President takes first actions on guns and gun violence

Bull shit. I have sold guns in the not too distant past and bought guns recently, unrestricted from friends and friends of friends. No background check, no waiting period, no report to the government.

You need to educate yourself.

Are you denying that the government, at any level, does not have the right to restrict gun sales? The Supreme Court disagrees.

That isn't the point. The point is that I'm against that part of obama's proposals because it erodes my liberties. You asked and I answered.

How does it erode your liberties any more than existing law erodes the liberties of licensed gun merchants? How is it fair to them if you can sell to anyone you like and they can't? How is it in the interest of public safety if others like you, but not so diligent, can sell to anyone they like, even convicted felons and gangbangers?

It's not a case of them not already doing it. They are. It's a case of doing it better.

What's wrong with that?

How, exactly, are they going to be "doing it better?" Law enforcement already lists everyone who is prohibited from buying guns with the database, just not all the classified information that puts people on that list. They aren't going to start sharing classified data, so that is not going to get better. Law enforcement already tracks every gun recovered from a crime scene, how is Obama going to make that better?

Details, or admit you are just blowing smoke because you whore for Obama.

Actually, a lot of information relevant to the database is not being reported and, in some instances, legally can't be. The data is incomplete and President is looking for ways to improve its performance.

Background check system for guns deeply flawed - latimes.com

The article claims the federal government is breaking the law, and a memo is supposed to fix that? Want to try that one again? Are you aware that the DoD has never actually won a case against a person that challenged it based on drug tests alone? Are you also aware that federal law actually requires due process before restricting someone's rights?

Seriously, dude, you are an idiot.

Strawman argument.

I want the right to sell a gun or buy a gun without the government interfering.

You don't have that unrestricted right and haven't for a long time. That's a well and often settled Constitutional issue. You're essentially demanding a right you've never had.

It is a settled legal issue, it is no longer settled constitutionally.

Yes, it is a settled Constitutional issue. All we're talking about now is expanding the legal issue, not eliminating it altogether.

I didn't say it was right, I said it was the only thing that made sense. Where did you get the idea that the CDC was directed to study guns only? I don't get that from the version presented.

Did you miss the words "gun violence" in the subject line of the memo?

No, but "gun violence" has two words in it. I came away from it thinking that the CDC was going to study what makes these people do the things they do. Now, why the CDC? I don't know except to say that obama is an idiot.

They are directed to find the common link in gun violence, guess what they will conclude when there are people that kill because they are crazy, and others that kill because they have a really good reason that makes sense to anyone, and still others that do it because they are angry.

Actually, that is the worst thing in all of his proposals. The first thing wrong with this is that the CDC studies disease, guns are not a disease. If they try to apply vector control logic to gun violence they will end up calling for a ban on guns because guns are the only common factor in all episodes of gun violence. Going into a study with a foregone conclusion is nothing more than propaganda.

Who else is positioned to do it? And, who said there is a foregone conclusion?

Who else is positioned to study violent crime? Seriously? Ever here of the field of criminology? What federal agency has more criminologists, the Justice Department or the Center for Disease Control?

As for who said there is a foregone conclusion, that was me.

Well....I guess if you'd RATHER have Eric Holder looking into it, that would be alright with me. Are you sure you want that?

How, exactly, are they going to be "doing it better?" Law enforcement already lists everyone who is prohibited from buying guns with the database, just not all the classified information that puts people on that list. They aren't going to start sharing classified data, so that is not going to get better. Law enforcement already tracks every gun recovered from a crime scene, how is Obama going to make that better?

Details, or admit you are just blowing smoke because you whore for Obama.

Actually, a lot of information relevant to the database is not being reported and, in some instances, legally can't be. The data is incomplete and President is looking for ways to improve its performance.

The article claims the federal government is breaking the law, and a memo is supposed to fix that? Want to try that one again? Are you aware that the DoD has never actually won a case against a person that challenged it based on drug tests alone? Are you also aware that federal law actually requires due process before restricting someone's rights?

So, since the system is broken, the President and the rest of us should just accept that and make no efforts to fix it? And, the article did not say the federal government is breaking the law. It only pointed out that they're not fulfilling their duties for a variety of reasons. I suppose you could define that as "breaking the law" but for what purpose?

By the way, do you know what due process is?

Last edited:
You don't have that unrestricted right and haven't for a long time. That's a well and often settled Constitutional issue. You're essentially demanding a right you've never had.

Yes, it is a settled Constitutional issue. All we're talking about now is expanding the legal issue, not eliminating it altogether.

Heller said that everyone has a right to keep and bear arms. Until that decision passed Washington DC absolutely prohibited gun ownership, and had won every challenge to that law in court.

Pay attention, idiot.

Who else is positioned to do it? And, who said there is a foregone conclusion?

Who else is positioned to study violent crime? Seriously? Ever here of the field of criminology? What federal agency has more criminologists, the Justice Department or the Center for Disease Control?

As for who said there is a foregone conclusion, that was me.

Well....I guess if you'd RATHER have Eric Holder looking into it, that would be alright with me. Are you sure you want that?

I don't want the government looking into it at all, but, if they do, it certainly makes sense to give it to people that study crime, not disease.

So, since the system is broken, the President and the rest of us should just accept that and make no efforts to fix it?

By the way, do you know what due process is?

The system is not broken, what is broken is the idiotic rules from people that think that a positive drug tests is the same as a conviction.

No, but "gun violence" has two words in it. I came away from it thinking that the CDC was going to study what makes these people do the things they do. Now, why the CDC? I don't know except to say that obama is an idiot.

They are directed to find the common link in gun violence, guess what they will conclude when there are people that kill because they are crazy, and others that kill because they have a really good reason that makes sense to anyone, and still others that do it because they are angry.

I don't know what they'll conclude and neither to you. It's just speculation. Why don't we wait and see what they say?

The system is broken and cannot be fixed. They can pass 100,000 laws that will only be ignored.

Heller said that everyone has a right to keep and bear arms. Until that decision passed Washington DC absolutely prohibited gun ownership, and had won every challenge to that law in court.

Pay attention, idiot.

From the Heller decision:

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Pay attention, friend.

Are you denying that the government, at any level, does not have the right to restrict gun sales? The Supreme Court disagrees.

That isn't the point. The point is that I'm against that part of obama's proposals because it erodes my liberties. You asked and I answered.

How does it erode your liberties any more than existing law erodes the liberties of licensed gun merchants?

It erodes both of them. As I explained before, I'm against background checks for everyone but we lost that fight. Now I'm fighting the eroding of my own personal liberties.

How is it fair to them if you can sell to anyone you like and they can't?

It isn't fair, the government is never fair. that doesn't mean you just stop fighting for your liberties.

How is it in the interest of public safety if others like you, but not so diligent, can sell to anyone they like, even convicted felons and gangbangers?

Gun control and background checks don't do anything, they never have and never will. You don't make people safe by taking liberties away.

I don't see where it says that at all. It says that they are suppused to find the "causes" of gun violence. Says that twice in there. Not once could I find where it says "common link".

Last edited:

I don't know what they'll conclude and neither to you. It's just speculation. Why don't we wait and see what they say?

Want to bet with me that they will conclude we need to do something about guns? Or do you prefer to pretend to be an idiot?

Pay attention, idiot.

From the Heller decision:

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Pay attention, friend.

Like all humans, the 9 people on the court make mistakes.

Want to bet with me that they will conclude we need to do something about guns? Or do you prefer to pretend to be an idiot?

I don't bet. And, certainly not on something foolish.

Last edited:

I don't see where it says that at all. It says that they are sippused to find the "causes" of gun violence. Says that twice in there. Not once could I find where it says "common link".

Let me simplify this, what causes "gun" violence? Is it crazy people? Guns? Stupid laws? People breaking into your house? Poverty?

You are asking a bunch of doctors who are trained to find vectors to track diseases to determine the cause of gun violence. They do this by looking for the common factors and working backward to find Patient Zero. What is that going to be in gun violence? Keep in mind that they are not studying crime, or even violent crime, just gun violence.

Last edited:
Damn, is it really that easy, kind of like magic, just a stroke of a pen. Kind of makes you wonder why he waited almost 4 years. He told Sarah Brady he was working on the "gun problem", behind the scenes, a couple of years ago. Ya think if he hadn't lied to her then and used his pen at that time, Sandy Hook might not have happened? Maobama lied and people died, good job commie pres, good job.

Forum List

Back