Princeton Study: U.S. No Longer An Actual Democracy

The Republicrats have sold their souls to the corporate elite. Funny how the progs who whine and snivel about the Repubs can't see it in their own party. Here's a clue for you dimwits, it's BOTH PARTIES DOING IT!

Wake the hell up!

Certainly the Dems colluded but it was the Republican agenda that enriched the 1% while impoverishing and disenfranchising the middle class.

Bullshit. In 1932 2% of the population controlled 76% of this nations wealth. Democrats took over both houses of Congress, and held them for 40 continuous years. They also held the presidency for a significant amount of that time as well. The net result of 40 years of ABSOLUTE Democrat control was 1% controls 90% now.

So, you tell me, who were the Dems working for? Because it clearly wasn't the middle class.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

The Dems of that period are the Republicans of today.

Facts, facts, and more facts. FDR would have been lauded just as much today as he was back then. Your argument falls flat on its face.

Considering we are a Republic and not a democracy, I think the people at Princeton need to educate themselves. Ironic isn't it?

What is really ironic is the irrelevancy of your deflection.

That wasn't a deflection, it was an observation of just how poor our higher education system has become, when they can't even get the basics correct.

Considering we are a Republic and not a democracy, I think the people at Princeton need to educate themselves. Ironic isn't it?

That wasn't a deflection, it was an observation of just how poor our higher education system has become, when they can't even get the basics correct.

Are you suggesting that whether or not the United States is democratic is of no importance?

Are you suggesting that whether or not the United States is democratic is of no importance?

Where the hell did you pull that out of?

The Republicrats have sold their souls to the corporate elite. Funny how the progs who whine and snivel about the Repubs can't see it in their own party. Here's a clue for you dimwits, it's BOTH PARTIES DOING IT!

Wake the hell up!

Certainly the Dems colluded but it was the Republican agenda that enriched the 1% while impoverishing and disenfranchising the middle class.

Bullshit. In 1932 2% of the population controlled 76% of this nations wealth. Democrats took over both houses of Congress, and held them for 40 continuous years. They also held the presidency for a significant amount of that time as well. The net result of 40 years of ABSOLUTE Democrat control was 1% controls 90% now.

So, you tell me, who were the Dems working for? Because it clearly wasn't the middle class.

Facts, facts, and more facts. FDR would have been lauded just as much today as he was back then. Your argument falls flat on its face.

You have not refuted the facts in the OP.

Wake the hell up!

You have not refuted the facts in the OP.

What facts were those?

Your anecdotes don't refute the facts in the studies.

The anecdotes in the studies are concocted by a couple commie liberals from a commie/liberal institution in the commie liberal IVY League of LOWER EDUCATION. What else did you or any other of the commie/liberals who posts here expect? That AMERICAN CORPORATIONS/POLITICIANS would come to that conclusion? BIG AMERICAN corporations have always been the leader in politics in this country SINCE there have been BIG AMERICAN CORPORATIONS. You dumbasses think this is new?

Remember the Rockefellers? DuPonts? Astors? Fords? Durants? Gettys? Hunts? Vanderbilts? Goulds? No of course you don't.....Those are just a few of the people that invested and grew THIS GREAT COUNTRY. And now the BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL COMMUNISTS such as yourselves are just aching to split up the wealth of the BUILDERS of AMERICA.

You people can go straight down to hell. Read Mr. Sowell's quote...you are among the parasites he spoke of. And so are the commies who concocted the so called study.

ThomasSowellLikeitis_zps252afd5f.jpg

You seem angry. Watch that blood pressure, there. ...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Without corporations a bunch of you people would be fighting in the streets over a scrap of bread.

This nation survived quite nicely with corporations until St Reagan decided to cripple the middle class and hand over power to the 1% instead.
I WAS MIDDLE CLASS IN THE 80'S....by the early 90's I was upper middle class. I was retired by the age of 55.
Sure, I had to work hard and sacrifice...and take some chances.....
But I never felt crippled.
Why do you say the middle class was crippled? Why was I one that wasn't? Come to think of it, almost everyone I know has done better each year....I have seen people go from renting to owning...to owning a larger one....from renting to owning to putting kids through school....from 15K a year to 6 figures....from a weekend in the mountains as a vacation to 10 days in St. Maarten for a vacation.
Seems the only ones that went backwards and were crippled are the ones that claim to be victims.
Hmmm....maybe that is the problem? People spending too much time worrying about being a victim and not enough time making sure they are not?
Maybe?

Not everyone makes it and a lot of people work hard but don't get ahead. In fact, that logic isn't 100% guaranteed. There have been plenty of people who worked hard and lost everything. People who thought they did everything right to make sure they weren't victims but became ones anyways.

They don't deserve protection because it worked out for you?
Part of the extreme RW "I got mine, so fuck you" syndrome. ....

Without corporations a bunch of you people would be fighting in the streets over a scrap of bread.

This nation survived quite nicely with corporations until St Reagan decided to cripple the middle class and hand over power to the 1% instead.
I WAS MIDDLE CLASS IN THE 80'S....by the early 90's I was upper middle class. I was retired by the age of 55.
Why do you say the middle class was crippled? Why was I one that wasn't? Come to think of it, almost everyone I know has done better each year....I have seen people go from renting to owning...to owning a larger one....from renting to owning to putting kids through school....from 15K a year to 6 figures....from a weekend in the mountains as a vacation to 10 days in St. Maarten for a vacation.
Seems the only ones that went backwards and were crippled are the ones that claim to be victims.
Hmmm....maybe that is the problem? People spending too much time worrying about being a victim and not enough time making sure they are not?
Maybe?

Not everyone makes it and a lot of people work hard but don't get ahead. In fact, that logic isn't 100% guaranteed. There have been plenty of people who worked hard and lost everything. People who thought they did everything right to make sure they weren't victims but became ones anyways.

More like "I earned mine, why don't you go earn your own instead of taking mine away from me at the point of a gun".

The frauds on Wall Street are not "builders of America", Porker. They are the destroyers of capitalism.

None of those people I mentioned in my post ever worked on WALL STREET.
Holy shit, you are ignorant.

May I suggest an outstanding book?

The First Tycoon The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt

Really? He was a transportation tycoon asshole. He was from New York...in the railroad, and steamship business, both locally and then internationally. He was not the 1800's answer to Warren Buffet you dumb bastard.

The anecdotes in the studies are concocted by a couple commie liberals from a commie/liberal institution in the commie liberal IVY League of LOWER EDUCATION. What else did you or any other of the commie/liberals who posts here expect? That AMERICAN CORPORATIONS/POLITICIANS would come to that conclusion? BIG AMERICAN corporations have always been the leader in politics in this country SINCE there have been BIG AMERICAN CORPORATIONS. You dumbasses think this is new?

Remember the Rockefellers? DuPonts? Astors? Fords? Durants? Gettys? Hunts? Vanderbilts? Goulds? No of course you don't.....Those are just a few of the people that invested and grew THIS GREAT COUNTRY. And now the BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL COMMUNISTS such as yourselves are just aching to split up the wealth of the BUILDERS of AMERICA.

You people can go straight down to hell. Read Mr. Sowell's quote...you are among the parasites he spoke of. And so are the commies who concocted the so called study.

Really? You should see me when I'm pissed off. Blood pressure is a steady 110 over 70 to 130 over 80. Never higher. If I seem pissed off it's because of these fucking communists trying to turn my country into the goddamn Soviet Union, JR.;

Oh, we need corporations, but we don't need corporations controlling government. Republicans are responsible for that, considering corporations as "people" - and they are the ones that will cause the middle-class to fight for bread in the streets.....the 1% won't give a hoot......they won't be the ones doing the fighting.

Government controls $6,100 billion dollars a year, they dwarf even the most profitable corporation which earned less than 1% of that. Do you liberal drone corporation haters understand math? Whom do you think is corrupting whom?

Maybe?

How is it our fault so many on the left are losers trying to sponge off our hard work?

Really? You should see me when I'm pissed off. Blood pressure is a steady 110 over 70 to 130 over 80. Never higher. If I seem pissed off it's because of these fucking communists trying to turn my country into the goddamn Soviet Union, JR.;

Well, if you say so, little porker.

Maybe?

Question....how did they LOSE everything?

You see, all you are offering up are talking points, but you don't read into them.
For example.....
"lots of people work hard and lost everything".
Did you ever wonder why they lost everything? Think about it. How did they lose it? In the stock market? Why were they in the market? To have their money make money for them? They gambled and lost? Maybe they lost everything when they bought a 300K home and then lost their job? Perhaps they should have waited to buy the home at that price so if they lost their job, they would not have to worry? Or maybe bought a smaller home? Or maybe they lost everything because they got killed with the ARM loans when they came due? Maybe they should have done what I did and took a higher fixed rate and not have to worry? Maybe the higher rate was too expensive for them? Then maybe they were not ready to buy a home?
Your talking point....
"People who thought they did everything right to make sure they weren't victims but became ones anyways."
It is a contradiction. They obviously did not do everything right. They made mistakes. I made mistakes. We all make mistakes. But if I considered myself a victim then I would not have learned from it.
Great example of what I am talking about.....
I invested thousands of dollars in the NASDAQ during the dot com boom. It grew dramatically.....on paper, I was quite wealthy. I did not sell. I got greedy. Let it ride.....and I lost it all when the bubble burst.
Was I a victim?
Yes. Of my own greed and I learned my lesson.

So when things went sour in 2008, I was not hurt.

If we continue to tell people they were victims in 2008, they will not learn the lesson and they will do it again.

It is not about what they did right.....it is about what they did wrong.

Well, if you say so, little porker.
I know two nurses....both family members.
One has been a nurse for the better part of 30 years. The other a nurse for about 8 years. They work at different hospitals.
The one who has been a nurse for 30 years is still exactly what she was 30 years ago. Higher salary due to wage increases, but still a floor nurse. During her 30 years, at the beginning of every year, she would plan her vacations. She . She would take 2 weeks in April (example)...and add a sick day on each end making it 2 days longer. Again in August...adding the days.....and then she would extend long weekends with another sick day and or personal day. Od course, if she got sick toward the end of the year, she had no days left so she would lose a days pay. She never added to her education. Never tried to better herself.
The other, in her 8 years, has been promoted to floor supervisor and now was just promoted to managerial status. She has NEVER used all of her allotted sick days over her 8 years. She has continually added to her credentials. She has never been put in a position to have a days pay docked. She always kept her personal days in tact just in case she truly needed them.

So during the holidays, she was being congratulated by everyone present for her promotion. The other nurse? No joke....this is what she said.....

"You are lucky. You work for a hospital that cares about their employees. My hospital is run by a bunch of morons"..

So I couldn't resist.....I had to ask her....

"so no one in your hospital ever gets promoted?"

Her answer was classic....

"only those who sleep with members of the board"

Sorry pal.....I agree......why should the slackers be carried by the hard workers?

For example.....
Did you ever wonder why they lost everything? Think about it. How did they lose it? In the stock market?

Hey it's Mr Wonderful.

Did you ever wonder what the person who lost their job did wrong? They went to work everyday, worked hard, was a good employee and lost their job when their workplace closed.. Musta been their fault. According to you.

How about the person who both lost their job and they had their retirement sayings in a 401k. And the bottom fell out of the markets, their job was gone and to live, they sold their remaining investment so they could pay their current bills leaving them with no much. Their fault ?

How about the person who lost their job and their health insurance. Then they had a major catastrophic illness and lost everything they worked for so they could qualify for Medicaid and not lose their life. Their fault eh?

But you lost some money in the markets one time. Because you were greedy. And you think everyone's situation is just like yours eh?

Well it ain't. So I hope that helps you in some level of understanding about how people lose everything they work for through no fault of their own.

For example.....
Did you ever wonder why they lost everything? Think about it. How did they lose it? In the stock market?

Hey it's Mr Wonderful.

Did you ever wonder what the person who lost their job did wrong? They went to work everyday, worked hard, was a good employee and lost their job when their workplace closed.. Musta been their fault. According to you.

It was their fault. They chose to work for that company. Who's fault is it? Look at it this way....what if they chose to work for that company over another company because that company offered more vacation time....and then it went out of business but the company that offered less vacation time was still in business? Would they still be a victim?

How about the person who both lost their job and they had their retirement sayings in a 401k. And the bottom fell out of the markets, their job was gone and to live, they sold their remaining investment so they could pay their current bills leaving them with no much. Their fault ?

Yes. They had all of their savings in the market hoping it would make money for them. That is known as greed. We all have it and it is a very dangerous thing. Why didn't they have bank savings for that "rainy day"?

How about the person who lost their job and their health insurance. Then they had a major catastrophic illness and lost everything they worked for so they could qualify for Medicaid and not lose their life. Their fault eh?

Now you are setting the bar with "unusual circumstances" and that is why I am all for the tax payer helping people in those situations.

But you lost some money in the markets one time. Because you were greedy. And you think everyone's situation is just like yours eh?

Well it ain't. So I hope that helps you in some level of understanding about how people lose everything they work for through no fault of their own.

MY responses in red (above)

Everyones situation IS like mine. We all take chances. We all make decisions. The problem is, people don't always make the right decisions. I had no advantage. I was homeless early on in my life. I simply learned as I went along.

Look at it this way.....

In my town, I would say one out of every hundred homes went into foreclosure over the past 7 years.....if that many....I personally only know 1 person who had to foreclose.....but to be generous with the number I would say 1 out of 100...

Why were 99 out of a hundred able to stay afloat?

Were they just lucky?

Forum List

Back