Presidential Debates....only 3

.. and only one for the VP candidates..

I really think this sucks, I believe the American people deserve to know more on the views of these candidates...

A full test of their mettal before the American people..

(Personally, I believe Obama is to much of a coward to submit to the test and Democrats/liberal media will provide Obama with excuses)

The number of debates is set. Calling our president a coward is uncalled for (perhaps someone who types from the anomity of a keyboard that our president is a coward better fits that definition).

IMO the presidential debates are about newscasters telling the public who won, candidates who regurgitate prepared answers, and news guys looking for one sound bite to take from a portion of a single answer for a nice headline. Issues have nothing to do with it.

One thing I do know, no matter what the answers are, Republicans will claim a great victory for Romney and Democrats will claim a clear Obama victory.

Can't we have a debate over something that really matters like the designated hitter rule in baseball or extending the NFL season to eighteen games?

Same number of debates we have had for thirty years

Romney needs to spend as little time in front of the public as possible. His human robot act wears thin very fast

Do you think by the time the debates come around maybe we can address Obama's dismal record? Or is that asking too much? You Obamabots have nothing positive to say about Obama's record in the last three and a half years... All you have is disdain and contempt for Romney, and that isn't going to win over the Independents come November.

Same number of debates we have had for thirty years

Romney needs to spend as little time in front of the public as possible. His human robot act wears thin very fast

Do you think by the time the debates come around maybe we can address Obama's dismal record? Or is that asking too much? You Obamabots have nothing positive to say about Obama's record in the last three and a half years... All you have is disdain and contempt for Romney, and that isn't going to win over the Independents come November.

Obama is perfectly capable of addressing his record.
Stopping a Depression
Providing healthcare for millions
Killing terrorists
Saving the auto companies
Repealing DADT

What is Romney going to talk about?
Romneycare?
Bain?

Nope. Didn't say that either. I am saying that only those obligated to pay the bills should have power to obligate themselves to pay them. Those exempt from the obligation to pay the bills should not be empowered to obligate others to pay.

Of course you won't see a concept like that debated in the Presidential debates will you? Most especially when one candidate will likely agree with that concept and the other who wants the rich to pay even more cannot say that.

So your constitutional opinion is that the poor and the infirm and the elderly should not be allowed to vote

Are you saying that all of those in the 50% that pay little or no taxes are poor, infirm, or elderly? Should that 50% be the ones to choose how much in taxes the rest of us will pay?

I am saying that everybody should have a stake in the game. Everybody should be paying some taxes and should experience the consequences of a tax increase or a tax decrease and proportionately feel the effects of the laws passed by those they vote for. The rich would still pay much more than the less affluent. But if the rich are going to be expected to pay all or most of the taxes while others get pretty much a free ride, then the rich should be the ones to set the rules.
The rich have been setting the rules for the last 5000 years, and one thing they've learned is that every penny saved from taxation becomes available for more "productive" uses, like bribing elected officials for "liberal" trade policies and lower tax rates.

"Just over 57% of the $230 million raised by Super PACs from individuals came from just 47 people giving at least $1 million. Just over 1,000 donors giving $10,000 or more were responsible for 94% of this fundraising.

"Sheldon and Miriam Adelson have given a combined $36.3 million to Super PACs in the 2012 cycle. It would take more than 321,000 average American families donating an equivalent share of their wealth to match the Adelsons’ giving."

Million-Dollar Megaphones: Super PACs and Unlimited Outside Spending in the 2012 Elections | Demos

If your definition of political equality provides equal citizenship to all members of the state, how is equality served by allowing the rich to use campaign donations to determine our "choices" on election day?

If your definition of political equality provides equal citizenship to all members of the state, how is equality served by allowing the rich to use campaign donations to determine our "choices" on election day?

Why lie ? A superpac isnt campaign donations.

It is a collective producing media materials w/ protection of the 1st Am as upheld by SCOTUS in Citizens United V FEC.

I can not wait to see them.
Hasn't it always been 3 debates?

How long does each debate last? If it is an hour and a half, I think 3 is enough.

Can't wait to see the Veep debate, :badgrin: regardless of whom Romney selects, which I am rooting for Paul Ryan, as of this post.

If its Biden vs Ryan, Ryan wins.

If its Biden vs Pawlenty, Biden wins.

I like Pawlenty more than Ryan but Biden, even after all the dumb shit he says, has a way of pulling it together and holding in the crazy for debates.

Ryan on the other hand , while I completely disagree with every evil thing that comes out of his forked tongued mouth, is just a damn good debater.

Biden can't beat anything but his penis.. Palin kicked the shit outta him. Dah...

The truly miserable part of this is that it is limited to the two-party dictatorship candidates.

Talk about a conspiracy!

Debate? What debate? Between two burglars arguing over how to get into your house?

Stopping a Depression - Put in place while Bush was Pres.
Providing healthcare for millions - Not so fast there fella
Killing terrorists - Bush again
Saving the auto companies - Poor decision. We have Chapter 11 available
Repealing DADT- wow

Romneycare?
Bain?

Community Organizer and Politician vs Businessman and Politician.?

Gee, this one's going to be tough to decide.

So your constitutional opinion is that the poor and the infirm and the elderly should not be allowed to vote

Are you saying that all of those in the 50% that pay little or no taxes are poor, infirm, or elderly? Should that 50% be the ones to choose how much in taxes the rest of us will pay?

I am saying that everybody should have a stake in the game. Everybody should be paying some taxes and should experience the consequences of a tax increase or a tax decrease and proportionately feel the effects of the laws passed by those they vote for. The rich would still pay much more than the less affluent. But if the rich are going to be expected to pay all or most of the taxes while others get pretty much a free ride, then the rich should be the ones to set the rules.

Not what you said

You said if you do not pay taxes, you should not be allowed to vote

Do you believe that?

That is what I said. I said nothing about votes.

The rich have been setting the rules for the last 5000 years, and one thing they've learned is that every penny saved from taxation becomes available for more "productive" uses, like bribing elected officials for "liberal" trade policies and lower tax rates.

"Just over 57% of the $230 million raised by Super PACs from individuals came from just 47 people giving at least $1 million. Just over 1,000 donors giving $10,000 or more were responsible for 94% of this fundraising.

"Sheldon and Miriam Adelson have given a combined $36.3 million to Super PACs in the 2012 cycle. It would take more than 321,000 average American families donating an equivalent share of their wealth to match the Adelsons’ giving."

Million-Dollar Megaphones: Super PACs and Unlimited Outside Spending in the 2012 Elections | Demos

Should not equal citizenship imply also equal responsibility? If everybody took equal responsibility, proportionately of course depending on ability, the millions of voters out there would overwhelm those 1000 donors. So don't cry to me that some are putting their money and reputations on the line for what they believe while others whine that they do it.

And if I think it is wrong for the free ride people to have all the power to tell me how much I have to pay in order for them to have that free ride, I just can't find anything wrong with my point of view about that. The problem is not what the rich give or what the rich pay in taxes. The problem is what the bottom 75% don't give and don't pay in taxes.

Stopping a Depression - Put in place while Bush was Pres.
Providing healthcare for millions - Not so fast there fella
Killing terrorists - Bush again
Saving the auto companies - Poor decision. We have Chapter 11 available
Repealing DADT- wow

Romneycare?
Bain?

Community Organizer and Politician vs Businessman and Politician.?

Gee, this one's going to be tough to decide.

Ah yes..

The historic revisionism of the FoxNation

An Romney gets to explain why Republicans opposed all of it

.. and only one for the VP candidates..

I really think this sucks, I believe the American people deserve to know more on the views of these candidates...

A full test of their mettal before the American people..

(Personally, I believe Obama is to much of a coward to submit to the test and Democrats/liberal media will provide Obama with excuses)

------------------------:mad:

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule

The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and Mitt Romney. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.

2012 Presidential Debate Schedule « 2012 Election Central

Romney won't know what hit him, Obama has very successfully debated some of the best, many times over.

If you were smart, that was rhetorical, you'd be trying to lower the bar for robot Romney, not raise it.

like who? McCain? :lol:

Not what you said

Do you believe that?

Interesting..

Then by what mechanism did you propose.......Those exempt from the obligation to pay the bills should not be empowered to obligate others to pay.

How are the poor empowered if not by the vote?

Not what you said

Do you believe that?

Interesting..

Then by what mechanism did you propose.......Those exempt from the obligation to pay the bills should not be empowered to obligate others to pay.

How are the poor empowered if not by the vote?

Well my comments here were directed at those who think those who give to campaigns hold all the power and should not be allowed to do that.

Stopping a Depression
Providing healthcare for millions
Killing terrorists
Saving the auto companies
Repealing DADT

Romneycare?
Bain?

Stopping a Depression: No. He has prolonged the recovery, given billions in loan guarantees (free money) to his supporters under the guise of STIMULUS MONEY

Providing healthcare for millions: and taking away from others, causing perfectly good doctors to QUIT THEIR PROFESSION

Killing terrorists: He FINALLY permitted what Bush ordered years before. He did NOT kill bin Laden...Navy Seals killed bin Laden. Obama finally got out from under Valerie Jarrett and her procrastinating nature.

Saving the auto companies: Saving UNIONS, screwing preferred debtors

Repealing DADT:...with no visible benefit except that gays can now flaunt themselves more.

If Romney and Ryan can just rachet down the runaway train back to normal speed, the Tea Partiers will have a better chance to focus on fixes for things such as campaign finance reform. And the best way to have campaign finance reform is to have much more fair and equitable flat tax system coupled with limitations on how Congress can use our money. An acknowledgement that the money is ours and not the government's would be a good starting place.

I'm hoping Romney and Ryan will show me that they understand this. Obama sure as hell hasn't.

If Romney and Ryan can just rachet down the runaway train back to normal speed, the Tea Partiers will have a better chance to focus on fixes for things such as campaign finance reform. And the best way to have campaign finance reform is to have much more fair and equitable flat tax system coupled with limitations on how Congress can use our money. An acknowledgement that the money is ours and not the government's would be a good starting place.

I'm hoping Romney and Ryan will show me that they understand this. Obama sure as hell hasn't.

I hope the Tea Party does go after campaign finance reform. Flat tax has nothing to do with it. We need to get big money and patronage out of campaign financing. Let the government finance campaigns....only way to keep them honest

I hope the Tea Party does go after campaign finance reform. Flat tax has nothing to do with it. We need to get big money and patronage out of campaign financing. Let the government finance campaigns....only way to keep them honest

As long as 50% of Americans don't have to pay essentially any federal income taxes, the next 25% pay only a tiny percentage of federal income taxes, I'm not going to worry about who is financing campaigns so long as they are Americans. I figure the big money donors will have my interests much more in mind than will the free loaders who want all the benefits but will vote for those who will keep them on a free ride. And I figure there are more honorable, smart thinking Americans with deep pockets than there are those who promote more authoritarian government.

Put in a much more flat system with everybody being required to share in the collective burden, however, and you will see a much different situation. When everybody realizes the benefits and/or the negative consequences of tax policy, they all are much more likely to be careful who they vote for and why they vote.

Last edited:

As long as 50% of Americans don't have to pay essentially any federal income taxes, the next 25% pay only a tiny percentage of federal income taxes, I'm not going to worry about who is financing campaigns so long as they are Americans. I figure the big money donors will have my interests much more in mind than will the free loaders who want all the benefits but will vote for those who will keep them on a free ride. And I figure there are more honorable, smart thinking Americans with deep pockets than there are those who promote more authoritarian government.

Put in a much more flat system with everybody being required to share in the collective burden, however, and you will see a much different situation. When everybody realizes the benefits and/or the negative consequences of tax policy, they all are much more likely to be careful who they vote for and why they vote.

I figure the big money donors will have my interests much more in mind than will the free loaders who want all the benefits but will vote for those who will keep them on a free ride. And I figure there are more honorable, smart thinking Americans with deep pockets than there are those who promote more authoritarian government.

Wow! Thats fucking scary

Right! Obama agreed to that with McCain...then opted for the dishonest way.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Forum List

Back