Prison: A Waste of Human Life

Jarvis is a more trustworthy human being to me than you are. He's a talented writer. You wouldn't know, because you don't read him.

And that says more about you then me i am sad to say.

Yeah, it looks like that to you. I hear you. You're eager to "pot shot". You'd like to put me down, instead of addressing the topic. You think you're superior. What else is new?

And who took the pot shot? LOL

Yea, they do. Most of them regret the action that put them on the Row. But their action - their consequence.
We are talking about one man, who I happen to know pretty well, not what some vague, "most" do.

You 'know' him or you think you know him? How much time have you spent with him?

First of all, I'd prefer to get back on topic. My personal life is not relevant.

Jarvis Masters is not guilty of the crime for which he recieved the death penalty. I oppose capitial punishment.

I think prison is a waste of human life.

Actually if a person commits a crime they should accept and serve their time. I don't know about the case you speak of Skydancer, but yes sometimes innocent people do go to jail and serve time unjustly. We know this because DNA set many innocent people free after it was accepted science in courts across the country.

Some people can change, they still should serve the time given. That said, some people never get caught and still change. I know a few people who were former gang members here in this area and they have changed and are no longer in gangs and their life and the way they live it now is a testimony to the fact that people do change sometimes.

She says herself... he is fine with the sentence. Sound like an "innocent" man to you?

I did not mean he was "fine" with getting executed when he is not guilty of the crime. I meant he is at peace in prison, and he is productive and helpful to others.

I love how you talk ABOUT me instead of TO me.

Did i quote you or the person i was addressing?

Good to know he has come to terms with his execution.... i hope his wait is of a short duration.

I don't confuse the issues at all. I'm quite clear.

His changing is great... good for him...i hope he dies knowing what he did was wrong and he is suffering the punishment for said crimes. The change has no bearing on if he should or should not be executed.

no sky.... you are very muddled about the issues you are discussing.

If you are against the death penalty... fine.

If you say HE should not be put to death because he is a "changed man" that is not the same issue... nor does it have any bearing on the DP or his execution.

I am against the death penalty. I also know this man.

He was wrongly convicted. He is also a changed man.

You have no business telling me I'm "muddled". That's a personal attack and doesn't do much for your argument.

I can see why Sy is confused. You're arguing that he is a 'special case', and that he is innocent. And yet, you also claim that he accepts his guilt. How can he be innocent and guilty?

She says herself... he is fine with the sentence. Sound like an "innocent" man to you?

I did not mean he was "fine" with getting executed when he is not guilty of the crime. I meant he is at peace in prison, and he is productive and helpful to others.

I love how you talk ABOUT me instead of TO me.

Did i quote you or the person i was addressing?

Good to know he has come to terms with his execution.... i hope his wait is of a short duration.

Here's where you are gamey. You and everyone else who reads this thread know full well you were talking about me in your post.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have personal experience of the justice system.... and I'd have been fucking delighted if she'd got the DP. Then I wouldn't have to share the planet with the murdering bitch.

friends of Charlotta.

I guess you missed that thread. Anyone who has a differing opinion...is an enemy.

What are you talking about? If you have a problem with me, address it privately and don't derail the thread.

Read the string...

who derails it? You do dear sky.

What you said made no sense to CG... i clarified for her.

We are talking about one man, who I happen to know pretty well, not what some vague, "most" do.

You 'know' him or you think you know him? How much time have you spent with him?

First of all, I'd prefer to get back on topic. My personal life is not relevant.

Jarvis Masters is not guilty of the crime for which he recieved the death penalty. I oppose capitial punishment.

Not necessarily, alot of the people behind bars deserve to be there, I don't care if they have a charming personality or have amazing writing skills, if you commit a crime you should do the time, I don't give a fuck if they are talented or not.

How do you make that leap? I don't what you're talking about. I have said no such thing.

I've said Jarvis is innocent of the crime he is on death row for. I have said I am against capital punishment. I have said Jarvis is a good writer and is benefiting many people. His life is worthwhile even in prison.

I'm asking you if you find him trustworthy simply because you think he writes well.

I find him trustworthy because I know his character. That is how I determine if someone is trustworthy or not.

But you have garnered this thru the written word correct? Both published as well as personal correspondence? Rather than in a situation where he has the opportunity to be trusted?
You can place trust in whomever you choose. I think in many cases that could be dangerous. Not in this however as it doesn't seem he is ever getting out of prison.

His changing is great... good for him...i hope he dies knowing what he did was wrong and he is suffering the punishment for said crimes. The change has no bearing on if he should or should not be executed.

no sky.... you are very muddled about the issues you are discussing.

If you are against the death penalty... fine.

If you say HE should not be put to death because he is a "changed man" that is not the same issue... nor does it have any bearing on the DP or his execution.

I am against the death penalty. I also know this man.

He was wrongly convicted. He is also a changed man.

You have no business telling me I'm "muddled". That's a personal attack and doesn't do much for your argument.

I can see why Sy is confused. You're arguing that he is a 'special case', and that he is innocent. And yet, you also claim that he accepts his guilt. How can he be innocent and guilty?

No, I'm arguing that prison is a waste of human life. I also talk about Jarvis. He is a valuable human being who is helping others. He is wrongly convicted. He does not deserve to die.

I am opposed to capital punishment.

I wish you and "sy" well. I'm sorry if she is "confused".

Not necessarily, alot of the people behind bars deserve to be there, I don't care if they have a charming personality or have amazing writing skills, if you commit a crime you should do the time, I don't give a fuck if they are talented or not.
Well here we are. Once again, I am alone in my view. Have fun folks. It's always entertaining.

Well here we are. Once again, I am alone in my view. Have fun folks.

You don't have to leave.:confused:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I have personal experience of the justice system.... and I'd have been fucking delighted if she'd got the DP. Then I wouldn't have to share the planet with the murdering bitch.

friends of Charlotta.

I guess you missed that thread. Anyone who has a differing opinion...is an enemy.

What are you talking about? If you have a problem with me, address it privately and don't derail the thread.

So it's OK for you to derail a thread, but you don't want it done to you? :cuckoo:

He's an excellent writer. He's now published two books.

He has a shill...

oh poor me on death row.... look at me.. im a bhuddist who wouldn't hurt a fly..... oh poor poor me... please publish my drivel before the big bad state kills me.

Cynical and bitter post. Jarvis is more trustworthy than you are, LOL.

Uhhh, Sky, Syrenn gets to post on the internet. Jarvis doesn't. He has PROVEN himself to be untrustworthy if you havn't noticed. I am happy that you find writing to him to be good for you, but don't delude yourself that he is trustworthy and honorable. It takes a lot more then flowery writing to rehab a person after what he has done. A lot more.

friends of Charlotta.

So it's OK for you to derail a thread, but you don't want it done to you? :cuckoo:

I started the thread. I'm trying to stay on topic. Will you join me?

Personal problems belong in PM and not on a thread.

He has a shill...

oh poor me on death row.... look at me.. im a bhuddist who wouldn't hurt a fly..... oh poor poor me... please publish my drivel before the big bad state kills me.

Cynical and bitter post. Jarvis is more trustworthy than you are, LOL.

Uhhh, Sky, Syrenn gets to post on the internet. Jarvis doesn't. He has PROVEN himself to be untrustworthy if you havn't noticed. I am happy that you find writing to him to be good for you, but don't delude yourself that he is trustworthy and honorable. It takes a lot more then flowery writing to rehab a person after what he has done. A lot more.

Are you saying that people who post on the internet are more trustworthy than those who don't?

You tell me I'm "deluded". That is a personal attack and irrelevant to the topic.

Get back to the topic, please.

Forum List

Back