President Trump to be left off 2020 ballots unless he shows his tax returns, Washington State says

Trump to be left off 2020 ballots unless he shows his tax returns, Washington State says

Donald Trump’s name will not appear on voting ballots in Washington State if the president fails to release his tax returns ahead of the 2020 elections.

Lawmakers in the Washington State senate approved major legislation this week that would legally require all presidential candidates to release the last five years of their personal tax returns in order to have their names featured on both primary and general voting ballots.

Surely they have finished that audit by now ?

I wonder if this is a wise move ? Doesnt it create a precedent ? Trump is a bad apple but this type of tactic could be used to exclude decent people.

And it will be found to be unconstitutional as there is no constitutional requirement to publicly disclose tax returns

LOL

Why is that funny

It's a logical fallacy.

Trump to be left off 2020 ballots unless he shows his tax returns, Washington State says

Donald Trump’s name will not appear on voting ballots in Washington State if the president fails to release his tax returns ahead of the 2020 elections.

Lawmakers in the Washington State senate approved major legislation this week that would legally require all presidential candidates to release the last five years of their personal tax returns in order to have their names featured on both primary and general voting ballots.

I wonder if this is a wise move ? Doesnt it create a precedent ? Trump is a bad apple but this type of tactic could be used to exclude decent people.

Honest people don't have a thing to worry about. If it excludes dishonest people, it's a breath of fresh air and would stop MOST of the Presidential Wanna be's cold in their tracks. Imagine, an Honest Abe President. It's been a very long time. I believe the last one was Ike.
Did Abe Lincoln make all of his personal tax documents public?

And it will be found to be unconstitutional as there is no constitutional requirement to publicly disclose tax returns

Which is why the picks of Kavanaugh and Gorsuch are so important. The SCOTUS needs to make decisions based on the Constitution and not personal political bias (Sotomayor and Kagan).

LOL

Why is that funny

It's a logical fallacy.
Elaborate

upload_2019-3-18_8-17-34.jpeg

View attachment 250864
upload_2019-3-18_10-18-18.jpeg

Honest people don't have a thing to worry about. If it excludes dishonest people, it's a breath of fresh air and would stop MOST of the Presidential Wanna be's cold in their tracks. Imagine, an Honest Abe President. It's been a very long time. I believe the last one was Ike.
Did Abe Lincoln make all of his personal tax documents public?

Yes, he made all his Federal Tax returns available on request.

LOL

So there is a Constitutional requirement that one must make tax records public?

Nope. There is however a 10th Amendment.
Sorry but the requirements to run for president is not one of those things the 10th covers

LOL

Sorry but the requirements to run for president is not one of those things the 10th covers
upload_2019-3-18_8-23-22.jpeg

LOL

View attachment 250871

Keep trying , Corky one day you won't be a retard anymore

I would like to have every presidential candidates personal tax returns made public, and support any state which makes it a requirement for being on the state ballot. And I say this as a conservative who voted for Trump (what choice did I have?).

I think Ford is the only president in the last 40 years who hasn’t released his tax returns.

Releasing tax returns will not preclude dishonest people from becoming president.

A shameful foolish move by my home state which continues to sink into leftist idiocy.

Besides the partisan appeal to Washington state legislature busybodies there is nothing that says any candidate must post tax returns. The move will only trigger support for Trump in Washington, a state that succumbed to creeping Califoniafication years ago, and elsewhere.

Trump in all likelihood will not carry the state so why have witless state politicians made this an issue and forced this issue to the courts where it will most certainly lose? It's so needlessly stupid.

I am not a lawyer and I doubt you are either, but I seriously doubt requiring a tax return infringes a canidate’s constitutional rights.
The Constitution beat you by a couple of hundred years and change when it comes to setting the requirements for becoming president of the United States of America. Requiring the posting of tax returns is not on that list.

Any legal challenge by any state that sets arbitrary and subjective requirements in order to make a state's ballot
(candidate X must pledge to support a two state policy with regard to Palestine in order to be included on the state
presidential ballot, etc.) is illegal on it's face.

Why does nobody mention that President Trump has fully complied with all of the disclosure requirements of his candidacy and his office? The mandatory disclosures include his assets and holdings, and are quite voluminous. They are available to the general public at any time. They, frankly, include EVERYTHING that the People are entitled to know, BECAUSE THESE DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS WERE FORMULATED BY THE PEOPLES' REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS!

Box

No rational person fails to understand the Leftists' hunger to see Trump's tax returns. Even the Liar in Chief, Michael Cohen, formerly Esquire, explained it fully in his testimony before Congress a few weeks ago. Trump knows that once his returns are made public, the Leftwing Media - mainly the New York Times - will unleash an Army of forensic accountants to examine every jot and tittle of the documents, in an attempt to uncover not just illegalities, but ANYTHING THAT CAN BE PORTRAYED IN A WAY THAT IS EMBARRASSING TO THE PRESIDENT.

In short, he would be crazy to release anything more than the first couple pages of his tax returns. And even the Lefties and radical partisans in the Democrat party know that THEY CANNOT COMPEL HIM TO DISCLOSE THE DOCUMENTS legally, so they must hop and jump around like lunatics, pretending that they CAN, and that they WILL SHORTLY DEMAND that he release them, knowing that it is all stuff and nonsense.

The Lefties attacking Trump daily have not yet reached the point where they incite violence in his supporters, but that day is coming soon. And won't they all cry and wail that they never saw it coming.

Why does nobody mention that President Trump has fully complied with all of the disclosure requirements of his candidacy and his office?
Because this thread is about him releasing his tax returns. The topic might have been your first clue.

Since when did Progressives care about rules and qualifications especially after Obama wasn't even born in the USA and he became President.

Forum List

Back