Princeton professor: transgenderism not scientific

The poor professor is about to be crucified by the gaystapo and left loons

Princeton Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, ‘Superstitious Belief’

A noted Princeton University professor has attacked the very notion of transgenderism, saying that the belief “that a woman can be trapped inside a man’s body” is ludicrous and superstitious, with no basis in medical fact.

Robert P. George, the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton, sent out a tweet late Sunday evening questioning the science behind the transgender movement, in reaction to the Obama administration’s threatening letter to educators mandating accommodation of gender-confused teenagers.

Robert P. George‏@McCormickProf

There are few superstitious beliefs as absurd as the idea that a woman can be trapped in a man's body & vv. But in the Age of Feeling . . .

With Obama's bathroom edict, the right of parents to direct the upbringing and education of children is in graver peril than ever. Vouchers!

Prof: Transgenderism Not Scientific, ‘Superstitious Belief’

Just because he has professor after his name doesn't make him a expert...He is a Law professor and Blue Grass Banjo Picker...
:lmao:

He has Princeton professor on his profile, and making political comments, I doubt the school is very happy today.

So last week the RWnuts were calling transgenderism mental disease, this week it's a superstitious belief?

What will it be next week?
They're losing their fight so they're pulling out the attack stops.
Actually a person said it and some lefties think "the right" said it. I think you lost your struggle with sanity as well.

You think only ONE rightwinger on this forum called transgenderism a mental disease?

Name that ONE.
By the number of times I've been attacked for mothering a trans teen I'd say at least 20 people here call transgenderism a disease.

He used his means of employment ( Princeton) on his twitter page..
People get fired for that all of the time..

Where have you been, you disappeared or something, this is the first post of yours I've seen for a while.

Is that correct or are you being sarcastic, about his using his means of employment on his Twitter page = firing offence?

Yes he's right. Here in the US....if you identify your employer on social media and then say something political (mostly if you're a conservative) they can fire you for it.

The left here is inching us closer to Chinese communist speech restrictions.

Wow that's very disturbing....so the First Amendment is now just for Leftists also....any Conservative sppech is automatically a variation of Hate Speech or something.
All that swill is highly exaggerated. College campuses tolerate a lot of different voices.
Not really. They are the bastions of political correctness. Conservatives don't get much air time on college reeducation camps.

Where do conservatives go to college?

The basis of this thread is that one law professor calls transgender a superstition. What value is that?
It's not valuable at all. It's his opinion and it's not based on science or the law. Should he lose his job over it? I'm less clear on that.

A noted Princeton University professor has attacked the very notion of transgenderism, saying that the belief “that a woman can be trapped inside a man’s body” is ludicrous and superstitious, with no basis in medical fact.

Robert P. George, the McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton, sent out a tweet late Sunday evening questioning the science behind the transgender movement, in reaction to the Obama administration’s threatening letter to educators mandating accommodation of gender-confused teenagers.

There are few superstitious beliefs as absurd as the idea that a woman can be trapped in a man's body & vv. But in the Age of Feeling . . .

With Obama's bathroom edict, the right of parents to direct the upbringing and education of children is in graver peril than ever. Vouchers!

Just because he has professor after his name doesn't make him a expert...He is a Law professor and Blue Grass Banjo Picker...

He has Princeton professor on his profile, and making political comments, I doubt the school is very happy today.

So last week the RWnuts were calling transgenderism mental disease, this week it's a superstitious belief?

Actually a person said it and some lefties think "the right" said it. I think you lost your struggle with sanity as well.

You think only ONE rightwinger on this forum called transgenderism a mental disease?

Name that ONE.
By the number of times I've been attacked for mothering a trans teen I'd say at least 20 people here call transgenderism a disease.

More like a mental affliction. Hopefully they will find a cure someday

Or he just has common sense and knows it's some sort of mental issue

Your mental faculties are biological. Your brain is run by chemistry.

Name that ONE.

It's more like a condition that folks like you condemn.

Name that ONE.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for your bigotry. You have to turn that around yourself.

The basis of this thread is that one law professor calls transgender a superstition. What value is that?
It's not valuable at all. It's his opinion and it's not based on science or the law. Should he lose his job over it? I'm less clear on that.

He shouldn't lose his job over it.

Although, if you apply the conservative consensus on what employers' rights should be, his employer should be able to fire him for any reason,

including if he were transgender!

Oh my God! This poor man....he's so fucked. He'll be fired soon. Maybe arrested.

It's not good that someone might be fired for voicing an opinion, he's entitled to his opinion, why can't Leftists be more tolerant.

It's not in their makeup..but yet they demand it from everyone else

He used his means of employment ( Princeton) on his twitter page..
People get fired for that all of the time..

You're hoping beyond hope ain't ya?

Just making a point that ( without Princeton Professor) no one would give a shit what he has to say.

I bet he is a pompous ass...lol...just saying. I bet the the air is thick with all of stuffy Pompous Princeton Professors under one roof.

Wow. Some serious inverted snobbery going on there, Eaglewings. And what's wrong with him playing a musical instrument? I'm surprised at you.

Name that ONE.

Is celibacy, as in priests and nuns, a mental affliction?

Or he just has common sense and knows it's some sort of mental issue

Your mental faculties are biological. Your brain is run by chemistry.

Pffft like I'm going to listen to you? Go pester someone you can snow

Oh my God! This poor man....he's so fucked. He'll be fired soon. Maybe arrested.
He'll more likely be threatened on the Rachael Maddow Show and then by his superiors. Then in a week he'll meekly come forward announcing in a press conference that he "had it all wrong"..."transgenderism is a real thing"...and..."women can be trapped in men's bodies and people can self-diagnose that"...

...he'll "suddenly change his ideas radically"...just like all the others before him...Hillary...Bill...Obama...Senators..Congresspeople...they all came out and meekly and radically changed their ideas on gay marriage etc. "Like magic!"..

"They' are the people who have such prejudice against transpeople.

You mean people playing pretend in their head and completely denying the stark objective reality between their legs? The ones self-diagnosing a condition that does not and cannot exist in this real universe.

People don't want to hurt people that fit the DSM manual for insanity's #1 symptom (denying stark reality staring them right in the face). They just don't want insane people to make the rules and force others to enable their mental disease.

I gotta agree, though, that a law professor has no scientific/psychological expertise to back up his OPINION on transgenderism. I got one of those, too. Doesn't mean anyone is going to listen to me.
Would you listen to Johns Hopkins hospital?

A consensus of doctors at John Hopkins? Show us.
I've posted it numerous times on the board. They no longer do sex change operations. Period. Their issues didn't go away with the parts swap, go figure.

Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: ‘Transgendered Men Don’t Become Women,’ They Become ‘Feminized Men,’ ‘Impersonators’

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital, who has studied transgendered people for 40 years, said it is a scientific fact that “transgendered men do not become women, nor do transgendered women become men.”

Dr. McHugh, who was psychiatrist-in-chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital for 26 years, the medical institute that had initially pioneered sex-change surgery – and later ceased the practice – stressed that the cultural meme, or idea that “one’s sex is fluid and a matter of choice” is extremely damaging, especially to young people.

The idea that one’s sexuality is a feeling and not a biological fact “is doing much damage to families, adolescents, and children and should be confronted as an opinion without biological foundation wherever it emerges,” said Dr. McHugh in his article,Transgenderism: A Pathogenic Meme.

Name that ONE.

It's more like a condition that folks like you condemn.

Name that ONE.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for your bigotry. You have to turn that around yourself.

Tolerate me.....isn't that what you desire and demand? You'd be wise to start practicing what you are preaching

You mean people playing pretend in their head and completely denying the stark objective reality between their legs? The ones self-diagnosing a condition that does not and cannot exist in this real universe.

People don't want to hurt people that fit the DSM manual for insanity's #1 symptom (denying stark reality staring them right in the face). They just don't want insane people to make the rules and force others to enable their mental disease.
Well, you've lost this battle.

Trans people will be treated with dignity despite your ugly attitude.

Who is 'they'?
It's one man who aired his opinion, as far as I can see.
This is really a serious problem, Dhara. If anyone expresses their opinion that it is a psychological issue, they are immediately and thoughtlessly labelled prejudiced and haters. It's becoming like the screech of islamofauxbia - designed to silence all who wish to express an opinion that is not currently PC. I wish you could see yourself doing this and try to apply the breaks. It does nothing for the discussion and probably just put makes people dig their heels in.
There are plenty of psychiatrists and other doctors who regard this as a psychological condition. They can't all be prejudiced haters and they aren't. Pretty soon no one will bother to attempt to discuss this issue with you as you insist on immediately labelling them prejudiced, ignorant haters. Not helpful, IMHO.

Forum List

Back