President Trump wants to cut energy assistance to the poor

The fed gov shouldnt be subsidizing energy.
I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.

Let’s let the elderly, who have worked and paid taxes all of their lives, contributed to their communities and their country, freeze in the dark shall we?
No one has said that. This is why it is impossible to have a conversation with anyone on the left.

Tell Me, why doesn't a red flag go off in your head when you hear that people cannot survive without the help of government?

Absolutely not. But then I live in a country which provides assistance with my heating/cooling bills too.

When such programs are in place and they’re available to all low income seniors who qualify on the basis of income, the contribute to the general welfare of older citizens.
Well, your general welfare argument has already been debunked.

It sure would be nice to see these assistance programs designed to move people into self-sufficiency and a weaning off of the assistance.

Maybe an educational program to younger people telling them that such assistance is unnecessary if they plan appropriately, but to inform them that if they fail to plan appropriately, they are shit out of luck.

It is an axiom, that if you offer to take care of people, they will let you. If they fear being left out in the cold (so to speak), they'll take the proper measures.

Haha..
You Loons are noble as fuck with when armed with my checkbook aren’t you? “Give them free shit or you’ll kill them” haha
What is it that you hate about extending FREEDOM to people?
The freedom to control their own destiny. Sometimes their destiny leads them to death. Do you hate the idea of having the freedom to control your own destiny through your own choices?
Let me guess...you want the freedom to choose right up until that point where you’ve made the wrong choice and THEN you want taxpayer interference...am I right?
(we’ve probably reached that point where you’ll want to pretend you didn’t see this post...I’ll understand)

Do you really want to live in a nation where old ladies, crippled people and pregnant women freeze to death in the winter? In a nation that spends hundreds of billions to keep it's war machine well oiled in case it needs to bomb some afghan goat herders? C'mon.

NOPE...
We embrace the idea of helping elderly folks, the disabled and the like.
Everybody else....get a fucking job....OR a bigger fucking blanket.

Haha..
You Loons are noble as fuck with when armed with my checkbook aren’t you? “Give them free shit or you’ll kill them” haha
The freedom to control their own destiny. Sometimes their destiny leads them to death. Do you hate the idea of having the freedom to control your own destiny through your own choices?
Let me guess...you want the freedom to choose right up until that point where you’ve made the wrong choice and THEN you want taxpayer interference...am I right?
(we’ve probably reached that point where you’ll want to pretend you didn’t see this post...I’ll understand)

Do you really want to live in a nation where old ladies, crippled people and pregnant women freeze to death in the winter? In a nation that spends hundreds of billions to keep it's war machine well oiled in case it needs to bomb some afghan goat herders? C'mon.
I want to live in a nation where people take responsibility for themselves and don't burden others. Not really a hard ask.

general" in this sense, means "national". An individual receiving assistance that EVERYONE else isnt receiving is unconstitutional.

Ah I see. So in Judge Harley's court the only way to go is a guaranteed energy subsidy for everybody, regardless of need.

Why does it strike me that that would take way more money? I'm not real good at math.

Here is a quot from Prez Monroe on rebuilding the cumberland road “to purposes of common defence, and of general, national, not local, or state, benefit.”
a big fire broke out in savannah and almost destroyed the entire city. They received no federal funding. Wanna know why? The fourth congress understood it was unconstitutional.
Wanna know why? Because local benefit is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. In order for it to meet Constitutional requirements, it has to be NATIONAL. Applied equally between all states and individuals.

------ sooooo the welfare of Savannah (if it's the city it's capitalized) doesn't matter to the nation? Are there certain cities that matter and others that don't? Are not the residents of Savannah .... American citizens?

Should the Army Corps of Engineers NOT have done all that work on the Mississippi River after the disastrous flooding of 1927?
When shit doesnt make sense, you change it. You dont corrupt it. You dont discuss in a dishonest way like raping the definitions of words. You CHANGE IT. All you have to do, if you want to wipe everyones ass, is AMEND it. Dont shit all over it. And dont throw away your integrity acting like you dont know what general means.

i think it's admirable that when people get too old to be useful, the cons kick them to the curb.

tell your mom it's time to go because you're getting another $32/week back on your taxes and living indoors is highly overrated anyway

you know you want to

I see nothing wrong with the state helping people out if thats what the citizens want them to do. But the fed gov doing it? Amend the Constitution.

general" in this sense, means "national". An individual receiving assistance that EVERYONE else isnt receiving is unconstitutional.

Ah I see. So in Judge Harley's court the only way to go is a guaranteed energy subsidy for everybody, regardless of need.

Why does it strike me that that would take way more money? I'm not real good at math.

Here is a quot from Prez Monroe on rebuilding the cumberland road “to purposes of common defence, and of general, national, not local, or state, benefit.”
a big fire broke out in savannah and almost destroyed the entire city. They received no federal funding. Wanna know why? The fourth congress understood it was unconstitutional.
Wanna know why? Because local benefit is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. In order for it to meet Constitutional requirements, it has to be NATIONAL. Applied equally between all states and individuals.

------ sooooo the welfare of Savannah (if it's the city it's capitalized) doesn't matter to the nation? Are there certain cities that matter and others that don't? Are not the residents of Savannah .... American citizens?

Should the Army Corps of Engineers NOT have done all that work on the Mississippi River after the disastrous flooding of 1927?
When shit doesnt make sense, you change it. You dont corrupt it. You dont discuss in a dishonest way like raping the definitions of words. You CHANGE IT. All you have to do, if you want to wipe everyones ass, is AMEND it. Dont shit all over it. And dont throw away your integrity acting like you dont know what general means.

I know exactly what general means, and I'm still demanding to know in what universe general is not comprised of individuals. Show me that universe. With a link to Google Maps.

Again, following your own logic --- was it wrong for the Fed to fix the Mississippi River after the 1927 disaster, on the basis that it didn't directly benefit anybody in New Hamstet?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
I see nothing wrong with the state helping people out if thats what the citizens want them to do. But the fed gov doing it? Amend the Constitution.

Once AGAIN the fed doesn't do it -- the states do it. The Fed provides the money TO do it. And that's because we as a country all agree that we don't want to walk around frozen corpses in the winter.

Haha..

NOPE...
We embrace the idea of helping elderly folks, the disabled and the like.
Everybody else....get a fucking job....OR a bigger fucking blanket.

Good, then we agree. I do think some of us on the right need to try harder to let everyone know we're not completely heartless, that we just want to make sure money isn't being wasted so lazy people can sit on their asses.

I just wish you statist dumbfucks would amend the Constitution instead of shitting all over it.
It's Life, Liberty and THE PURSUIT of happiness.
Nowhere does the Constitution Guarantee happiness.

In the phrase "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" --- what's the first term in that list?
You've actually got a one-in-three chance of getting it right.

The administration claims the program is "rife with fraud" but a spokesperson for the people who get the money claims it isn't. How on earth could the federal government keep tabs on grants to companies who allegedly compensate their customers? Of course the program is open to fraud but the FBI is too busy chasing political enemies to investigate. The Trump administration is working on a replacement for the plan but of course the "editorial" doesn't include that information. This is part of cleaning the freaking swamp but the hypocrite left that used to hate "corporate welfare" and the gas and oil industry is now defending corporations and big energy as long as they think they can score a few points against the Trump administration which they hate more than corporations or big energy.

LiHEAP doesn't go to corporations. It pays bills on behalf of consumers. The energy company derives no benefit therefrom, other than having some billings paid for that otherwise would have gone into arrears for lack of ability of the consumer to pay them.

Further, if the Rump Administration is "working on a replacement", number one -- link? Number two, forgive us if we don't have a whoooooole lotta confidence in an assistance pogrom --- sorry, program --- put together by an elitist asshole who has zero experience with any kind of 'assistance', and number three, you don't start chipping away at the existing program BEFORE you have a new one ready. Even if such "replacement" actually did exist and wasn't something you just made up on a message board thinking that nobody would call you on it.

Like all things Trump

He refuses to provide details on his replacement before he repeals an existing program

Trust me

I know exactly what general means, and I'm still demanding to know in what universe general is not comprised of individuals. Show me that universe. With a link to Google Maps.
Its compromised of individuals as a whole, you fucking idiot.
If it meant on an individual basis, it would say "and promote the individual welfare"
Evidently you really dont know what general means :lol:
Not to mention, i even posted a little history for you. But god forbid, pogo be wrong about something.. Grow up, you damn dinosaur

Once AGAIN the fed doesn't do it -- the states do it. The Fed provides the money TO do it. And that's because we as a country all agree that we don't want to walk around frozen corpses in the winter.
You are so fucking clueless :rofl:

It's Life, Liberty and THE PURSUIT of happiness.
Nowhere does the Constitution Guarantee happiness.

In the phrase "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" --- what's the first term in that list?

Sounds like something an anti-abortion activist would say. Are you sure you're not a conservative?

The administration claims the program is "rife with fraud" but a spokesperson for the people who get the money claims it isn't. How on earth could the federal government keep tabs on grants to companies who allegedly compensate their customers? Of course the program is open to fraud but the FBI is too busy chasing political enemies to investigate. The Trump administration is working on a replacement for the plan but of course the "editorial" doesn't include that information. This is part of cleaning the freaking swamp but the hypocrite left that used to hate "corporate welfare" and the gas and oil industry is now defending corporations and big energy as long as they think they can score a few points against the Trump administration which they hate more than corporations or big energy.

LiHEAP doesn't go to corporations. It pays bills on behalf of consumers. The energy company derives no benefit therefrom, other than having some billings paid for that otherwise would have gone into arrears for lack of ability of the consumer to pay them.

Further, if the Rump Administration is "working on a replacement", number one -- link? Number two, forgive us if we don't have a whoooooole lotta confidence in an assistance pogrom --- sorry, program --- put together by an elitist asshole who has zero experience with any kind of 'assistance', and number three, you don't start chipping away at the existing program BEFORE you have a new one ready. Even if such "replacement" actually did exist and wasn't something you just made up on a message board thinking that nobody would call you on it.

Like all things Trump

He refuses to provide details on his replacement before he repeals an existing program

Trust me

It's an amazing, incredible replacement. Many people are saying that. They're saying that from the comfort of their toasty heated mansions.

It gets great ratings. Thousands of people are dancing on rooftops about it right now. There's a cover story in Time Magazine about it hanging on my wall. It's bigly. I like people who weren't kept from freezing, OK?

This is a typical example of an editorial disguised as news. I looked up the author David Sharp and there is nothing on google except some poor guy who died on Mt. Everest. Maybe Sharp is the type of foreign agent that Mueller uncovered.

Its compromised of individuals as a whole, you fucking idiot.
If it meant on an individual basis, it would say "and promote the individual welfare"
Evidently you really dont know what general means :lol:
Not to mention, i even posted a little history for you. But god forbid, pogo be wrong about something.. Grow up, you damn dinosaur

You CANNOT promote the general welfare WITHOUT benefiting the individuals therein.

Holy SHIT you're an obtuse mothafucka :banghead:

This is a typical example of an editorial disguised as news. I looked up the author David Sharp and there is nothing on google except some poor guy who died on Mt. Everest. Maybe Sharp is the type of foreign agent that Mueller uncovered.

so you're saying trump's budget is fake news?

you've got it bad, s0n

Forum List

Back