President takes first actions on guns and gun violence

150640_592963870729128_600752646_n_zpse98e4018.jpg

Pew research, REALLY?

Damn, is it really that easy, kind of like magic, just a stroke of a pen. Kind of makes you wonder why he waited almost 4 years. He told Sarah Brady he was working on the "gun problem", behind the scenes, a couple of years ago. Ya think if he hadn't lied to her then and used his pen at that time, Sandy Hook might not have happened? Maobama lied and people died, good job commie pres, good job.

Now wait just a darn minute. The President is being demonized for gun control right here in this thread...and now you want to demonize him for not doing it sooner?

JHC. Are not even ashamed of your duplicity?

Heller said that everyone has a right to keep and bear arms. Until that decision passed Washington DC absolutely prohibited gun ownership, and had won every challenge to that law in court.

Pay attention, idiot.

From the Heller decision:

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Pay attention, friend.

Like all humans, the 9 people on the court make mistakes.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. In either case, you can't just ignore their rulings....and least you can't and expect not to go to jail.

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Pay attention, friend.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. In either case, you can't just ignore their rulings....and least you can't and expect not to go to jail.

Conditions and qualifications are not bans. when you start doing idiotic things like mag restrictions, you are banning. when you make it so any semi auto rifle is illegal, you are banning. When any semi automatic pistol is illegal, you are banning.

Damn, is it really that easy, kind of like magic, just a stroke of a pen. Kind of makes you wonder why he waited almost 4 years. He told Sarah Brady he was working on the "gun problem", behind the scenes, a couple of years ago. Ya think if he hadn't lied to her then and used his pen at that time, Sandy Hook might not have happened? Maobama lied and people died, good job commie pres, good job.

Now wait just a darn minute. The President is being demonized for gun control right here in this thread...and now you want to demonize him for not doing it sooner?

JHC. Are not even ashamed of your duplicity?

Just aksed, if it's that easy, why did he wait and watch more people die? Simple question.

If a person starts with the personal slurs and hyperbole attacks - it's easy to see they are just hyper-partisan hacks. They aren't really interested in the issue, they're just interested in flaming out.

No respect due.

But if someone reads the information and expresses disagreement or concern and can explain why, I gotta give 'em some credit and treat them with respect.

Pretty clear who falls into which category in this thread. (As in most)

Conditions and qualifications are not bans. when you start doing idiotic things like mag restrictions, you are banning. when you make it so any semi auto rifle is illegal, you are banning. When any semi automatic pistol is illegal, you are banning.

I don't know of anywhere in the United States were all semi-automatic rifles or pistols are illegal. Do you?

Pay attention, friend.

The government ignores their rulings all the time, why aren't they in jail?

I don't know of anywhere in the United States were all semi-automatic rifles or pistols are illegal. Do you?

Washington DC and Chicago.

Not anymore. Try again. And, their un-Constitutional laws only applied to handguns, not rifles or shotguns.

The President has begun taking specific actions to implement his list of goals relating to guns and gun violence.

Yesterday, he released 2 memorandum to department heads, which I will post separately below.

As his specific policies are released, I will post them in this thread for discussion. My source will be the White House homepage.

His list of goals he's had since 1996? That list or is there a new list?

Not anymore. Try again. And, their un-Constitutional laws only applied to handguns, not rifles or shotguns.

Didn't I tell you before to pay attention? The law in Washington DC currently makes it illegal to own a gun unless you bought it from a licensed gun dealer in the city, of which there exists exactly zero because the permitting process does not allow anyone that wants to sell guns to open a store.

Didn't I tell you before to pay attention? The law in Washington DC currently makes it illegal to own a gun unless you bought it from a licensed gun dealer in the city, of which there exists exactly zero because the permitting process does not allow anyone that wants to sell guns to open a store.

Evidence, please.

Yes, it is a settled Constitutional issue. All we're talking about now is expanding the legal issue, not eliminating it altogether.

Heller said that everyone has a right to keep and bear arms. Until that decision passed Washington DC absolutely prohibited gun ownership, and had won every challenge to that law in court.

Pay attention, idiot.

Pay attention, friend.

There are reportedly 3.5 to 4 million so called 'assault rifles' that have been sold to American citizens by American gun dealers. That puts them in the "in common use at the time" category.

How do you think an assault weapon ban proposed by Obama will fare in the Supreme Court if, by some quirk of fate, it should ever be passed by Congress?

Last edited:

Evidence, please.

What? Nothing yet? Here, let me help you out:

MILLER: The new guide to getting a gun in D.C. - Washington Times

Pretty much new york now. The NRA and the 2nd amendment federation are reviewing it as we speak. Even the creators dont really know what is says. One thing they found out is retired police officers have to follow the same rules as everyone else, and go down to a 7 round magazine by the end of the year. They are furious, but is fine by me. If they want the law so much they have to follow it. I would extend the restriction to the off duty piece carried by the officers, and let them keep thier up magged service piece at the precicnt.

And they are illegal for me because I didnt own one before the law was signed. Thats a ban, and a lack of equal protection under the law.

Pay attention, idiot.

Pay attention, friend.

There are reportedly 3.5 to 4 million so called 'assault rifles' that have been sold to American citizens by American gun dealers. That puts them in the "in common use at the time" category.

How do you think an assault weapon ban proposed by Obama will fare in the Supreme Court if, by some quirk of fate, it should ever be passed by Congress?

If one of the conservative members resigns during obama's term, quicker than you think. The liberal members of the court are progressive autotmatons.

Pretty much new york now. The NRA and the 2nd amendment federation are reviewing it as we speak. Even the creators dont really know what is says. One thing they found out is retired police officers have to follow the same rules as everyone else, and go down to a 7 round magazine by the end of the year. They are furious, but is fine by me. If they want the law so much they have to follow it. I would extend the restriction to the off duty piece carried by the officers, and let them keep thier up magged service piece at the precicnt.

And they are illegal for me because I didnt own one before the law was signed. Thats a ban, and a lack of equal protection under the law.

No, the New York law does not make all semi-automatic rifles and pistols illegal. That would be a complete ban and the Supreme Court has said the government can't go that far.

Here's the text of the bill. Read it yourself.

New York Gun Legislation - Document - NYTimes.com

The President has begun taking specific actions to implement his list of goals relating to guns and gun violence.

Yesterday, he released 2 memorandum to department heads, which I will post separately below.

As his specific policies are released, I will post them in this thread for discussion. My source will be the White House homepage.

His list of goals he's had since 1996? That list or is there a new list?

I always said it was obama's intention to ban firearms rifles are just a start.

Forum List

Back