protection?

Last edited:

Or ... now I may be giving them the benefit of the doubt here, call me silly but sometimes I like to see the possibility that they are just ignorant like you ... maybe PP clicked the wrong "log in" or "create account" ... maybe.
There is nowhere on the site to log in. No linkie. There is a form you can fill out to ask a question about your authorization code. Which leads me to believe you can't log in if you haven't got an authorization code. So if PP isn't lying about the "message" he got and he isn't a dealer then he tried to hack the site.

There is nowhere on the site to log in. No linkie. There is a form you can fill out to ask a question about your authorization code. Which leads me to believe you can't log in if you haven't got an authorization code. So if PP isn't lying about the "message" he got and he isn't a dealer then he tried to hack the site.

Sheesh, you just have to open mouth and insert foot ... "log in" is a generic term for "access account" or "register your visit" or many other things, same with "create account" ... thus why I put them in quotes.

It is still possible it existed, it is also possible that they took it off the site when someone mentioned it. Again, you have no proof otherwise, no more proof that it didn't happen than they do proof that it did. However, it is not only possible but likely, due to the fact that their site is trying something every time I try to load it up, just my knowing how to protect myself prevents it from happening. ;)

Here's what you get at the link:

Your information has been submitted. Thanks!
A confirmation email is on its way to [email protected] and should arrive shortly.

Note: To ensure proper delivery of our emails, take a moment now and add us - [email protected] - to your address book, trusted sender list, or company white list.
Like I said, you're getting as bad as the other conspiracy theorists.

btw, if you couldn't get onto the website because your settings are screwed up then how did you find that link? :eusa_hand:

btw, if you couldn't get onto the website because your settings are screwed up then how did you find that link? :eusa_hand:

Settings were never screwed up, I have a very high security setup on my computer, but I found a way through their crap is all.

Now, the link I showed you was what they were talking about which applies to both, and if you go to their terms and conditions they modified them. That's suspicious enough. Since when did you start trusting the government so openly? I thought you were against intrusion, especially subversive intrusion like what this suggests.

Settings were never screwed up, I have a very high security setup on my computer, but I found a way through their crap is all.

Now, the link I showed you was what they were talking about which applies to both, and if you go to their terms and conditions they modified them. That's suspicious enough. Since when did you start trusting the government so openly? I thought you were against intrusion, especially subversive intrusion like what this suggests.
:lol: I don't trust the government. I just trust posters on a message board with an agenda less.

:lol: I don't trust the government. I just trust posters on a message board with an agenda less.

Actually, today, like yesterday, my agenda is clear, just rendering a video is all I have on it, but that's automated.

My mistake, it's not the government you trust, just your savior Obama who you seem to trust blindly. That's scarier than what they can do, blindly trusting someone in power is not very bright.

Remember the Patriot Act and the NSA wiretapping controversy? The libs were screaming about the privacy rights of suspected terrorists. They accused Pres Bush of tapping our phones and reading our emails. They wanted to sue all our telcoms for assisting the govt. Where are those cry babies now?

simply not true....we were not screaming about the privacy rights of suspected terrorists...nice conservative spin though!:eusa_hand:

what dems were screaming about was the privacy rights of americans...OUR CONSTITUTIONAL rights, while conservatives laughed and spit on them!

what precisely do you want to see dems do in this situation? what have YOU DONE regarding this situation, IF IT IS TRUE, and SINCE you believed it....?

care

Forum List

Back