Pretty sad how little interest in science

So many cool things in science, all forms of science. Yet every forum I"ve been on, including this one, nobody seems all that interested. Kind of sad, they would rather babble on about partisan nonsense, call each other names, etc than actually discuss many of the amazing things this world has to offer.

Maybe the problem is that you're desperately trying to talk science on boards that people come to because they want to talk politics. Hence the phrase "political message board". If you don't want to hear "partisan nonsense", you might want to . . . oh, I don't know, find a website devoted to science? :cuckoo:

So many cool things in science, all forms of science. Yet every forum I"ve been on, including this one, nobody seems all that interested. Kind of sad, they would rather babble on about partisan nonsense, call each other names, etc than actually discuss many of the amazing things this world has to offer.

Maybe the problem is that you're desperately trying to talk science on boards that people come to because they want to talk politics. Hence the phrase "political message board". If you don't want to hear "partisan nonsense", you might want to . . . oh, I don't know, find a website devoted to science? :cuckoo:
Oh that's just crazy talk!

I wonder why you say that I would believe science is a religion.

If you believe that "Noah's Ark" is a historical event and evolution is a lie, then you believe that "science" is a religion. How could you not?
Tsk, tsk, redean. You're trying to weasel out of your hasty generalization about Republicans. You claimed that Republicans believe that science is a religion. I am a Republican, and that is simply not true.

You are quite illogical. First you make a hasty generalization, a fallacy which is easy enough to demonstrate, then you attempt to weasel out of it.

If you want to be taken seriously in a tread about science, you have just made a joke of yourself.

Forget about Noah's Ark, as it's irrelevant.

It's not too late to redeem yourself, at least, in THIS thread. I can't do anything about the other threads where your obsessions and delusions manifest themselves in your first post there.

Hardly a hasty generalization. In the Republican world of black and white, either/or, if you say, "Republcians are anti science", right away, you get a few "nitwits" that say, "I'm not anti science and I'm Republican, so you are completely wrong". Thinking people understands that when you say, "Republicans are anti science", that means the "vast majority" of Republicans are "anti science". And they most certainly are.

Considering that only 6% of Scientists in the United States admit to being "Republican". Everyone is familiar with THAT recent Pew pol.

Should public school students be taught that the book of Genesis in the Bible explains how God created the world? YES 77% (only 7% said religion shouldn't be taught in public school) and come on, we know which religion should be taught - Republicans whine and cry about that pol being commissioned by Daily Kos, as if that affects the "TRUTH", but we know that IS the truth. :eusa_boohoo:

Christian right aims to change history lessons in Texas schools | World news | guardian.co.uk

Nearly 80 years after the famous "Monkey Trial," in which Tennessee teacher John Scopes was convicted of teaching evolution in violation of state law, 24 states this year have seen efforts to change the way evolution is taught.

USATODAY.com - School science debate has evolved

If you believe that "Noah's Ark" is a historical event and evolution is a lie, then you believe that "science" is a religion. How could you not?
Tsk, tsk, redean. You're trying to weasel out of your hasty generalization about Republicans. You claimed that Republicans believe that science is a religion. I am a Republican, and that is simply not true.

You are quite illogical. First you make a hasty generalization, a fallacy which is easy enough to demonstrate, then you attempt to weasel out of it.

If you want to be taken seriously in a tread about science, you have just made a joke of yourself.

It's not too late to redeem yourself, at least, in THIS thread. I can't do anything about the other threads where your obsessions and delusions manifest themselves in your first post there.

Hardly a hasty generalization. In the Republican world of black and white, either/or, if you say, "Republcians are anti science", right away, you get a few "nitwits" that say, "I'm not anti science and I'm Republican, so you are completely wrong". Thinking people understands that when you say, "Republicans are anti science", that means the "vast majority" of Republicans are "anti science". And they most certainly are.

Considering that only 6% of Scientists in the United States admit to being "Republican". Everyone is familiar with THAT recent Pew pol.

Should public school students be taught that the book of Genesis in the Bible explains how God created the world? YES 77% (only 7% said religion shouldn't be taught in public school) and come on, we know which religion should be taught - Republicans whine and cry about that pol being commissioned by Daily Kos, as if that affects the "TRUTH", but we know that IS the truth. :eusa_boohoo:

Christian right aims to change history lessons in Texas schools | World news | guardian.co.uk

Nearly 80 years after the famous "Monkey Trial," in which Tennessee teacher John Scopes was convicted of teaching evolution in violation of state law, 24 states this year have seen efforts to change the way evolution is taught.

scopes was prosecuted by a man who would be the democratic nominee for president three times, william jennings bryan.

life's funny that way.

you're just stupid, though.

keep up the good work.

scopes was prosecuted by a man who would be the democratic nominee for president three times, william jennings bryan.

life's funny that way.

keep up the good work.

The Democratic Party used to be the most conservative in the south. When blacks joined in numbers, Conservatives fled to swell the ranks of the Confederate Republican Party. Which is why that party is more than 90% white and based in the south, the same way it is today. Republicans want things to stay the same, never changing. Unfortunately for them, things do indeed change.

Why do the most ignorant people call me stupid? I guess it's just a "badge of honor".

You'd get a lot more respect for what a brilliant intellectual you are if you figure out the difference between singular and plural nouns and can make your verbs match them. It's amazing how being able to communicate effectively convinces people that your message is something worth communicating.

life's funny that way.

keep up the good work.

The Democratic Party used to be the most conservative in the south. When blacks joined in numbers, Conservatives fled to swell the ranks of the Confederate Republican Party. Which is why that party is more than 90% white and based in the south, the same way it is today. Republicans want things to stay the same, never changing. Unfortunately for them, things do indeed change.

Why do the most ignorant people call me stupid? I guess it's just a "badge of honor".

or maybe you're just stupid?

perhaps a poll is in order.

You'd get a lot more respect for what a brilliant intellectual you are if you figure out the difference between singular and plural nouns and can make your verbs match them. It's amazing how being able to communicate effectively convinces people that your message is something worth communicating.

When people can't criticize the message, they "nitpick". Those people are called "nitwits".

633918709174179410-yourproblem.jpg

Perhaps if you didn't limit yourself to your single point of view.

life's funny that way.

keep up the good work.

keep proving you are an idiot

life's funny that way.

keep up the good work.

Wow, I've been anointed twice by the same fool.

A "poll" isn't evidence. This is the mistake Republicans make over and over again.

Say you wanted to gather statistics about the beliefs of a group of people, then you would take a poll. That poll would provide statistics about the beliefs of that group.

But, insisting something such as "magical creation" should be taught as "fact" because many Republicans believe it based on a poll, is actually a very bad joke. Like you.

Life's funny that way.

You're just stupid, though.

Keep up the good work.

the democratic party used to be the most conservative in the south. When blacks joined in numbers, conservatives fled to swell the ranks of the confederate republican party. Which is why that party is more than 90% white and based in the south, the same way it is today. Republicans want things to stay the same, never changing. Unfortunately for them, things do indeed change.

keep proving you are an idiot

ok.

A "poll" isn't evidence. This is the mistake Republicans make over and over again.

Say you wanted to gather statistics about the beliefs of a group of people, then you would take a poll. That poll would provide statistics about the beliefs of that group.

But, insisting something such as "magical creation" should be taught as "fact" because many Republicans believe it based on a poll, is actually a very bad joke. Like you.

a rare photo of points flying in formation above rdean's head.

BlueAngels1.jpg

a rare photo of points flying in formation above rdean's head.

BlueAngels1.jpg

You call names because you have nothing of value to offer. You've demonstrated that point many times. But I have to admit, it is fun to egg you on. It's like throwing a bit of kibble to an excitable dog. They dance, they turn in circles. Anything for that tiny bit of attention.
Good boy!

When people can't criticize the message, they "nitpick". Those people are called "nitwits".

No, the people who can't understand the implicit criticism of the message in what I said about you are nitwits. Consider for a moment that everyone else on this board EXCEPT YOU understands English well enough to realize that what I was saying was, "I cannot possibly respect your message of 'Anyone who is not a snotty leftist like me is too stupid to take seriously' when you are too stupid to even insult people in clear English." YOU are the only person who needed my opinion of your message spelled out for you.

life's funny that way.

keep up the good work.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back